Do gouvernement be able to access my data if i us a VPN

In my country government is planning to intercepts all internet communication and there is a law they set a proxy server server to do so. need to know if they can access my message like on whatsapp if i use a vpn like nord vpn 

They can always capture your data but removing the encryption wont be so easy depending on what kind of VPN service you use and how its encryption is setup.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 minutes ago, headhunter18 said:

In my country government is planning to intercepts all internet communication and there is a law they set a proxy server server to do so. need to know if they can access my message like on whatsapp if i use a vpn like nord vpn 

They can't access your data regardless. They may be able to see what server/service you connect to (like "oh, @headhunter18is using whatsapp again") but they can't see the actual content that you're transmitting to or receiving from those services (as in, they can't see the messages) because that's encrypted.

A VPN will also stop them from seeing which destination you connect to, but the data itself is already secure without a VPN.

I recommend watching Tom Scotts video on VPNs and what they are good for vs what they are advertising

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

A VPN is a great start, but just remember that it's only one layer of protection against data collection.  The following elements of your computer (among others) may also collect data about you, which your government may have direct/indirect access to.

• Your web browser.  Some, like Google Chrome, collect vast amounts of data from you and offer little in the way of protection from websites fingerprinting you.  I recommend using Brave Browser (which is based on Chromium).
  • Your Operating System.  Windows 10 caught a lot of flak over claims of being Microsoft spyware back when it was first released.  Things have gotten better since then, but there's still a lot of evidence of telemetry baked into the OS.  I recommend using macOS or Linux.
  • Services you use online.  Brave Browser helps prevent a lot of the tracking big sites like Google, Facebook and Twitter use, but if you're logged in to a service, there's little you can do to stop them monitoring your activity on their platform.  You can switch services (such as from Google to DuckDuckGo), or you can block Cookies entirely on sites you don't need to be logged into using a Chrome extension (works on other Chromium browsers like Brave), such as Disable Cookies.
  • Apps you install to your computer.  Almost everything has an app these days.  Some electric toothbrush manufacturers even sell models with a companion app.  Before downloading, you should assess whether or not you need that app and, if so, check if it has a good track record with privacy before installing.

20 minutes ago, empireOS said:

Not to be tinfoil hatty but hardware should be conisdered too, like intel me and amd psp

Use Tor.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

A lot of things people tend to overlook are the VPN's themselves. There's literally nothing stopping a VPN from sharing your data independently, and this 100% happens. Most VPN's contain fine print about the collection of your data as well as the distribution of said data. If a VPN claims to not collect your data, you need to make sure that it's not limited to you having an active subscription to the service. For example, if you sign up for a VPN and decide you don't like the service and move to another, there could be a clause in the terms of use that makes all data you transmitted while you were using the VPN fair game for redistribution. 

7 hours ago, headhunter18 said:

The safest answer is "yes... but"

VPN's encrypt data between two points, they do not protect those on either end. So if you trust both end points, then the VPN is fine. Otherwise, your "VPN" doesn't really protect you from anything. Most non-enterprise VPN's are used exclusively for piracy, and to believe otherwise is to be incredibly naive. The operators can be compelled to turn over data if you are paying for it. Y'know, unless you've bought prepaid credit/debit cards months in advance from a different country just to do that. Because again, they can also compel the payment operator to turn over data as well.

Instant messaging programs generally are no better than unencrypted IRC of the 1990's. It's basically putting a password to a private club's door, but the password is on a stickynote on the door. (which is what invite codes are effectively. Nothing stops you from sharing that invite code with everyone, including those snooping on you.)

Only point-to-point communications that are encrypted end-to-end are safe from snooping, and that requires exchanging encryption tokens in person to set up the E2E. If you have to send people a key via an untrusted mechanism, it can be intercepted. 

People often conflate encryption with security. It's not that simple. By forcing all websites to operate in TLS, Google, and Firefox made the web a much less safe,  much easier to spoof, because people had been trained that the "key" or "lock" icon meant the site was secure... but also made all the fake bank sites also have lock icons. This can of course be rectified by explicitly indicating what files or pages require TLS, and what files do not require TLS and can be fetched without cookies and query strings, but too often websites personalize (for ads) and this results in leaking identity information to third parties.

If you want to be safe from spying, you pretty much can't use anything that is ad-supported, paid, or "uses cloud services" to operate. Because all of that will come back to identify you.

if you have a cell phone then your probably compromised all ready. cell phones ping the network to look for hot spots like that modem to connector to well that data is sent to the cloud saying so and so was trying to coronet to so an so router at so and so time basically making a map of every ware you bean. hakers can get this data an follow you, rape, kill, or w/e they want to do. 

there nothing says the gourmeant cant pay to get your data. you can get data from apple too at a cost.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but to my understanding they can still "intercept" the data, a vpn just makes it a bit more difficult. 

And from the sound of the op, using a vpn will immediately make you suspect to the government and they might look at those a bit more closely (for whatever reason) 

Of course if I'm a evil government that wants to control people's internet behavior vpn is the first thing I'd make illegal ,so that question doesn't really add up to me, but maybe I would be a specifically good "bad" government.  😉

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 4/19/2021 at 3:27 PM, Vishera said:

Use Tor.

Depends what country you're in. The CIA and FBI can clearly assess your TOR history, it was invented by the US military afterall!

<Ryzen 3900x><B450 chipset><16gb 3200 Corsair Vengeance Ram><Wd Blue SN550 1tb storage><Razer Huntsman mini><32" Samsung CF39 curved monitor + 23" Samsung><240mm AIO Cooler><Nvidia GTX 1660 (boo!)>

Often seen flying around the world thanks to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Shiny

<-- Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites -->

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card