How did you get a graphics card?

Letgomyleghoe.

For those individuals who managed to get a rtx 3000/ rx 6000 gpu I have a question. How did you get one? Did you get one on launch day? Or was it from the new egg shuffle? Or maybe you just got lucky and it was in stock when you checked amazon? I'm just curious as so far nothing has worked for me and plus the site where I read my books is down so I have nothing to do at the moment. 

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

I was following some websites where people typically talk about where/when they're instock, and I basically sat in front of my computer for 3 weeks hitting F5 on various sites until I finally snagged one from Best Buy. It was painful.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D || GPU: Gigabyte Windforce RTX 4090 || Memory: 32GB Corsair 3200mhz DDR4 || Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk || SSD1: 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 (OS drive) || SSD2: 500 GB Samsung 860 EVO SATA (Cache Drive via PrimoCache) || Spinning Disks: 3 x 4TB Western Digital Blue HDD (RAID 0) || Monitor: LG CX 55" OLED TV || Sound: Schiit Stack (Modi 2/Magni 3) - Sennheiser HD 598, HiFiMan HE 400i || Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL || Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed || PSU: EVGA 1300-watt G+ PSU || Case: Fractal Design Pop XL Air

There's a site that checks multiple sources for video cards and informs you when they're in stock. You'd have to hunt for it though, I've long since closed it as I'm not in the market for one. Other than that, check local stores to see if you can have your name put on a list. That's how one of my friends got his 2 weeks after the supposed "fake launch."

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

12 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe. said:

For those individuals who managed to get a rtx 3000/ rx 6000 gpu I have a question. How did you get one? Did you get one on launch day? Or was it from the new egg shuffle? Or maybe you just got lucky and it was in stock when you checked amazon? I'm just curious as so far nothing has worked for me and plus the site where I read my books is down so I have nothing to do at the moment. 

Bought mine from a physical store. I paid $650 for an Rtx 3070 (Zotac twin edge OC). I did this as soon as I heard that the prices would rise due to the shipping thing in USA. Turns out, $650 was a great price as they're selling the 3060 for $1000. I personally know the store owner and says that the price of a 3060 (from his supplier) is about 800-900 depending on..... (I forgot)

Had backordered a few and one arrived after about 6 weeks.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Here in Germany all GPUs are in stock for weeks now.

Just the prices still suck.

It was the same with AMD's CPUs. When most of the US and Canada were still fighting with stock shortages, they were already available here.

Got one after trying for 30 min and failing at launch, and another 5 minutes few hours later, probably after the shop removed bot made orders. I simply had the stock notification site open refreshing automatically every minute or so.

I got really lucky while picking up a order at Canada Computers. They had 2 Gigabyte RTX 3070 Aorus Master, a 6800 and a 6900 sitting on the shelf.  I bought the 3070 even though it was $1049. Another guy bought the other 3070 while I was there. The day before I bought the video card I had already order a prebuild desktop from Dell with a RTX 3070. If I had know I was going to get the card I would not have ordered the prebuilt that I am still waiting for.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

I brought a Rx 6800xt from microcenter for a whopping $1100(US dollars) including taxes and that is a RETURN product mind you. These overpriced AMD cards are the only ones you can find in stock becasue they are riddiculously overpriced. I return it because the driver is completely garbage on Linux. I hope this crazy shortage gets resolve soon. I am still using my almost 6 years old r9 380 graphics card. The games i play still run abeit at minimum settings. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Looked online around mid december, was trying to decide which one to get for about 2 hours,  got the gigabyte,  which was probably a mistake,  for 700, 2 or 3 days later it arrived. 

And yes I definitely knew now or never , writing was on the wall. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 4/1/2021 at 12:39 PM, dizmo said:

There's a site that checks multiple sources for video cards and informs you when they're in stock. You'd have to hunt for it though, I've long since closed it as I'm not in the market for one. Other than that, check local stores to see if you can have your name put on a list. That's how one of my friends got his 2 weeks after the supposed "fake launch."

Sadly the only computer stores in my city are computer repair stores and a best buy which according to its employees hasn't had a gpu since launch.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Best Buy.  I watched the patterns of when things were coming in stock across various places and had patience and checked at certain times the stores that matched the pattern.  This was before Christmas so I think the patters are probably more erratic now.

I got a 3090RTX at retail price.