King of Memes

Does pineapple go on Pizza?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Does Pineapple go on Pizza?

15 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Tomatoes are fruits...

in plant biology yes

but they're classified as vegetable in food world

just like how honey is classified as meat, or something apparently not, but tomato is vege is tru

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

just like how honey is classified as meat, or something

Wut??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

haha broskie like dab my guy

1 minute ago, MightyMishka said:

Wut??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

edited

heard it somewhere and it's as cursed as it sounds lol

glad it's false when i looked it up

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

edited

heard it somewhere and it's as cursed as it sounds lol

glad it's false when i looked it up

You had me scared for a second there.

haha broskie like dab my guy

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

in plant biology yes

but they're classified as vegetable in food world

Not at all, any chef (or even keen amateur cook) should know that Tomatoes are a fruit. The way we use fruit as sweet and vegetables as savoury is actually quite a recent thing. In the past it was very common for fruit and sweet spices to be added to savoury dishes and until the turn of the 20th century meat jelly (AKA Aspic) was the only form of gelatin available so any jelly desserts would have been made from boiled beef bones.

It wasn't until the early 1900s when Escoffier came around that the modern way of eating meals in set courses of starter, main, dessert was introduced. Before that point it was normal for everything to be put on the dining table in one go and for everyone to take whatever they wanted, put it all on the same plate and eat it all together.

We might use Tomatoes are a vegetable now but it wasn't always that way.

Also the best ways of eating Tomato are all VERY sugar heavy, ketchup, chutney etc etc.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

We might use Tomatoes are a vegetable now but it wasn't always that way.

im not one to look at the past unless it's relevant to what i do now, but i get your point

regardless, fruit or vegetable, it doesnt matter, it's not like:

tomato = fruit

pineapple = fruit

tomato = pineapple

it doesn't work that way

if you like tomato on pizza but hate pineapple, that's fine

though if your justification is that because pineapple is a fruit then it's the wrong justification because why would it being a fruit ruin a pizza (for you)? just doesn't make sense to me

if you say the sweet and sourness doesn't go well with it then sure.

29 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

im not one to look at the past unless it's relevant to what i do now, but i get your point

regardless, fruit or vegetable, it doesnt matter, it's not like:

tomato = fruit

pineapple = fruit

tomato = pineapple

it doesn't work that way

if you like tomato on pizza but hate pineapple, that's fine

though if your justification is that because pineapple is a fruit then it's the wrong justification because why would it being a fruit ruin a pizza (for you)? just doesn't make sense to me

if you say the sweet and sourness doesn't go well with it then sure.

Totally agreed, you do you and screw what others think. My personal favourite pizzas are the ones made with BBQ sauce instead of tomato, a nice BBQ sauce with chicken, sweetcorn & pepper. The thing people always find disgusting is that I like putting ranch dressing on my BBQ pizza.

People are generally weird and thats OK.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I'm not always in the mood for it, but I like it. I've never really understood why this is (apparently) so controversial, the many wildly different variations of pizza are exactly what makes it interesting. I still regret not ordering the Nutella pizza I saw at a restaurant while on holiday a couple of years ago. Might've been terrible, but it sounded memorable for sure.

8 minutes ago, Yeroh said:

I'm not always in the mood for it, but I like it. I've never really understood why this is (apparently) so controversial, the many wildly different variations of pizza are exactly what makes it interesting. I still regret not ordering the Nutella pizza I saw at a restaurant while on holiday a couple of years ago. Might've been terrible, but it sure sounded memorable.

I've personally made Nutella pizza, I made a base dough with olive oil and added some cocoa powder to it (more for colour than anything) then topped it with Nutella & Strawberries. It was really good although Nutella doesn't melt in the way you'd expect it to, it sort of clumps together and goes grainy. Still tastes good though.

I have a thing about trying weird foods, I've eaten snails, bull testicles, camel, alligator, ox heart, pig tongue and I'm sure a few other things I'm forgetting about.

Also deep fried Mars Bars are 🔥

As you can probably guess, I'm not a thin man 😄

I always thought it was absolutely horrifying - then I tried and, well... not quite my cup o' coffee, but I didn't mind it either.

