on the scale of 1 to 10 how crazy/foolish this idea is? will it even work?

33 minutes ago, Lobstar said:

You have not said you are water cooling or if you have a leaking AIO, you're just postulating scenarios which just don't happen. 

actually is has happened with me!

secondly read the third line of first text.

No one who watercools is waterproofing their rig for the chance that it may spring a leak.  It's called a risk.  One you still haven't identified if you are actually taking or not so then it's just a speculative exorcise to waste time. 

not speculating lietraly asking how would you (people of this forum) have made a mobo waterproof.

You've seen something people do for a very specific reason, haven't actually understood why they do it, and now are asking a community if you should do the same with absolutely no solid explanation of what you are trying to accomplish moving from dust to watercooling to rain "(too much moisture bcuz of raim)"

yes this is a general observation that no matter psu type whenever there's after it the psu fan will start making noise, so was wondering if moisture had anything to do with it. well i has used 3 psus in my life and all three showed same behavior so i was curious if it's a bad sign of any part not work correctly. (corsair 1600axi , 80+ bronze  mwe cooler master 550 v2, silver stone's one which i don't remember perfectly since it was nearly a decade ago.)

no solid explanation of what you are trying to accomplish moving from dust to watercooling to rain

you are still ignoring the top most text i guess, yawn....
third of line of first text literally says water proofing!

Maybe if you were designing a pool area for a mansion or resort with a gaming computer sitting outside 24/7 we'd have a reason to entertain your moronic shower thought but as it is there are much simpler solutions like case filters that cost much less than voiding the warranty on computer hardware with fucking eraser and lacquer.

i didn't know one voids warranty using eraser.
i could understand this with lacquer but that too is removable.
and u r still underestimating what if the mobo is old past warranty what if someone if i just fount it in case from e-waste recycling place.

point is others saw what you couldn't.

Where the fuck is your PC that it's getting rain in it??

ever smelled soil in the air after rain?
after rain the moisture in air increases doesn't it?
(others figured that too)

You're mistaking people providing ideas for agreeing with you. 

i never said anyone is agreeing with me (does it matter to me? nah)
but did they help me? yes! and that's what i always said u can recheck.

Every single post here is telling you how bad your idea is and yet here you are linking quotes like people are in agreeance.

no only 50% said that. plus later they gave me info how it could be done.

I'd encourage you to actually watch some of the videos related to this board's youtube channel where they actually watercool things

already done! they suggested a lot of things.😏

They aren't doing any of the bullshit you are suggesting

i doubt that.

because IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE

like i said whole point from the beginning was water proofing....

No matter the reason outside of the LN2 side which you clearly are not doing in the rain.  

yeah u seriously didn't read i guess.
i have already pointed out i am not doing LN2 in the top most post.
and after rain i have already put in brackets "too much of moisture", granted there's a spell mistake i wrote raim instead of rain.

you didn't understood my post but others did it's as simple as that,yawn.........

7 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Nail polish to seal up solder joints. Not for cleaning. How did you mix that up?

Yes, seal for overclocking... with TEC, Dice or LN2.

Foam padding as an insulator. I don't have pics on my phone to demonstrate....

finally straight forward answer!

8 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The board is pretty easy to clean without a coating. Nail polish is often used, clear of course.

1) i thought both, sentences, were connected since there were two paragraphs, (twice "enter"), after this line.
2) plus of course bcuz i lack experience!
3) i have this bad habit to take confirmation from the person who is providing data. i like detailed things/explanation.
(bcuz i think ones word is vimp thing it represents there trust/confidence about what they are talking🙂.)

mad respect for people like you who bother to reply to such questions. thank you for the information. just goes to show they know what they are doing.
same goes for others (@Jurrunio, @8tg, @Mister Woof, @HanZie82 ) too, thanks you guys for replying to my selfish/self ambitious questions, you guys rock!

(moderator sir i apologize in advance)

19 minutes ago, Orian Pax said:

finally straight forward answer!

1) i thought both, sentences, were connected since there were two paragraphs, (twice "enter"), after this line.
2) plus of course bcuz i lack experience!
3) i have this bad habit to take confirmation from the person who is providing data. i like detailed things/explanation.
(bcuz i think ones word is vimp thing it represents there trust/confidence about what they are talking🙂.)

mad respect for people like you who bother to reply to such questions. thank you for the information. just goes to show they know what they are doing.
same goes for others (@Jurrunio, @8tg, @Mister Woof, @HanZie82 ) too, thanks you guys for replying to my selfish/self ambitious questions, you guys rock!

(moderator sir i apologize in advance)

Of the 4 others you tagged, I'm not sure if they have below zero experience, but have probably seen and read quite a bit about it.

And you're welcome. 

25 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Of the 4 others you tagged, I'm not sure if they have below zero experience, but have probably seen and read quite a bit about it.

indeed.

39 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

And you're welcome. 

I've got no experience with it at all, unless you can count freezing my butt off in winter in the midwest.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

17 minutes ago, Orian Pax said:

in case you wanna talk more
https://www.cybenetics.com/

what do
you think about this website?
got any experience with it?
i think this is a nice project! (i am presuming it's legit thing)

No idea. This is the wrong section for PSU talk....

47 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

No idea. This is the wrong section for PSU talk....

ah right, i deleted the link,

erase the link from the quote plz.

