Hello from a new member!

MumsALizard

Hi there, 

I suppose I better start with a little about myself. I built my first computer with my dad back in roughly 1999 and cant remember much about it but I've always loved gaming on the PC. 

A few years later I was hooked on Half Life 2 and CS:S but my computer were always lacking on the hardware side and it kind of took a back seat in my teenage years.

I am now 23 and in the last year I've been saving and building a new computer.

I started watching Linus' videos about building a good current computer as I was a little rusty and tech moves so fast! I was still used to molex and big IDE ribbon cables haha!

After I brought myself up to speed I built a fairly good computer consisting of a reference GTX 670 and a i5350k I wont go into the full spec as I my day a build log at a later date!

IMG_1541_zpsed3a781c.jpg

I was really pleased with the way it turned out but I enjoyed building it perhaps more than even playing on it and I soon got the bug!

Fast foward to today and this is how my rig stands today!!

IMG_18111_zpse0caf7a9.jpg

I now keep up to date with the WAN show on Youtube and I would really like to get into this community as It's something I feel very passionately about and take a genuine interest in!

Little Rig spec list!

Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 4.40GHz 

Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 OC w/ EK 680 waterblock 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 OC w/ EK 680 waterblock 

CPU Cooler: XSPC Rasa waterblock 

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Intel Z77 Chipset 

RAM: Mushkin FrostByte 8GB 
(2X4GB) 1600Mhz DDR3 Dual Channel 

PSU: Corsair AX760 Platinum Plus 

Storage1: Toshiba Qseries 128GB SSD SATA6 (currently dead) 

Storage2: 250gb SSD 

Case: Coolmasters Storm Enforcer 

Radiators: Hardware Labs GT Stealth 360 
Hardware Labs GT Stealth 240 

Pump: DDC-1 Ultra 18w w/ XSPC v3 Top 

Tubing: Primochill Advanced LRT Clear 

Coolant: Mayhems Gigabyte Orange w/ Mayhems Orange dye 

Fans: 5 X Yate Loon D12SH-12 High speed 

Fan controller: NZXT Sentry Mesh

And no it wasn't straight forward getting a 240 and a 360 rad in my Enforcer haha! Pulled it off though with a very clean OEM looking finish in my opinion :)

Welcome ...

and say yes to physX and no to Oculus!

Oh and hey I see you have 2 x 670s in there. I have one in my rig and was wondering what kind of FPS do you get in Metro: Last Light and Crysis 3 with everything cranked up in 1080p? I still have been thinking about getting a 2nd GTX 670 used at some point but just wanted to know the FPS in these games at that resolution in order to make my decision easier.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

High speed yates man are you mad?

Very nice build though

Error: 410

Welcome that build looks sweet. If you have more photos of the build, u could post to the Build Logs sub-forum.  

Carbon Fire ITX PCCPU: i7-4770K@3.8Ghz GPU: Asus GTX 660 Cpu Cooler Corsair H80i Mobo: Asus Maximnus VI Impact RAM: Corsair 16gb 1600MHz PSU: Corsair CX500 Modular SSD: 2x120gb HDD: Seagate 2TB Keyboard:Corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G700  Case Modded Bitfenix Prodigy

Thanks guys, Haha I have heard about the Oculus and Facebook! I really hope it comes to what I hope not what I expect... Time will tell! 

As for the yates there on a fan controller and I have them turned right down and I always have the option to increase the speed if the situation requires.

Unless there is a problem with running them at a lower speed as a posed to just buying mediums or slows? 

Welcome that build looks sweet. If you have more photos of the build, u could post to the Build Logs sub-forum.  

Thank you! Yeah I plan to do a build log as it was a bit of an adventure! Need to write it up at a later date though :)

Welcome to the forums! Nice rig, and remember: YOU WILL NEVER LEAVE. ;)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Welcome ...

and say yes to physX and no to Oculus!

Oh and hey I see you have 2 x 670s in there. I have one in my rig and was wondering what kind of FPS do you get in Metro: Last Light and Crysis 3 with everything cranked up in 1080p? I still have been thinking about getting a 2nd GTX 670 used at some point but just wanted to know the FPS in these games at that resolution in order to make my decision easier.

Hi there! Well going from 1 to 2 670s was a very good jump in performance! for the price of a 670 these days you cant go wrong! Crisis 3 maxed completely I get about 50fps on average at 1080p and Metro I have running a little under maxed at 60fps and it looks fantastic! I'd say do it! you wont look back! Obviously check your PSU is up to it etc!  :)

Smexi rig and BTW is your mom really a lizard?that's awesome ..jk

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Welcome to the forum, BTW nice looking rig.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Welcome to the forum! :) Woah that changed alot in terms of looks and it looks really nice.

Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature for the rules of the forum if you haven't already read it.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Welcome! I've yet to get the balls to do a custom loop and set aside the money for a WC upgrade to my system.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Welcome! That is an impressive looking rig you have there!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Hi there, 

I suppose I better start with a little about myself. I built my first computer with my dad back in roughly 1999 and cant remember much about it but I've always loved gaming on the PC. 

A few years later I was hooked on Half Life 2 and CS:S but my computer were always lacking on the hardware side and it kind of took a back seat in my teenage years.

I am now 23 and in the last year I've been saving and building a new computer.

I started watching Linus' videos about building a good current computer as I was a little rusty and tech moves so fast! I was still used to molex and big IDE ribbon cables haha!

After I brought myself up to speed I built a fairly good computer consisting of a reference GTX 670 and a i5350k I wont go into the full spec as I my day a build log at a later date!

IMG_1541_zpsed3a781c.jpg

I was really pleased with the way it turned out but I enjoyed building it perhaps more than even playing on it and I soon got the bug!

Fast foward to today and this is how my rig stands today!!

IMG_18111_zpse0caf7a9.jpg

I now keep up to date with the WAN show on Youtube and I would really like to get into this community as It's something I feel very passionately about and take a genuine interest in!

Little Rig spec list!

Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 4.40GHz 

Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 OC w/ EK 680 waterblock 

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 OC w/ EK 680 waterblock 

CPU Cooler: XSPC Rasa waterblock 

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Intel Z77 Chipset 

RAM: Mushkin FrostByte 8GB 

(2X4GB) 1600Mhz DDR3 Dual Channel 

PSU: Corsair AX760 Platinum Plus 

Storage1: Toshiba Qseries 128GB SSD SATA6 (currently dead) 

Storage2: 250gb SSD 

Case: Coolmasters Storm Enforcer 

Radiators: Hardware Labs GT Stealth 360 

Hardware Labs GT Stealth 240 

Pump: DDC-1 Ultra 18w w/ XSPC v3 Top 

Tubing: Primochill Advanced LRT Clear 

Coolant: Mayhems Gigabyte Orange w/ Mayhems Orange dye 

Fans: 5 X Yate Loon D12SH-12 High speed 

Fan controller: NZXT Sentry Mesh

And no it wasn't straight forward getting a 240 and a 360 rad in my Enforcer haha! Pulled it off though with a very clean OEM looking finish in my opinion :)

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Hi I'm Noire I'm depressive and play DayZ and like anime fox girls.

Welcome to the forums! Nice set up, looks clean and slick!

4YNI1Xu.gif

Don't forget to read the CoC here!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^