Notifications Number stay up until read.

whm1974

OK I'm thinking that the Notifications Button should show the Numbers until actually all of them are Read. The Number decreases as read. This would be for ensure that none of Notifications are missed due to getting a lot of them. Especially by Mods.

Is the Forum Software capable of being set to this?

I second this.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

No! Absolutely not!

If I just have a few minutes, I will scan through the notifications and only read what I'm interested in. I then want the rest to go away so that there is nothing out of date in the list. I don't want to have to open everything to get rid of them.

All notifications cancelled when the list is opened is how virtually every notification system embedded into a webpage that I've ever used has worked. except Reddit, and Reddit p***es me off. Please don't break that mould! (Of course, push notifications are different, but I digress)

I would, however, be happy for this feature to be implemented, provided that there is a clear all button in the list, like this:

image.png.8dbb6c9b139cf8f373b2a009c9acd7b2.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

4 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

No! Absolutely not!

If I just have a few minutes, I will scan through the notifications and only read what I'm interested in. I then want the rest to go away so that there is nothing out of date in the list. I don't want to have to open everything to get rid of them.

All notifications cancelled when the list is opened is how virtually every notification system embedded into a webpage that I've ever used has worked. except Reddit, and Reddit p***es me off. Please don't break that mould! (Of course, push notifications are different, but I digress)

I would, however, be happy for this feature to be implemented, provided that there is a clear all button in the list, like this:

image.png.8dbb6c9b139cf8f373b2a009c9acd7b2.png

Well I don't miss any Notifications or PMs only due to the amount of and the numbered disappearing after I only read one of them.

Just now, whm1974 said:

Well I don't miss any Notifications or PMs only due to the amount of and the numbered disappearing after I only read one of them.

Step 1: right-click

Step 2: "Open Link in New Tab"

Step 3: repeat

Step 4: PROFIT....

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

The forum software doesn't support it, and trying to retrofit it would be very painful.

For some notification types, like "x replied to a topic", it's reasonably clear cut - the notification is read when you've read the posts in question. For others though, it doesn't make so much sense - when should a react be marked as read (you probably don't want to have to click the notification just to mark it as read when you know what the post is)? If you go to the expanded notifications page (https://linustechtips.com/notifications/), you'll see that the forum software does have some concept of individual notifications being read or unread, but not in any useful way.

HTTP/2 203

4 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

The forum software doesn't support it, and trying to retrofit it would be very painful.

For some notification types, like "x replied to a topic", it's reasonably clear cut - the notification is read when you've read the posts in question. For others though, it doesn't make so much sense - when should a react be marked as read (you probably don't want to have to click the notification just to mark it as read when you know what the post is)? If you go to the expanded notifications page (https://linustechtips.com/notifications/), you'll see that the forum software does have some concept of individual notifications being read or unread, but not in any useful way.

that sucks. maybe read=clicked on link?

If it were possible, maybe a setting to turn it off/on and a clear all button would be needed.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler