FYI Direct X12 ANNOUNCMENT

aselwyn1

The Forza demo they had @ 60fps, was running in DX12 on a PC in native (Meaning running on an actual PC, not a Console dev kit)

That is insane :o

RTX2070OC 

So, this is very focused for the mobile market.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

DirectX 12 on mobile equates to better power efficiency, performance and scalability as well as easing the porting of games between PC / Xbox and Mobile.

Ahh good your watching and updating.. I can go to sleep :) Such a luxury....4:16am

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Ahh good your watching and updating.. I can go to sleep :) Such a luxury....4:16am

Haha, you should definitely get some sleep! :P

I'm pretty sure there'll be a transcript later!

Also, targeting Holiday 2015 games with early access later this year.

php39q0jjp1010645.jpg

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Haha, you should definitely get some sleep! :P

I'm pretty sure there'll be a transcript later!

Also, targeting Holiday 2015 games with early access later this year.

yeah, I plan on catching up later on.. just too hammered at the moment and text is ..... how do you say.. "moving around" when I'm looking at it..

Keep up the good work :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

yeah, I plan on catching up later on.. just too hammered at the moment and text is ..... how do you say.. "moving around" when I'm looking at it..

Keep up the good work :)

Ah. Yeah I know that feeling. :)

Cheers.

Finally, they say they have a way to 'target specific GPUs in a system' - which could mean better performance with Multi-GPU setups hopefully.

So they said Holiday 2015.

I am thinking.. Windows 9 will have DirectX12.

And as usually, the previous version of Windows will get the update

So that means Windows 7, MIGHT get this specific performing boosting feature, at best, but not any new DirectX 12 feature.

This also means that for full DurectX12 support on our GPU, we need Nvidia and AMD coming up offering.

Ah. Yeah I know that feeling. :)

Cheers.

Finally, they say they have a way to 'target specific GPUs in a system' - which could mean better performance with Multi-GPU setups hopefully.

Or it could mean nVidia/AMD could pay devs to make their code optimized for their graphics cards. Just the devils advocate

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

So they said Holiday 2015.

I am thinking.. Windows 9 will have DirectX12.

And as usually, the previous version of Windows will get the update

So that means Windows 7, MIGHT get this specific performing boosting feature, at best, but not any new DirectX 12 feature.

This also means that for full DurectX12 support on our GPU, we need Nvidia and AMD coming up offering.

Nvidia already announced that pretty much all 400 series cards onwards will have support for DX12. AMD have yet to say anything however.

it seems mantle scared microsoft's lazy ass into making DX12 with low overhead

great news !

lets see how good it is but im pretty sure it will be great

but other than that  it looks like ill still need to buy a new OS for Dx12

edit

Apparently NVIDIA's blog says DX12 discussion begun more than four years ago "with discussions about reducing resource overhead". They worked for a year to deliver "a working design and implementation of DX12 at GDC".

very interesting so even if mantle never existed this would still happen ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

it seems mantle scared microsoft's lazy ass into making DX12 with low overhead

great news !

lets see how good it is but im pretty sure it will be great

but other than that it looks like ill still need to buy a new OS for Dx12

You dunnae get something for nothing with MS

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

amd is like a nice guy who made something good :)
good guys finish last though....

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

ryan just posted this

Apparently NVIDIA's blog says DX12 discussion begun more than four years ago "with discussions about reducing resource overhead". They worked for a year to deliver "a working design and implementation of DX12 at GDC".

this is very interesting

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Nvidia already announced that pretty much all 400 series cards onwards will have support for DX12. AMD have yet to say anything however.

From my understanding they said THIS feature.

It's like DirectX 10.1 when it came out. Nvidia DirectX 10 card worked with 10.1. But performance was not good for when the API was used.

From my understanding they said THIS feature.

It's like DirectX 10.1 when it came out. Nvidia DirectX 10 card worked with 10.1. But performance was not good for when the API was used.

There's quite a bit of difference here, though.

DirectX 12 is primarily focused on optimisations software-wise to better-utilise the hardware - the underlying requirements are more or less identical (as far as we know) to DX11. So for utilising DX12 in the same way as DX11 it should simply provide better performance.

Now when it comes to new features and rendering techniques, we don't know yet. Supposition is pointless, we need to wait until we have more information on specifically what these new things are and what sort of hardware requirements they'll have.

even though i'm not a huge fan of amd, i have to agree with that

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

wow, this is awesome!

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I'm very much a newbie when it comes to things like this. If anyone could, would you explain what Direct X12 is? I want to get hyped up about this!

I'm very much a newbie when it comes to things like this. If anyone could, would you explain what Direct X12 is? I want to get hyped up about this!

Mantle like performance by cutting out the CPU and driver overhead. AMD and Nvidia cards will benefit from. Something like this: 

Battlefield-4-Mantle-API-Benchmark.png

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

Maybe once DX12 gets going we can start to see more games finally taking advantage of DX11 features.  :(