Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

heres a great idea! with all the covid-19 scare how about a vid on how to disinfect our computers,keyboards,mice etc.etc.....kinda common sense for me but hey some peeps just need guidance lol....stay safe linus team!

55 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

heres a great idea! with all the covid-19 scare how about a vid on how to disinfect our computers,keyboards,mice etc.etc.....kinda common sense for me but hey some peeps just need guidance lol....stay safe linus team!

not directly related but If Linus has any tips on fixing broken keyboard keys...my cat ripped some off (and hey...people might break some while cleaning if not careful). Laptop rubber dome to be more exact...mechanical ones are kinda hard to break since the keycaps are easily pull-able. The laptop ones have sophisticated mechanisms keeping them in tact and working and they are quite fragile.

I bought what I thought was a 7900 but it was actually a HP Compaq 6000 but it had a 500GB hard drive & windows 10 64bit, & I just bought it to be a media server with plans to expand the memory as much as I have ripped all my dvds with it & cds & that almost filled it so now I plan on getting another drive & a SATA cable because the cable inside has power for another drive but not a sata cable for it. 

Also the front usb stopped working for data transfer but all still charge stuff.

it went black screen many times because of poor airflow but I removed the pci shield covers to open it up & that worked but there’s 2 heat sinks, one that the fan actually blows on but the other one is just fins & they get burn yourself hot. I’m sure it’s fine but still it’s a drawback. 

It was 150$ on Amazon but I’m happy with the purchase because if I had bought the 100$ one & then upgraded it as much it would have cost way more than the extra 50$. I think they just had a bunch of stuff laying around & just slapped it together to liquidate stock. Because Frankly it’s worth more than I payed for it, like I got a whole damn pc for as much as an iPhone. 

I would like to see the crew find the cheapest amazon prebuilt pc whatever it is irrespective of age or specs just a pc that a person can use & then find out the cost to upgrade it as much as possible and then tell us which parts to buy in what order. 

Another idea deal for a video, a retro computer that can boot both windows 10 64 bit & XP 32 bit & is programmed to switch between them when the retro game is inserted into the optical drive. 

Another idea deal for a video side panels replaced with window screens.

another idea deal for a video, make a computer case made out of wood & see if it catches on 🔥 

another video, how much can you upgrade a latitude d510 laptop, including a ssd replacing the cd drive & see if it can handle the over 120gb internal memory in the hard drive bay & the ssd replacement for the cd drive. It has a maximum of 2gb ram but I wanna see if you can upgrade the software or hardware with Linux or something to see the maximum ram it can physically handle if you take out the limitation that is programmed into software. 

Idea for a video, use a multiple usb hub and use usb microsd card readers with the highest capacity microsd cards you can find unless there are legitimate 1T or more flash drives available & use the highest capacity possible & run them in raid as a single drive, whatever the largest number USB port thing there is & see how much storage that can possibly be. 

On 3/20/2019 at 5:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Google RCS and Google Messages review refresh. I've used it as my daily text message app and its great.

Make a video where Linus Media Group registers its own Top Level Domain and starts selling the domains on lttstore.com. 

Now, I know the $185 000 fee for registering new TLD is a lot.. But I'm sure you have sponsors with deep enough pockets for such an endeavour.

As to what the TLD should be.. I'm sure you could make content out of choosing one you register too!

Was watching LMG Clips and only just found out about the Carpool Critics channel.

I think that on one of the major channels, you should do a small video listing all the LMG/LMG employee channels and a small description about what each of them have.

There are so many and I feel most people don't know about most of them.

Dear Linus, I challenge you to make better PC cooling system than Him(in awesome sense wise).

I came across this crazy video on YouTube about a chassis fan made based on the concept of a bellow (the thing with which you blow air into a fireplace). I would like to see guys at LTT do something similar. It seems like a crazy idea but I know you guys are notorious for trying crazy things. 

Literally the same thing as the post above yours? 😮

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

Literally the same thing as the post above yours? 😮

And the one further up on the page. 😆

id love to see this done in your office. i myself cant do it currently because of money restraints. Would be kinda cool for your filming area or maybe even the lounge that you guys have with the tv.

On 3/20/2019 at 9:19 PM, Slottr said:

Been looking at home security recently and stumbled upon the Wyze cam, I'd be interested in seeing something about that

Budget home security or something along those lines

Apparently those things are recording even if you set it to not record 

Please I'm dying for a server room explain.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ That's my post /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Who is that? \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

How about a 'Black 3.0' build? I remember the blackout build from a while ago where you painted everything black and had no RGB but an updated one would be cool. Stuart Semple now had and updated super matte black paint, Link here, and it would be awesome to see a full WC build with that. Maybe have gloss black fittings for accents.

I'd be super interested in seeing what you guys pull off in a Lian Li DK-05 (or the newer DK-05F that's coming). 

best gaming/office chairs for sitting in all day keeping you comfortable & whatnot.

Are gaming chairs all gimic? Are office chairs wrong?

On 3/21/2019 at 7:16 AM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

building a dream pc and installing macOS on it. its been done but linus must suffer.

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

18 hours ago, CWS501st said:

How LTT manages its vast inventory of parts, equipment, and IT assets would be awesome to see. 

this

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

15 minutes ago, mon1ka said:

building a dream pc and installing macOS on it. its been done but linus must suffer.

He's done that recently.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

On 3/29/2020 at 9:02 AM, CWS501st said:

How LTT manages its vast inventory of parts, equipment, and IT assets would be awesome to see. 

5 hours ago, mon1ka said:

this

They did that. 

They have a checkout & management system. 

They have a cabinet for laptops & everything is organised with software. 

Nintendoland!

On the WAN show they were discussing nintendo getting into themeparks. There is one coming and should open soon and it would be great if you guys reviewed it!

I'm visiting Japan next year and would love to know if it was worth it to go there as i am not a big fan of normal theme parks.

Maybe it's more of a channel super fun suggestion =]