Are SSD prices in North America trash?

Lord Szechenyi

After watching this, i was really surprised of what Linus said.

I mean, the capacity of the drive is 120GB, and here in hungary you can get Brand New Kingston SSDs for UNDER that price.

Am i missing something here?

Generally NA tends to have some of the best prices on computer hardware. I'd love to see some links where you're finding these SSDs for what you claim are absurdly good prices.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I suppose timeframe matters, as you can get a Kingston 120GB for under that price (5 cents!) now too:

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Storage Kingston A400 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $19.98 @ Amazon
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $19.98
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-03 11:43 EST-0500  

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Generally NA tends to have some of the best prices on computer hardware. I'd love to see some links where you're finding these SSDs for what you claim are absurdly good prices.

The cheapest 120gb ssd I can find here that can be ordered and delivered within 3 days is 17,5 euro's wouldn't be too surprising. It's some random gigabyte 120gb ssd

SSDs are cheap nowdays ... only 4 times the price of a lagging device of same capacity.

I edit my posts more often than not

Trash is cheap nowdays for sure though...

I edit my posts more often than not

yeah ive noticed for some reason that 120 256 and 500GB ssds are not that different in price but 500+ the price does scale properly. whats the cost of a 1TB ssd in hungary?

2 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

yeah ive noticed for some reason that 120 256 and 500GB ssds are not that different in price but 500+ the price does scale properly. whats the cost of a 1TB ssd in hungary?

i don't look much at normal sata SSDs but i bought my 1tb crucial ssd at 28000Huf

Average prices are around 30000Huf (for nvme)

i think Sata is about the same price.

(Note: i'm obviously not counting the Samsung SSDs which are about double the price, but that shit ain't worth it)

2 hours ago, whm1974 said:

I wouldn't buy a no name SSD or any part for that matter.

2 hours ago, 2plash6 said:

There is also a 120gb SSD by team that costs $20.

I said Kingston.

Not a no name one.

3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

https://hardverapro.hu/aprok/hardver/merevlemez_ssd/ssd/index.html has both new and used

https://ssd-meghajto.arukereso.hu/ Only new, tracks prices for all shops in the country

https://www.pcx.hu/ssd Only new, is mostly the best choice unless website above shows a better deal

(also, i love how you say it's absurdly good prices when anything AMD (especially GPUs) over here is overpriced)

20 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

I said Kingston.

Not a no name one.

I was referring to the video.