Black Ice--Completed

TheNinjaNextDor

GO TO LAST PAGE FOR THE ACTUAL BUILD AND UPDATE!

Hi! I have been wanting to post this for a while and my camera came today so yay!

The reason I am doing this is because my loop leaked and I had to replace some tubing along with the reservoir. I got some new fans (Scythe GT) too. The good thing is that I got a camera and will be posting very nice pictures and show it to it's fullest extent. The only problem being that I just got it and am not that good :/

What I will be doing:

Replacing fans (done)

Replacing the reservoir

Redoing tubing runs

Making a PSU plate that the reservoir will sit on

Dusting

Specs:

GPU: Refernce GTX 780 from EVGA

CPU: i7 3770K at 4.6GHz

Motherboard: GA-Z77-UD4H

PSU: AX850

Fans: Scythe Gentle Typhoon

Storage: Samsung 840 250GB and 120GB+Seagate Barracuda 2TB

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw X 16GB

Watercooling:

Radiators: XT45 360 and XTX 240

Reservoir: XSPC Photon 270

Pump: EK D5 Vario

CPU Block: EK Supremacy Acetal+Nickel

GPU Block: Swiftech Komodo

Tubing: Black Primochill Rigid acrylic

Fittings: Primochill Rigid acrylic fittings in black

Specialty Stuffs:

IceModz sleeved cables

PSU Plate

Pictures!

hESXHkg.jpg

The wood for my PSU plate, I need to go get it cut down a little bit more:

Ud1Wn30.jpg

The entire PC so far:

h6LNie2.jpg

coolieos

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

also @TheNinjaNextDor your list says reference evga 780 and thats a hydro copper 780 mmmm

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

also @theninjanextdoor your list says reference evga 780 and thats a hydro copper 780 mmmm

Its reference with a Komodo waterblock which is basically the same thing as the Hydro Copper blocks.

there is no images...

Cpu: FX8350 MoboGigabyte GA.990FXA-UD3  GPU: EVGA GTX770 2GB  RAM: 8GB Crucial ballistix tactical tracer  STORAGE: Crucial M500 240GB /seagate barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair RM750  CASE: Xigmatek Talon  COOLING: Corsair H100i KEYBOARD: Quickfire TK KEYPAD: Razer Nostromo MOUSE: Razer Naga 2012  HEADSET: Tritton pro+

I'm getting the wood cut down now :D

Ill have it installed later with pics.

I really like those cables 

Nice work! Those hard lines look great

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Update:

My camera is freezing and not writing to any of my SD cards. I'm going to have to call Canon, but for now I can try it or use my phone. :(

I did get the PSU plate down though :D

Here it is:

post-43539-13958075614387_thumb.jpg

I'll be cleaning it up and securing it down later.

Very nice, black and blue is certainly a sweet mix  :)

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I wish I had the time/money/knowledge to do a full custom loops :(

Maybe that's something I'll do in the future :)

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Are you able to put those hinges internally and slide the plate in or is that not an option? Might help it look a bit sleeker if you can.

Well done otherwise!

Thanks.

I think I might spray them black, I'm not sure though.

Gentle typhoon master race

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

synu6e5u.jpgUpdate:

I bought a D3200 on eBay and returned the broken 550D, I'll have it next week to post some nice pictures and maybe even submit it to the WAN show thingy.

Now computer stuff, I got the loop done! I also checked under the GPU backplate and it looks dry :)

Leak testing tomorrow since it's late.

post-43539-13959034532511_thumb.jpgpost-43539-13959034753467_thumb.jpg

I'm going to do a little more cleaning up, but it looks pretty nice. I don't love that slant in the tube, but I only had four acrylic rods and I used all of it. Like I said, leak testing tomorrow and better pictures early next week.

Knowledge isn't too much of an issue, it's the money and time ;)

I'll have to do a lot of research on forums/ google before I could do my own custom loop. How much would you say the average price is for a custom loop?

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

I'll have to do a lot of research on forums/ google before I could do my own custom loop. How much would you say the average price is for a custom loop?

lol that's the easy part ;)

I would say for a very high end CPU+GPU loop is $650 to $700 and of course it can get to be way more or less than that. I spent $700 plus the case so $850 total. That also includes things like thermal paste etc. CPU only can be done for $200, but $300-400 I would think is the average, that would leave room to add a GPU in the future. Once you get the foundation it's pretty easy to add things. GPU only could be done for about the same as the CPU only loop, with room to add one in.

For time, my first time doing a loop it took five hours to get everything including the PC into the case and working. This repair has taken 10 days lol (4 of which I wasn't working so more like 6).

lol that's the easy part ;) I would say for a very high end CPU+GPU loop is $650 to $700 and of course it can get to be way more or less than that. I spent $700 plus the case so $850 total. That also includes things like thermal paste etc. CPU only can be done for $200, but $300-400 I would think is the average, that would leave room to add a GPU in the future. Once you get the foundation it's pretty easy to add things. For time, my first time doing a loop it took five hours to get everything including the PC into the case and working. This repair has taken 10 days lol (4 of which I wasn't working so more like 6).

That is pretty expansive, might do that in the future when my budget is much higher. 5 hours is not a lot, I expected it to be much more. Damn, 10 days is a lot to spend on a repair.

That is pretty expansive, might do that in the future when my budget is much higher. 5 hours is not a lot, I expected it to be much more. Damn, 10 days is a lot to spend on a repair.

Yeah, though acrylic takes much longer than regular stuff, I've also been going really slow. I could have comfortably done it in two days.

Yeah, though acrylic takes much longer than regular stuff, I've also been going really slow. I could have comfortably done it in two days.

Too bad it started leaking, would have been nice if it just worked. Although you get a lot of experience with custom loops which you can see as a good thing.