Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

I would like to see a vid on the hash rates of the Titan RTX  ,No one has one posted nor are the hash rates anywhere to be found can they even mine? the people need to know ............ And if they can does nvlink increase hash rates using two cards?  with Nicehash bookmarks .

Do a PC build battle. The budget is $100 (shipping cost does not count) and ALL the parts have to be brand new. And it would be great if more than two people participated (you're building more PCs = we're having more fun watching the video???). But please don't forget that Anthony exists?.

Alright, so I just discovered a non x Threadripper sku known as YD1920A9UC9AE.

There are a couple of chips on ebay going for 200 USD, I did a bit of research and apparently motherboard manufacturers do reference this particular part number, it's a 12 core CPU that has a base clock of 3.2ghz, and a boist clock of 3.8ghz.

I don't think that ebay links are allowed, so have a picture. 

s-l400.jpg.fe6c4cc443ed81160d96f5e8b2d07b41.jpg

I have no clue where these CPUs are coming from, but my guess would be OEM systems.  Perhaps getting one to mess around with would make a good video?

Is it possible to stuff a Nintendo Switch and PS4/XBOX and a complete set of PC accessories into a big computer case?

This will be an ultimate video game machine.

Someone in China has tried it already (because his wife won’t let him buy a PS4)

Maybe you can use the physical button in the IKEA game console video last year to switch?

FullSizeRender.jpg.732f686456178f4e5cbc55c6bb60c9b3.jpg

Maybe? Will you make a fairly "LinusTechTips" version?(RGB?

Sorry about my language proficiency,All the above texts are all from translate.google.com

Two Words: COMPENSATOR 3.0

Pillage the Internet!!!

Ryzen 7 1700x

Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite 

Corsair H100i V2

Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb kit(2x8) at 3000Mhz

XFX Radeon RX 560

NZXT Phantom Full Tower

120gb San Disk SSD

640gb WD blue HDD

2TB Segate Barracuda HDD

How bout 'Best laptops under $100 for Game Streaming"? Maybe a different price point would work better, but since stuff like google's Stadia is right on the horizon, I think a something like this is very much needed. 

These companies are selling “mobile stream production platforms” for $10,000! BUT look at the specs ???‍♂️  

Please show folks this thing shouldn’t cost but a fraction of that... might be a good chance to use those new workshop machines making the built in monitor in case

26505D21-23E5-4174-85FE-6DCE6AAB2845.png

Manufacture a hoodrat PC. You got all the machines to machine everything. Machine as many parts as you can. Case, fans, coolers. 

I want to see you machine the smallest case you can to house a decent gaming rig.  Modding all the components too, like the GPU fan shroud and PSU cover, to make them fit.

A weight based build video would be great for me personally since my back is messed up and I'm looking to build a new computer ?

If you are interested and want to use my situation as your use case: 

My back got permanently injured when I was younger which makes lifting things very difficult. About 4 years ago I built a PC using an NZXT Phantom 530 which is a great case but I rarely clean it because the case itself is 10.5kg and I can't move it without assistance.

What I'm looking at building now would be up to 7kg at most but the difficulty is trying to fit in the current high end consumer parts and enough cooling into a small enough case, preferably without custom liquid cooling. 

Budget is around $3000 which excludes: monitors, keyboard, etc.

I don't care too much about LED's and where I live can get up to ~45 Celsius in summer so cooling is a major concern.

Watercool an air cooler by running water through the heat pipes.  This would require a cooler where the heat pipes are not tapered and closed once they reach the CPU block.  Something like this video...

Make a video about the oculus quest and oculus rift s.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

LTT should do a video on the different jobs in the world of tech. Maybe a multiple part series that covers things like working in game/app development, working in IT, hardware/software engineering jobs etc. I know they have maybe touched on some of these during company tours but it's not to the extent I would like to see.

I've been thinking (especially with all the joking comments on YT that say "Linus drop tips") it might be funny to upload a video compilation of all times Linus has dropped something on camera.  Maybe you could even title it "Linus drop tips"?  Just a suggestion.

I would like more videos on this process but it would be hard to get numbers that mean something. So instead I would like them to explain their workflow in comparison to other creators. Actually they touched on run and gun projects in this video so it would be pretty cool if they could collaborate with a team like RocketJump or an actual film crew like The Grand Tour. It would be great to see a series like this to see other companies workflows, setups, minimum performance numbers they like and the gear used to make it all work.

