Black Ice--Completed

TheNinjaNextDor

Too bad it started leaking, would have been nice if it just worked. Although you get a lot of experience with custom loops which you can see as a good thing.

Yeah, I never had a problem with regular tubing. It was my fault it started leaking too, I heated it too much and stretched it really thin on a 180° angle where water rushed through. It sucks, but yeah, you do learn a lot.

Yeah, I never had a problem with regular tubing. It was my fault it started leaking too, I heated it too much and stretched it really thin on a 180° angle where water rushed through. It sucks, but yeah, you do learn a lot.

At least you know now that is something you shouldn't do :P You can't really learn if you never fail at such things.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

That's a pretty nice idea for mounting the Res.

Thanks. I needed to lift it up a lot so 1/2 in wood fit perfectly.

I'll be updating with pictures of it on, OC results, temps, and killa-a-watt meter readings.

Try to sleeve the Fan headers if you really want to, so they'll not look out of place in such a beautiful build :)

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Try to sleeve the Fan headers if you really want to, so they'll not look out of place in such a beautiful build :)

Thanks!

I was going to get them sleeved black by Frozen CPU, but apparently they didn't get the order...

That's on my list as well as the pump.

Update:

Really bad news, while I was running Prime95 and Unigine Valley, one of the tubes that has been in my loop since the beginning leaked. It's above my graphics card and CPU so I can't risk Duct Taping it like the other one that leaked. This repair on my acrylic was only good for two days, and I put in at least eight hours of work over ten days.

I have decided that there are just too many problems with acrylic and it's too time consuming to use, so I am switching it all (maybe leaving one) to black 1/2 3/4 tubing instead of fixing it with more acrylic. The tubing and fittings will arrive on Tuesday at the latest and the camera Wednesday or Thursday. I bought all matte black Bitspower angled fittings and Primochill Advanced LRT black tubing so it will look much better than now. I will do the kill-a-watt tests (I was actually in the middle of when it leaked) then. This repair shouldn't take too long; I will be draining the loop in preparation tomorrow.

Here's what I bought in case you want to know:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12011/ex-tub-755/Bitspower_G14_Thread_12_ID_x_34_OD_90-Degree_Triple_Rotary_Compression_Fitting_-_Matte_Black_BP-MB90R3CPF-CC5.html?id=oi3DYqtT&mv_pc=8438#blank

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17892/ex-tub-1626/PrimoChill_PrimoFlex_Advanced_LRT_Tubing_12ID_x_34_OD_-_10ft_Retail_Pack_-_Onyx_Black_PFLEXA10-34-BK_w_Free_Sys_Prep.html?id=oi3DYqtT&mv_pc=8143

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12090/ex-tub-742/Bitspower_G14_Thread_12_ID_x_34_OD_45-Degree_Dual_Rotary_Compression_Fitting_-_Matte_Black_BP-MB45R2CPF-CC5.html?id=oi3DYqtT&mv_pc=8142

I did discover that I idle at 150w.

See you then!

:)

I am interested in see how you redo your case with mine coming in soon

Case:Corsair Vengence C70 CPU: I7-920 @ 3.62 GHz Ram: Mushkin Radioactive 12GB Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X58 SSD: Samsung 830 128gb Storage: 3TB Seagate PSU: Corsair TX650 GPU: EVGA GTX 760 2gb Waterloop: 2x XSPC EX240/XSPC Raystorm/Alphacool NexXxos 760 block/XSPC Photon 170 Res D5 Vario pump/4 Swiftech Helix Fans

What res are you thinking of? 

Case:Corsair Vengence C70 CPU: I7-920 @ 3.62 GHz Ram: Mushkin Radioactive 12GB Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X58 SSD: Samsung 830 128gb Storage: 3TB Seagate PSU: Corsair TX650 GPU: EVGA GTX 760 2gb Waterloop: 2x XSPC EX240/XSPC Raystorm/Alphacool NexXxos 760 block/XSPC Photon 170 Res D5 Vario pump/4 Swiftech Helix Fans

I dont like the way that the solid tubing is off-angle in the fittings.Yells out leak hazard imo. Besides that, cool build with the subtle colors :)

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

What res are you thinking of?

I was thinking a bitspower 150 or photon 170 and maybe using acrylic as a psu plate.

I dont like the way that the solid tubing is off-angle in the fittings.Yells out leak hazard imo. Besides that, cool build with the subtle colors :)

Yep, same. That's just one more reason I went all out with angled Bitspower fittings instead of doing more acrylic. I don't really like how it turned out especially when my redoing it will look 100x better and be simpler to drain and change out parts etc. Thanks.

Mini Update:

I lied. I did a little test spray to see what it would look like when I paint it. It doesn't look that good because I did it in ten seconds, but it's promising.

post-43539-13962383889287_thumb.jpg

Ok I go away now.

Update:

I got my camera and mounted the res. I take much better pictures with it (D3200). I will post them in a few minutes and a little more because they are around 20mbs apiece lol

Update:

I got my camera and mounted the res. I take much better pictures with it (D3200). I will post them in a few minutes and a little more because they are around 20mbs apiece lol

Are you still using acrylic or did you go with soft tubing?  

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Update:

Everything got here and I'm working :D I decided to use my new camera when it's done because it would take a longer time and don't feel like it lol

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1396483666950.jpg

@Cacao  ;)

Looks nice man! I look forward to seeing more pics.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A