Still hope for Oculus - "THEY BELIEVE IN OUR VISION OF VIRTUAL REALITY."

FileCorrupted

Maximum damage control.

Zuckerberg himself has said that people who trust him him are "stupid fucks". I wouldn't trust Facebook if my life depended on it.

but if it wasn't for facebook, All the Iphone owners wouldn't have anywhere to post photos of their dinner. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Please don't use dark text. Us night theme users can't read it.

the standard colour is the best, everybody can read that, it appears to be black to day users and white to night users

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Maybe, but I don't completely believe slimy ol' Facebook.

They trust the guy the screwed over his best friend. Sounds wise.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

if zuckerburg doesnt touch it and just wants to let it do its thing then im cool with it

You dont spend 2 billion dollars to just let something do its thing.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

If facebook is written all over the exterior and in the coding I wont buy it until someone has hacked it and removed all facebook bloatware from it. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Oculus can believe anything it wants, and it doesn't matter because they don't have control of their own destiny.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

You dont spend 2 billion dollars to just let something do its thing.

uhhhh actually people do do that. if he buys it he has access to alll the tech and gains profits from the company.

what im saying is as long as he doesnt change what Oculus does then im ok with it

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the Occulus acquisition is a good thing. Not sure what you guys are getting worked up about. 

You're taking an already fantastic and innovative company and giving it an enormous influx of new money and resources. This is going to speed up the development of the technology, and likely get a lot of non-techies on to the idea of VR. 

This is good for everyone who wants to develop VR, and everyone who wants to buy it. 

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

Get a lot of non-techies on to the idea of VR....

There is one major problem with that.  Very few people (even on computer forums like this) have the hardware needed to push future games with VR.  An average person might be willing to drop a few hundred on the headset, but I doubt they will be willing to drop the $1500+ to experience it in a way it's meant to be experienced.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

If Mark is just interested in making sure the rift is just funded and becomes real then I am fine. That would be a perfect world where the only thing they did was give them dev money, but I fear many important details are hidden.

Get a lot of non-techies on to the idea of VR....

There is one major problem with that.  Very few people (even on computer forums like this) have the hardware needed to push future games with VR.  An average person might be willing to drop a few hundred on the headset, but I doubt they will be willing to drop the $1500+ to experience it in a way it's meant to be experienced.

Gaming isn't their end goal, VR has potential far outside of gaming. Gaming is simply the first step, but VR devices are a new way of interfacing with technology. They could be huge for virtual socializing (something Facebook is very big on).