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

11 hours ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

LTT should do a video on the different jobs in the world of tech. Maybe a multiple part series that covers things like working in game/app development, working in IT, hardware/software engineering jobs etc. I know they have maybe touched on some of these during company tours but it's not to the extent I would like to see.

that does sound pretty interesting

all these kids watch this stuff and come to me crying how they also want to be a sofware or game developer when they grow up. 

showing what all the different tech jobs are actually about and how the day to day is will give more insight and might help kids to stop glorifying it so damn much.

but it would have to be at regular companies. no waiting for google to invite them to interview a soft dev. that shit aint real for 99.5% of people in that field. 

also maybe include the usual requirements for any given job and how their are compensated.

like everything you need to know if your thinking about doing that job in the future.

now that does almost sound like more of a tech quickie / afap style series but i think on-premise tours with companies trying to promote themselves to potential new employes would be much more interesting. you know seeing it people in their natural habitat. 

the list of it jobs is long and getting longer. it would be nice to give younger people a little bit of an overview on whats out there and what might fit them best if they absolutly have to go into tech (im usually not recommending that to anyone though cause i think IT isnt great help when your social life is already struggling :D but thats besides the point)

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:37 PM, kieguru said:

I want to see you machine the smallest case you can to house a decent gaming rig.  Modding all the components too, like the GPU fan shroud and PSU cover, to make them fit.

love it but you would need to define decent.

this would also be a great concept for a contest like scrapyard wars. who can build the best mass to performance ratio system. factoring in total volume, weight and of performance with some benchmark or another. i would love to see that. 

i can almost see it.

luke gettin a dan case and arefully selecting what gpu brand to pick because of the weight of some coolers

and then linus trying to just zip tie the gpu to the mobo and making a cardboard shell :D and then somehow still loosing cause he went overboard on somehting or another. man i miss that format i think im gonna rewatch some old seasons later today

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Continue the DIY heatsink series by using the new workshop tools to create a sterling cycle based heatsink. It should be self regulating, spinning faster and faster as the heat builds up. A fan could use the rotation energy to cool the cold side.

Stirling_Animation.gif

On 7/17/2019 at 8:19 PM, SportingKC said:

These companies are selling “mobile stream production platforms” for $10,000! BUT look at the specs ???‍♂️  

Please show folks this thing shouldn’t cost but a fraction of that... might be a good chance to use those new workshop machines making the built in monitor in case

26505D21-23E5-4174-85FE-6DCE6AAB2845.png

WHAT THE FUCK, seriously? This is how pre-built PC's make money, by exploiting dumb customers with cool-looking PCs and garbage specs that they'll just glaze over

I know this might be impossible...

could you Try to make a dual CPU system with an AMD and an Intel CPU

after requathing your chiller videos i want to see the REAL CHILLED PC.

OK here si the thing, our main problem is water in the air and its condensation. Now we could make a real build that is superchilled by default (and not a wonky testbench).

i woudl suggest to replace the air in the PC for that matter.

either use mineral oil (not to cool but to keep the parts safe from condensation) or an airtight tower where you replace the air with gas that wont freeze at subzero.

ofc we cant use pure water,  i woudl suggest a chemical coolent liquid that can go at least 20degree celsius.

goes is to have a real build that operates on minus 20-minus 30 on a minimum, maybe with the option for liquid nitrogen to supercool that sucker down to superconductor limits.

to fit all that maybe use an old silicon graphics chassis? like the onyx 2 ?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiyucnq7cvjAhVMzaQKHTAaBkYQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FSGI_Onyx&psig=AOvVaw0ykkj9O2u9gc0AtTURQY5O&ust=1563999370364820

hey you got now a real cnc , you can make this happen. im shrue theres a candaian chemical comapny willing to supply you :)

thinking of this, you also need to custom make your tubes, i toubt that regular softtubes are to happy with -20 :)

@spoticCK

you asking aguy who payed 150k for a camera to make a video about higher pricing on a production system?

besides alone the capturecards are woirth 1500$. so the hardware alone will make at least half of that price, the rest is the custom part

wheres is engeneered down to a packable packaged, watercooled that can be transported and wont need userinteraction and is absolutly silent under load as it need to be.

is it realtivly high price? yes, but its a custom design with many non shelf parts, for a super limited customer group.

coudl that be achieved with a regular tower, well yes but as its intended for live productions you safe a lot of (payed) working time of your crew.

if you save up an hour for every setup you do, twice a week, youll have 100 working hours per year saved. thats an easy 4k savings in the first year just to not have your crew using a regular pc but a transportable system

Just saw this feature on AWS and the tech they use to transfer large amounts of data. Would love it, if you guys could get one of those snowballs and take a look at it :)