What did you do before you had the internet?

Raced motocross and folkrace when we had dial up. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Well I'm too young for this question... :ph34r:

Before I USED internet, I did child stuff... Like tag... xD

And recorder club....

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I, together with my brother, made games, websites (yes, lol) and videos—The kind of stuff that I managed to end up with as a profession a decade later. Ever since we were tiny human beings we've had our goals clear in our minds; That has made every decision in life easy to make thus far. I think the fact that we had to start out without any direct access to the Internet for a major part of our lives gave us a really stable basis of understanding, because everything had to be understood as we had no immediate way of looking things up over the net.

Ah... memories; Good times.

Cheers,

Linus

Im not THAT old. We had dial up as far back as I can remember. When I wasn't allowed on the computer id play with my trading cards, play my drums, ride my bike. That's as close as it gets for me in terms of before internet.

people will look back at this generation and think.

what was it like living without the internet?  Ahhh simpler times.

CPU: i7 4770K 4.2Ghz, Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty Z97x Killer, GFX: EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC ACX (x2 SLI), RAM: G.Skill 1600Mhz CAS 9 16GB, DSK Intel 530 120GB OS, Crucial M500 120GB, WD 1TB Blue, WD 1TB Green, PSU: Corsair AX1200i, Case: Obsidian 750D. 

SERVER HP ProLiant Microserver N54L, FreeNAS: ZFS, 8TB (4x 2TB WD Red), RAID Z2, 16GB ECC RAM, 1Gb/s Link Aggregated:  Running as NAS, Plex, & ownCloud

LEGO, so much LEGO

YES, though there was a serious horror when you discovered you had trapped yourself, Lego all around you with no escape. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I, together with my brother, made games, websites (yes, lol) and videos—The kind of stuff that I managed to end up with as a profession a decade later. Ever since we were tiny human beings we've had our goals clear in our minds; That has made every decision in life easy to make thus far. I think the fact that we had to start out without any direct access to the Internet for a major part of our lives gave us a really stable basis of understanding, because everything had to be understood as we had no immediate way of looking things up over the net.

Ah... memories; Good times.

That was more of a life lesson than an experience. lmao. Still awesome though.

Whole bunch of ps1+2 games. I remember only having croc & demo disks for my ps1. But on my ps2 I always used to play Ratchet and clank 1 and 3 (i want 1 for vita), Jak 1 & X, gran turismo 3 and getaway: black monday. I got dial-up around about the time I got Jak X, but it was dial-up, so it barely worked (10-20 minutes of loading runescape, only to discover i didn't like it :angry: ).

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Before I got to use internet for the first time at the age of 8 - 10 years... I don't remember much.

I played with Legos, plaid with former "friends", got beaten up quite often in school, beat my little sister quite often too (I was a violent kid back then, last time I ever did any physical harm to anyone on purpose was when I was 14 years old, 2 years ago)... Read comics (mostly Doland Duck), watched TV a lot (now I almost never watch TV), played PS2 games... In a nutshell, basic stuff.

Whole bunch of ps1+2 games. I remember only having croc & demo disks for my ps1. But on my ps2 I always used to play Ratchet and clank 1 and 3 (i want 1 for vita), Jak 1 & X, gran turismo 3 and getaway: black monday. I got dial-up around about the time I got Jak X, but it was dial-up, so it barely worked (10-20 minutes of loading runescape, only to discover i didn't like it :angry: ).

You used to play some old Ratchet and clank- games and Jak and Dexter -games too when you were a kid? I remember playing a lot of Ratchet Gladiator and Jak X on PS2, also Jak 2: Renegade, but didn't play it that much. Now I wish I still had my PS2 and didn't give it to my little sister.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I always had internet :P

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-4690K  MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO  RAM: 16GB Kingston GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 980 CASE: Cooler Master SSD: Samsung EVO 850 240GB  HDD: 2TB WD Red PSU: CX750M  CPU COOLER: 212 Evo CASE FANS: Cooler Master

Lego Racers and Lego Island and real Legos

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

:lol: I still go outside now that I have the internet...

...but in relation to tech before the internet, we always had a computer, a console and a TV. I spent a lot of time on MS Paint on windows 3.1 :lol:

I played games on my ps1 when I was a kid and I had bmx bike :P

Played my Playstation 2 and GTA Vice City on my PC  :P

>implying more than 10% of the people on Linus tech Tips are old enough to know the feeling of no internet

>tfw

^ Exactly.... 

Didn't really use a computer till I was 13. All I did was play flash games... 

Before that I would go outside and do shit. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

^ Exactly.... 

All I did was play flash games... 

Before that I would go outside and do shit. 

Like? Play flash games? In the park?

Dirty Boy!!!!!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Like? Play flash games? In the park?

Dirty Boy!!!!!

pSZdgEf.gif

-.-

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Played Flash Games

Man-Flashing-in-a-Park--87781.jpg

Those were the days....

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

pretty much this

anime-my-neighbor-totoro.jpg

grew up at the bottom of a mountain with bush (forest) all around and creeks I most of the time i wouldnt come home untill it was well into the night 

catching fish and crays ,cooking it on a open fire - it was fun :D

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I've never really not had the internet. I slightly remember dial-up and 256kbps broadband. For the most part I've had 20mbps/2.