Still hope for Oculus - "THEY BELIEVE IN OUR VISION OF VIRTUAL REALITY."

FileCorrupted

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/25/5547884/interview-oculus-founder-says-facebook-deal-will-make-virtual-reality/in/3631187

According to this article there is till hope for VR, it seems like Mark was legitimately interested in VR as something more than money

Basically, Mark said, "Is there any way we can help, is there anything we can do? Any kind of partnership, anything we could invest in or promote? How can we be a part of this and help make virtual reality even bigger and even better?" After meeting and talking and hanging out a lot, we started to get to know each other, we started to trust each other, we started to tell Mark and his team more about the future and how we saw this impacting the world, and how big an impact it could be, and how we were really focused on hiring the very best people in the world... and ultimately how we wanted to get out the hardware to as many people as we could, as fast as we could, at the most affordable price.

And more good news

Oculus is all about the gaming community right now, we're super focused on that. But with this acquisition and with this partnership, we can now get the virtual reality platform out to more people faster, better, and at a lower cost.

Yes this is all a press release but I don't think its all blatant lies, there is still hope!

BS. It's all about the money.

47263-counting-money-gif-p1u4.gif

They keep coming but they never leave, and yet it has never overloaded despite me staring at for minutes on end :huh:

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/25/5547884/interview-oculus-founder-says-facebook-deal-will-make-virtual-reality/in/3631187

According to this article there is till hope for VR, it seems like Mark was legitimately interested in VR as something more than money

And more good news

Yes this is all a press release but I don't think its all blatant lies, there is still hope!

Please don't use dark text. Us night theme users can't read it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

And no....

"Oculus has the potential to be the most social platform ever"

"Continue to focus on our extremely important work of building out our advertising platform"

"40% of time is in gaming, 40% in social communication (50% of that is with Facebook).... need to fuse those two things together"

"We are doing this as a software and services thing...buying things, virtual goods, ...advertising down the line"

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

we started to trust each other

Money>Trust when it comes to Facebook. I can't see the trust part lasting very long.

I amjust using the normal text, also highlight it

OK.

I never really thought of that xD

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I'll still likely buy the DK2 for games but castAR is more appealing to me.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

BS. It's all about the money.

47263-counting-money-gif-p1u4.gif

Of course it is. Oculus needs a ton of money to do what they want. Since the Kickstarter campaign they have brought in a grand total of...100k and all from venture capitalists. So $2 billion in cash and stocks and the support of a company with nearly bottomless pockets vs relying on fickle VCs who could make terrible demands or walk away and sink them. Can't really blame them for taking the 2 billion.

There is a reason why I don't have a facebook account. I wouldn't trust them with the simple task of making toast.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

They are two completely different things so yah... lol

castAR has a lens that makes it VR.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Of course it is. Oculus needs a ton of money to do what they want. Since the Kickstarter campaign they have brought in a grand total of...100k and all from venture capitalists. So $2 billion in cash and stocks and the support of a company with nearly bottomless pockets vs relying on fickle VCs who could make terrible demands or walk away and sink them. Can't really blame them for taking the 2 billion.

Last time I checked, they already have pre-orders for DK2 up to $11,000,000.....

I must admit that it took me by surprise that Facebook bought up Oculus. I got instagram and whatsapp; that made sense. This however makes little sense.

But the extreme reaction to this is a bit lame honestly. People shouting it's all about the money. Well ofc. it is. It was all about the money when venture capitals invested $75m in Oculus no more than 3 months ago, by Andreessen Horowitz. NOONE with big money invests in anything they don't believe can generate a profit long term. Facebook is no different.

If this means Oculus can get the investments they need, and the programming knowledge and resources to make this happen, then go ahead. It seems to me the hardware is mostly there, the human body is now the problem: Perscription glasses compatability and the elimination of simulation sickness, seems to be the biggest problems atm.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Facebook? Making something cheaper than intended? HAH! I'm sorry, but I don't believe this in the slightest. 

COMIC SANS

100 million

100 million

Yes, that. No clue why I typed 100k. My point still stands.

Facebook? Making something cheaper than intended? HAH! I'm sorry, but I don't believe this in the slightest. 

Actually it is entirely possible. Doing the initial work on fabricating their own hardware for the retail version will be very expensive, but they can have companies in Taiwan or China make them in large enough volume for mass production that it will keep costs down. Also, that way they won't be relying on whatever cell phone parts they can get their hands on paying inflated rates for the harder to find parts. Theoretically this should additionally solve the part issue that caused sales of DK1 to stop. Of course that is all reliant on their plans actually working like they plan.

First u buy Whats app, and Now oculus, what else do u wanna ruin facebook. you wanna buy subway too!?!?

Maximum damage control.

Zuckerberg himself has said that people who trust him him are "stupid fucks". I wouldn't trust Facebook if my life depended on it.