on the scale of 1 to 10 how crazy/foolish this idea is? will it even work?

9 hours ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

Yes I saw it before starting this topic

but the problem was I couldn't find plasti dip or even remotely same in offline market where I live.

while in online yes the prices are not sane

+ lots bad reviews + like Linus said some might be conductive (and I didn't bother to check each and every can of it on Amazon.

(That's why my topic started with kneading rubber/eraser. Ofcourse I need more info regarding covering mobo with sprays but I left it for another day. We got plenty time before my new pc build. So tackling one problem/query at a time, no haste! And it's lockdown here so can't do much moving either.)

as always thanks for replying and suggestion!!

10 hours ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

Just in case u r interested in this checkout this video too. 

Plus buildzoid also has a video on it (but it's for LN2)

Check any 1 year old to latest comment bcuz they are also informative! And yes system still works!

10 hours ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

20 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Those are original heat sinks in the board. I did not change them. Temps where fine one the bench, that one was never in a case.

The heat sinks on the back of the video card look like they are held on by LET.

11 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Both and you can kinda stuff it in the slot, drop the RAM in fully and then remove it to clean off the excess from the stick(s) and slot(s) then reinsert the stick(s).
Done.

Ah now I remember why/when it all started to begin with!

After watching this video the idea came to me in 2016 (just when the computer was new and shiny).

On 4/4/2021 at 11:46 PM, Hakemon said:

Bruh, I have heart failure and have been in and out of a hospital many times.  (And have technically died, but was on the table and was revived after a little bit of time, this repeated 2 more times)
I can answer this:  I'd rather die happy doing something I love than live in fear.

On 4/4/2021 at 10:02 PM, 8tg said:

People don’t do this because literally why, not so much that it’s hard. If you want to effectively waterproof your board, get some slot and port fillers and then clear coat the entire thing a few times.

You could cover the entire board in eraser too if you wanted. The only things that need their cooling detrimentally are power delivery and chipset components. 
All those little capacitors around the audio or the pcie power delivery don’t really need much cooling, they’re fine on their own. Don’t cover up mosfets or chokes or the capacitors on the cpu power delivery end because that will just result in disaster.

On 4/4/2021 at 10:06 PM, Jurrunio said:

That's being paranoid. Technically you could die from heart failure at any time, would you go live in a hospital then?

Ah now I remember why/when it all started to begin with!

After watching this video the idea came to me in 2016 (just when the computer was new and shiny).