37 minutes ago, Orian Pax said:

ah right, i deleted the link,

erase the link from the quote plz.

I'll do it for 50 bucks. 🙂

3 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

And you're welcome. 

Even tho jsut an assumption in my case more truth then not. My experience is loong ago. So doesnt really count since so much has changed.

But as an RC and DIY enthousiast, is still use lacquers and coatings etc. So its not all gone.

And yes thank you for sharing your wisdom. 🙂

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 hour ago, HanZie82 said:

Even tho jsut an assumption in my case more truth then not. My experience is loong ago. So doesnt really count since so much has changed.

But as an RC and DIY enthousiast, is still use lacquers and coatings etc. So its not all gone.

And yes thank you for sharing your wisdom. 🙂

All good! So I'm at a PC, will show a couple pictures for amusement purposes. 🙂 

DSC02201_zpsxji45vop.thumb.jpg.30899c427d97239c3e4bca239e429f66.jpg

20160521_2115121_zpshwbcxsb2.jpg.2ba98e4e652b84f1081c4fe23d2118ed.jpg

20160521_2125131_zpsk1gjuwvm.jpg.f5e40e1cfe1b93c758047ea73105ec39.jpg

20160521_2141371_zpsdnqkqfx8.jpg.bfb470a9366f8a868d18d1f843e6a6b5.jpg

9 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

DSC02201_zpsxji45vop.thumb.jpg.30899c427d97239c3e4bca239e429f66.jpg

20160521_2115121_zpshwbcxsb2.jpg.2ba98e4e652b84f1081c4fe23d2118ed.jpg

20160521_2125131_zpsk1gjuwvm.jpg.f5e40e1cfe1b93c758047ea73105ec39.jpg

Those vrm heat sinks did you change them from the original which came with the motherboard?

(i have connecting question to it, if yes then which one performance better original or these replaced ones?)

hmmmm things which i found - i guess i need to look into overclocking and similar subreddits, great timing of these posts!
1)

2)

3)

( how did this guy connected those sinks, what is that liquid around those copper sinks?
2nsxd7t7pnq61.jpg?width=946&format=pjpg&)

Those are original heat sinks in the board. I did not change them. Temps where fine one the bench, that one was never in a case.

The heat sinks on the back of the video card look like they are held on by LET.

NIce stuff Shrimpy!

Only thing I do to insulate nowadays is a film of dielectric where I want it, front and back of the board and make sure the pot itself is insulated well/wrapped up.
The Inferno plate takes care of the board itself to the point I only have to worry about what icing melts/drops off the pot, no ice accumilation of it on the board because of the plate.

Dielectric packed into slots that may be too close to the pot for avoiding any icing getting into it.

That's about it.

Setup.thumb.jpeg.fdcac62f52980bc3b6e874044aa820d9.jpeg

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

26 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Dielectric packed into slots that may be too close to the pot for avoiding any icing getting into it.

i literally just watched a guy yesterday using ram in slots where he put dielectric!

i was wondering if it will affect ram's performance? what do you think people?

No it won't.
Dielectric is used for connections that are subject to alot of water/moisture in that it keeps it from causing a problem while maintaining the connective integrity of the connection itself.

In my case the slot closest to the pot is simply packed with it and I have a thin film of it in the other slots I do use.
If any water gets in, no harm done because everything electrical is coated/insulated against it.

However you DO NOT want it in the CPU socket regardless of socket type, it can cause problems there.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

30 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

No it won't.
Dielectric is used for connections that are subject to alot of water/moisture in that it keeps it from causing a problem while maintaining the connective integrity of the connection itself.

YES!!! this is what i wanted to hear!

30 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

However you DO NOT want it in the CPU socket regardless of socket type, it can cause problems there.

yes it sure does. the same guy did try it with cpu later. and results cough cough.... no so good.

Just be sure it's actual dielectric grease you'll be using.
Others have done vaso and while it does work, it's not made to do the same thing dielectric does and eventually it will cause problems - Not to mention how messy it can be too. 

In your case (Daily use) a thin film of it on the sticks is fine, no need to actually pack the slots with it. I'd only pack them in a useage case like mine where you KNOW water will be present at some point.
Even in that case I don't try to just stuff it full, just enough is used that I know the contact points are coated and that's it.

8 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Just be sure it's actual dielectric grease

which one do u prefer? (any brand u wanna recommend?)

8 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

a thin film of it on the sticks is fine

i see.

9 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

just enough is used that I know the contact points are coated and that's it.

you mean the ram's contact points and not the ram slot's contact points here right?

(i mean which is better in you accordance,
1) layer on ram's contact points only
or
2) putting just enough/optimal amount of dielectric in ram slot?

or

3) or doing both?)

Both and you can kinda stuff it in the slot, drop the RAM in fully and then remove it to clean off the excess from the stick(s) and slot(s) then reinsert the stick(s).
Done.

Just now, Beerzerker said:

Both and you can kinda stuff it in the slot, drop the RAM in fully and then remove it to clean off the excess from the stick(s) and slot(s) then reinsert the stick(s).
Done.

that's a good confirmation! thanks

On 4/5/2021 at 7:17 AM, Orian Pax said:

so one should not insulate it with plasti coating or clear coating?
(not completely ofcourse just most of parts)

has anyone tried it?

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)