Post Linus Memes Here! << -Original thread has returned

3 hours ago, MistercanIgetacookie said:

399.jpg

The fact that Linus had to buy the "LTT" branding from NCIX (afaik it was for like $1?) to resolve a serious legal debate (yes Linus had to consult actual lawyers about the matter) about the branding's ownership back in like 2011(?) makes this all the funnier lol

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as I've been following LTT for only about a year or so.

On 10/18/2020 at 10:31 AM, Red 🙂 said:

Ekj2AaRWMAMJwM-?format=jpg&name=small

type c kinda eh, lighting is better designed in that the tabs that wear down are on the cord end itself, so it wears out the cord not the phone, faster charging would be appreciated though. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

9 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

type c kinda eh, lighting is better designed in that the tabs that wear down are on the cord end itself, so it wears out the cord not the phone, faster charging would be appreciated though. 

In Lightning connectors the sprung contacts are in the device, not the cable. It's the sprung contacts and sprung retention mechanism which experience wear and lose tension with repeated use which causes connection issues. In USB C those were moved to the cable, the less expensive part of the connection. With C there's just a set of contact pads with the device which are protected inside the port, with Lightning all the moving parts are inside the port and the connection pads are left exposed on the cable end. While neither standard may be more durable than the other, with C the chances are the cable will wear out before the device port. With lightning all the wear parts are inside the phone. I'd rather have C.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

In Lightning connectors the sprung contacts are in the device, not the cable. It's the sprung contacts and sprung retention mechanism which experience wear and lose tension with repeated use which causes connection issues. In USB C those were moved to the cable, the less expensive part of the connection. With C there's just a set of contact pads with the device which are protected inside the port, with Lightning all the moving parts are inside the port and the connection pads are left exposed on the cable end. While neither standard may be more durable than the other, with C the chances are the cable will wear out before the device port. With lightning all the wear parts are inside the phone. I'd rather have C.

https://www.appledystopia.com/reviews/usb-c-vs-lightning-page-1/#:~:text=USB-C has connecting tabs,the device must be replaced.

every article I can seem to find suggests that the lightning cable is meant to wear out before the port, my friend has an lg g8x and the USB-c port wore out in about 6 months. I've owned an iphone 5s that is now being used as a mini screen since around 2014, and the port still feels solid. If you can find something that states that USB-c is meant to wear out the cord not the port, and that lightning wears out the port not the phone, I'd be happy to hear.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Apple would never admit to how any of their devices would wear out, ha!

I don't really care that much to be honest, it's pretty clear what part moves and what part doesn't. Moving parts are more likely to fail.

Me when I see new replies in the meme thread, but they are not memes, but rather tech discussion:

pretendnoseeMemes.png.170532935769c611cd386813f53990af.png

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

"Ashen one, what is wrong?"

Linus rolls.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 16-core 5950X

CPU Cooler: Artic Freezer 2 AIO 360mm Radiator

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming

Memory: 32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600 MHz CL16

GPU: Nvidia RTX 4080 MSI Ventus 3X 16GB GDDR6X

Storage OS: 500GB Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 M.2 NVme SSD

Storage Games: 2TB Corsair MP600 Gen4 M.2 NVme SSD + 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD + 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD

Storage Misc: 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute 7200 RPM

PSU: Corsair HX Platinum 1000W 80+

Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 ATX Mid Tower

Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz 1ms 3440p (widescreen) HDR400 OLED panel 34"  + Asus PG258Q 240Hz 1ms 1080p G-Sync TN panel 24.5"

looks like Linus is going to go to the moon thanks to Mr beast and a fan ... congrats to him lol

he better update lttstore to create a t-shirt saying : my face is on the moon

image.thumb.png.340fbc0051c65c859a8c51506728ecc8.png

@glennmckenna your topic was merged with this topic "Post Linus Memes Here! << -Original thread has returned".

Please note to use this thread when posting memes in the future.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Hey guys,

Do you have the standard Windows 10 Background with Linus' face in the windows logo in High Definition? 

3840x1080 would be dope but I do not think somebody made that.

Appreciate the help!

15 hours ago, Vojtisek said:

why

why not?

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

i was just watching the last leg on channel 4 and thought that the presenter looks like Linus 30yrs from now. any thoughts? not the best photo but meh

linus 30yrs from now.PNG

IMG_20210130_115937.thumb.jpg.3ee3be880539a28550578436438c9af1.jpg

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

Haha stonks go brrrrrrrrrrrrr

image.thumb.png.b6ffdaac9b8fbd0eadb3cab4672ab3e9.png

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

t̶h̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶t̶h̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶A̶p̶r̶i̶l̶ ̶F̶o̶o̶l̶s̶' ̶M̶a̶d̶i̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶v̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶w̶u̶u̶u̶u̶u̶u̶t̶?̶

big_oof_madison.gif

storage_sandwich.jpeg.85fb7f549ff9e5fc24d1eff51359edce.jpeg

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/