Black Ice--Completed

TheNinjaNextDor

Update:

So close! Two more runs, too bad they're short. With this tubing it's a pain in the ass lol

I have the one on the bottom and top of the res. I will almost definitely have the rest done later and leak test overnight.

Pics finally:

O6xae2I.jpg

iidnLAI.jpg

IM2j8XM.jpg

I love it!

looks awesome!

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

Update:

I got one of the two small tubing runs. The other one is a huge pain in the ass and I might use another tubing size or redo the GPU to pump run and make it easier. I hope to get it done today :D

Pics:

IixWAES.jpg

NAbI3Gb.jpg

@helping since you helped me lol

Yay you got rid of the ugly bad straight tubing job xD (I listened to your post telling me to look at your thread, again xD)

Yay you got rid of the ugly bad straight tubing job xD (I listened to your post telling me to look at your thread, again xD)

lol

It looks really nice now. I just have to do one more...

Also, you should go with slightly smaller tubing than this. Not too small. This is a pain to do bends, but the small small stuff kinks and is hard to use.

Update:

Leak testing! The pump is making kind of a lot of noise, but I'm going to run it for a long long time more. The noise is slowly going away. I'm going to be cleaning it up a little so what you see here is not exactly final, but really close.

I'll be back later today or tomorrow morning with the final pictures, depending on if I want to leak test overnight. Once I get it going I'll post things like temps and Kill-a-Watt meter results. :D

BuzetlZ.jpg

Update:

Leak testing! The pump is making kind of a lot of noise, but I'm going to run it for a long long time more. The noise is slowly going away. I'm going to be cleaning it up a little so what you see here is not exactly final, but really close.

I'll be back later today or tomorrow morning with the final pictures, depending on if I want to leak test overnight. Once I get it going I'll post things like temps and Kill-a-Watt meter results. :D

that photo makes the 750d look small...

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Update:

Yay! It's done! I still might do some things like use the acrylic I bought to over the holes in the bottom of the case, but for now it's done. Later today I'm going to see what the acrylic looks like when I paint it and decide if it's worth it, which it probably will be. 

I leak tested all night and no water at all came out, there are still a lot of bubbles though. Later I'm going to do the Kill-a-Watt tests.

I'm really happy with the way it turned out. The only thing I would change is the run from the pump to the GPU, but I just couldn't get it on any other way without making it take forever. This whole thing turned out to take around two weeks from the first acrylic thing to this. It was very worth it to get here. I think I'll submit it to the builds of the week thread to see what happens.

The hardware upgrades that are planned for this are only for the GPU to the 880, since everything else isn't anywhere near old enough for me to replace. Resale value is horrible on CPUs and motherboards, especially since mine is running at a pretty high voltage. One of the only ways I can replace something is to sell it to get the new thing, unless it's really old. The oldest things in there are about a year old. The CPU, motherboard, PSU, and HDD. Since DDR4 will likely be really expensive and suck for a while, this is what I will have, which isn't a bad thing lol

Pictures! Tell me if you want some pics from other angles or whatever. All the pictures on this page were taken with my Nikon D3200 with an 18-55mm lens. Tell me what you think of my pictures and the build!

z42wlF6.jpg

AA9EpUY.jpg

Yejk5zr.jpg

3ov3ger.jpg

sE2sofT.jpg

DXoAREL.jpg

The back:

QEU65pf.jpg

This is still with my other PSU powering the pump so it's not quite as clean as it would be. It's kinda bad either way lol

scwE8Mv.jpg

Nice!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Damn, if you're really 13 then you're a rich ass mudafukha, also PM'ing you now regarding my half-retarded questions, also epic build! :)

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.

Update:

I just bought a Define R4 black pearl with a window on Newegg. I'll have it this week depending if Newegg can actually ship the thing in a timely manner. I'll be moving everything in there and making a new build log for it since it's a big change. I will link the new log here and in a status update.

If you want an R4 it's kinda of on sale and you can get the one I got with a window and everything for $90 with the promo code that's on the page.

See you there!

Update:

I just bought a Define R4 black pearl with a window on Newegg. I'll have it this week depending if Newegg can actually ship the thing in a timely manner. I'll be moving everything in there and making a new build log for it since it's a big change. I will link the new log here and in a status update.

If you want an R4 it's kinda of on sale and you can get the one I got with a window and everything for $90 with the promo code that's on the page.

See you there!

Watercooling in thr r4 isn't great tho. 

I'm going to take out the 5.25' bays and stuff.

I'll stick to the H440. It has 3 flaws but for the rest it's my dream case. 

I'll stick to the H440. It has 3 flaws but for the rest it's my dream case. 

I'll work around them lol

I just really like the case. My second choice was an H440, but I like this better because of the colors and all that.

Look here, this is what I want to do, except with the reservoir in a different spot: http://youtu.be/w5HSirKRHmU?t=3m15s If it doesn't work I'm returning it and getting an H440 in white.

Just thought i'd add that i really approve of the name of this build. Since im an AC/DC fan

2C1B5259B_zps5c01b569.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"