20 minutes ago, Yeroh said:

I still regret not ordering the Nutella pizza I saw at a restaurant while on holiday a couple of years ago. Might've been terrible, but it sounded memorable for sure.

There's a large pizza chain here in Spain called "Telepizza" that offers it. Me and a group of friends bought it as a half-joke, expecting to hate it and find it disgusting but, surprise surprise, it was actually pretty damn good.

That being said, I wouldn't exactly recommend it - we could feel our hearts and blood vessels cry out in despair at the amount of calories and fats that we were inserting into our bodies.

Damn good taste, though.

3 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

You also like fruit on a Pizza, Tomatoes are fruits.

You're right. Actually I was kind of surprised before that in some Southeast Asian countries they have fruit salads or fruit desserts that contain different kind of foods including tomatoes. I ever got it served and I was like, why are there tomatoes in here? The sourness along with sweet is kind of strange.

Yes but only if said pizza also have chili.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

7 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Yes but only if said pizza also have chili.

Dude, chilli, cheese and pineapple is the god tier combo.

I have to leave, this thread is not helping my diet 😄

It does not, the same way that avocado has no place in sushi.

But bottom line is that its your food any you should make it how you like it.

Unless youre Swedish and do this shit:

pizza_hawaii_special_p_pizzeria_papillon_i_sala_1343.thumb.jpg.55acf25d82e1b4efc8cb69b3107f844f.jpg

1 minute ago, mousesnob said:

<the thing that should not be>

What the everloving unholy f**k is that thing...

Who created this? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM?!

We need a new reaction type in this forum, "disgusting".

8 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

It's more about what goes into my body.
"It's good to someone, somewhere" is a really pointless answer to most questions of preference.

Not really. It's about people saying pineapple on pizza is wrong. Which it isn't. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

8 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Not really. It's about people saying pineapple on pizza is wrong. Which it isn't. 

it isnt at all. Pineapple is amazing on pizza. I actually prefer Pineapple on my pizza over Peperoni. (i dont like peperoni)

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

5 hours ago, Rauten said:

I always thought it was absolutely horrifying - then I tried and, well... not quite my cup o' coffee, but I didn't mind it either.

There's a large pizza chain here in Spain called "Telepizza" that offers it. Me and a group of friends bought it as a half-joke, expecting to hate it and find it disgusting but, surprise surprise, it was actually pretty damn good.

That being said, I wouldn't exactly recommend it - we could feel our hearts and blood vessels cry out in despair at the amount of calories and fats that we were inserting into our bodies.

Damn good taste, though.

oh, in peru, they have telepizza. Never tried it when i used to live there.

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

51 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Well, there are a few ways to interpret the question "Does pineapple go on pizza?"

• Does anyone ever put pineapple on pizza? Yes.
  • Is it morally right to put pineapple on pizza? Heh...
  • Is pineapple good on pizza? Depends on who you ask.

You can choose to interpret it in a way that lets you call other people silly, but not much really comes from that.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

14 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Well, there are a few ways to interpret the question "Does pineapple go on pizza?"

• Does anyone ever put pineapple on pizza? Yes.
  • Is it morally right to put pineapple on pizza? Heh...
  • Is pineapple good on pizza? Depends on who you ask.

You can choose to interpret it in a way that lets you call other people silly, but not much really comes from that.

Go to Hawaii and they put both Pineapple and Spam on Pizza.

3 hours ago, mousesnob said:

It does not, the same way that avocado has no place in sushi.

But bottom line is that its your food any you should make it how you like it.

Unless youre Swedish and do this shit:

pizza_hawaii_special_p_pizzeria_papillon_i_sala_1343.thumb.jpg.55acf25d82e1b4efc8cb69b3107f844f.jpg

@Kanna will be the expert

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I actually think its fine.

Not my taste but I am ok if you like that.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

7 minutes ago, sub68 said:

@Kanna will be the expert

Bruh banana pizza tasty af 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

10 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Bruh banana pizza tasty af 

That actually sounds good

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang