Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

https://www.originpc.com/configurator/ludicrous-pc/

I assume you guys already have something in the works with this ridiculous thing.  Linus has been doing videos with the kids, so its a natural fit.  If origin isn't willing to sponsor it, then you guys need to make your own.  Find a barbie power wheels on craigs list and make it happen.

Samsung Galaxy Buds Live review.

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile-audio/galaxy-buds-live/

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Review the newly improved Icegiant Thermosiphon Prototype - the Thermosiphon Elite

Something I have been wanting to do myself but not 100% on all the dynamics of this, so hey with LTT's knowledge and money, maybe they can make this happen and show the rest of us.

Long story short, a large display Video wall setup that you could have in your home and be actually affordable to most people.  So no LTT going to the skies with budget and spending $20k on some crazy 8k setup only the 1% could afford or be interested in.  This would be a alternative to a projector and screen setup, that would ideally get rid of the issues related to a projector such as daylight viewing, and room setup, etc.

From a quick search, start off with 4x of these 49inch 1080p Video Wall displays, that would give an effective 108-inch 4k Display at $519 each or $2076 total.  Add in a 2x2 4k capable video wall controller at $290: https://smile.amazon.com/Video-Controller-Processor-Support-Output/dp/B07SFYQW4C/  and you quite possibly have a 108-inch 4k TV for $2,366.

H4341f6450b8244bd8428b7c687bb79a4U.jpg

31 minutes ago, PacoDeth said:

Something I have been wanting to do myself but not 100% on all the dynamics of this, so hey with LTT's knowledge and money, maybe they can make this happen and show the rest of us.

Isn't this kinda done by several of their videos already? Including, but not limited to Windows TV, 16x monitors, most comfortable gaming setup etc.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Isn't this kinda done by several of their videos already? Including, but not limited to Windows TV, 16x monitors, most comfortable gaming setup etc.

Not at all. I'm talking about a proper and AFFORDABLE "Video Wall".  Not slapping a bunch of regular bezel, or even thin bezel monitors together.  Plus 16x monitors greatly increases the complexity.   You can't get the near-zero bezel lines from a regular monitor or TV as you can with a video wall panel.

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

uhm ok

Well, it's not a $600 TV, but this is more for home theater enthusiasts.  Hell, I setup a 720p projector and a electric drop down 120-inch screen setup in my home years ago when I was only making $40k a year.  This would be an alternative for the people that setup projectors in their homes, or buy the higher end, $1,500-$3,000 TV's and OLED TV's.  Not your $300 Vizio 55" college student.

I want to see the LTT team each build there best ideas into identical non see through PC case's only identified by there names on the inside then the PC's are mixed up each contestant has to play a few games run some benchmarks then each player has to cast there vote on the best to worst performance ,And who built each system, players are scored 1st by how many systems they guess it's builder correctly 2nd we're they stack up in the performance rank and bonus points for aesthetic, creativity and enginuity when the internals are unveiled, anything goes inside the case aslong as it can make it through the testing and still capable of running during the unveiling

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

hello guys at LTT i found this ssd drive that seems amazing and thought you guys might want to grab one and review it or scrutinize it? i dont know but they say its an "intelligent" drive with machine learning or some junk lol

here is the link...

https://www.enmotus.com/fuzedrive

would love to see a vid about it thanks!

Biometric Authentication!

It occurred to me that, when Apple launched both TouchID and FaceID, they were subjected to a lot of rigorous testing to see just how secure they were and how difficult it would be to fool them.  Much was made of how neither could be fooled very easily.

Now virtually every phone and decent laptop seems to come with either a fingerprint scanner and/or face recognition but they're never really tested to see if they're secure or not. Laptop manufacturers in particular seem to expect us to use them for Windows authentication and I often see reviews simply mention their presence without any comment on their security, LTT included.

How about a roundup of phones and laptops from major brands to see whether these systems are actually as secure as the Apple versions.  I suspect many manufacturers are implementing these systems "on the cheap" as just another box to tick on the spec sheet and, in reality, both could be easily fooled/bypassed.

I recently watched the (rerun) of the live stream tech troubleshooting between JayzTwoCents and Gamers Nexus, and as someone who's had to troubleshoot things like that over my (ahem) many years, I thought it was great. It had me thinking about some possible alternate contests like that (maybe even opening it up to regular Joe Blow like me without any sort of online presence :))

Me being, let's say, a bit riper in age than some around here, I'm kind of fond of the old school type stuff that we used to deal with long ago (HDD jumpers for primary/slave, IRQ conflicts, autoexec.bat, etc). I think some of the younger folks may be fascinated by the things we used to have to deal with to build a computer. I'm sure Linus has a stash of old tech somewhere that could be used.

* Give the contestants individual components to build a system, but multiple ones from each category (e.g. three video cards, three CPUs, three SSDs, etc). The goal is for them to build a system live and it will be scored based upon multiple categories (benchmark performance, overall price, stability, build time, etc). For added difficulty, they won't be told the prices of the individual components and they can't use Google to look them up or get performance comparisons. The components like the video cards could be similar, but one or two generations apart, hopefully without model numbers that give it away.

* An old school build (think PATA drives, Windows 9x/XP, dedicated sound cards, no onboard NICs). Something that requires knowing the ins and outs of computers of that era to get things working smoothly.

Sleeper PC idea. Cuz I love that video series lol

9EFB1F92-27D3-4435-AF7D-FA9599BE6619.jpeg

Dear Linus and the Team,

please do a dedicated review video on MacOS Server please. the existing videos are years old now and we would like to see that offerings Apple brings with the latest editions, more importantly what is the cheapest vs / latest hardware (Mac mini) to host a home or small tier Server and the applications/use cases. doesn't matter if that becomes 20-30 minutes (get Anthony too if you can, we love that guy) 

Cheers, 

1. Anthony OS review:

Windows 10 but better cause it's crippled into basically Windows 7.

https://ameliorated.info/

I'm a mac guy with love for linux and love these OS reviews (thanks for TempleOS review, I always wanted to see it but not actually install it).

2. Will removing Intel ME make your computer better/faster?

https://github.com/corna/me_cleaner

10 hours ago, SanjiSAN said:

Dear Linus and the Team,

please do a dedicated review video on MacOS Server please. the existing videos are years old now and we would like to see that offerings Apple brings with the latest editions, more importantly what is the cheapest vs / latest hardware (Mac mini) to host a home or small tier Server and the applications/use cases. doesn't matter if that becomes 20-30 minutes (get Anthony too if you can, we love that guy) 

Cheers, 

I heard it used to be great, but it wasn't treated well by Apple, only updated once in a long while. Because of that it became irrelevant and kind of useless.

Believe I recently watched a video that said mac os server was basically being discontinued now.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

A video idea that I had was making the cheapest water cooling loop with using the smallest amount of actual Pc water cooling parts. So, no pc water cooling reservoirs, pumps, and rads. You will have to find alternatives for all of the things all read specified - Cpu blocks are allowed because all CPU blocks are obviously PC focused. So, the objective of the video is that to see how long it takes to start thermal throttling and how it compares to a cheap PC focused water loop, also compared to the cheapest aio liquid cooler. 

this? 

Spoiler

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

How about building a watercooled watercooler, some form of heatexchanger type?

Cold liquid cools the CPU/GPU coolant, like some kind of double loop system. I would try it myself if i had the resources tho.. :)

👋 From Bergen, Norway 

You could probably also add more than one heat exchanger and a massive radiator with a super massive blower : fan just to over engineer the idea:)

Edited by The_Hakkebiff
Adding ideas

hello

I have been trying to build a decent gaming pc on a really low budget, and I recently stumbled upon the tesla k10, which can be purchased pretty cheap on ebay. The only problem is that it isn't meant for gaming as it doesn't have any outputs. All of the forums I have seen say there is a way to game with it, but none say how. I personally would be interested in a video that demonstrates how to do this.iu.png?width=400&height=175