12 foot Monolith found in Utah.

whm1974

So reading Yahoo News this morning, Utah Wildlife Officials found this 12 foot silver Monolith smack somewhere in the desert. To their Credit they mention that someone as a Human Being put there for some unknown reason. And not something silly as "Aliens" must left there...

Of course they didn't Mentioned where they found this at either. For good reason, they didn't want sightseers getting lost trying to find the thing.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/nov/24/monolith-found-utah-desert/

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/utah-monolith-canyon_n_5fbbf94dc5b6e4b1ea44e81e

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

824641b6f4b4a70eb6992b0f45a3d5b9.jpg

One of the other clients at one of the other private housing units actually believes the History and Discover Channels are true. He thinks that actually show Scientific Documentaries...

He somewhere to be before I could explain a couple of folks who claim to work for NASA actually don't.

They shouldn't have reported on it and simply removed it.

Now conspiracy theorist will take this as evidence aliens came to earth, they'll demand access to it to find some clues or whatever... Even though it looks like a piece of aluminum. 

Makes me wonder who put it there and when. (I don't care about the "why", it's obviously done to get people talking)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

20 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Now conspiracy theorist will take this as evidence aliens came to earth, they'll demand access to it to find some clues or whatever... Even though it looks like a piece of aluminum. 

Makes me wonder who put it there and when. (I don't care about the "why", it's obviously done to get people talking)

I imagine it was put there as prank. You know, just to see how many folks blow some hot air claiming it was "Aliens that put it there..."

Come to think of it, I did read something a long time ago that "Alien Believers" didn't appear on the scene until the US and USSR started the Space Race.

18 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Nah it’s not aluminium it’s not that shiny. Just looks like a pillar with a mirror veneer on it. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

2 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Nah it’s not aluminium it’s not that shiny. Just looks like a pillar with a mirror veneer on it. 

Stainless Steal?

Just now, whm1974 said:

Stainless Steal?

That’d be a bit heavy considering where it is. Unless it was air lifted in. 

On 11/25/2020 at 4:52 AM, Master Disaster said:

Honestly, this. Leave if the f*** alone 😂

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

On 11/25/2020 at 7:32 AM, TetraSky said:

I'm betting stainless steel. Has a better color match, and your average Joe can weld stainless better than aluminum sheets. Though on the flipside, it would make it a lot heavier to move around. The most interesting thing is them saying it was drove into the ground. That takes some work.

Kind of reminds me of people sending in reports of a spacecraft between Tucson and Phoenix. Turns out some artist painted a cement mixer and put it on the side of a highway on some farmers land. He got permission though.

9 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

That's not a mirror veneer, and it looks like unidirectional brushed stainless. It's probably pretty thin. It'd be hefty, but could easily be trucked in by any off-roading truck.

#Muricaparrotgang

13 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I'm betting stainless steel. Has a better color match, and your average Joe can weld stainless better than aluminum sheets. Though on the flipside, it would make it a lot heavier to move around. The most interesting thing is them saying it was drove into the ground. That takes some work.

Kind of reminds me of people sending in reports of a spacecraft between Tucson and Phoenix. Turns out some artist painted a cement mixer and put it on the side of a highway on some farmers land. He got permission though.

That's not a mirror veneer, and it looks like unidirectional brushed stainless. It's probably pretty thin. It'd be hefty, but could easily be trucked in by any off-roading truck.

Issue is getting it there on a truck. Also you can get a veneer to look like brushed stainless.

Man... it would be a great troll to put another one in some random location in like Montana. 

Seal that monolith up and walk away!!

This is NOT the year, man.

source:

Spoiler

5ed28af656b08.jpeg

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

It's most likely just someone's art installation that they left there, waiting for someone to find.

I don't see it being alien. There's no real reason for it. If it was important, they'd simply hide it and we'd never know.

On 11/25/2020 at 7:32 AM, TetraSky said:

Art, most likely.

There will always be conspiracy theorists. They'd be even more off their rockers when it was found out that they'd removed it secretly.

On 11/25/2020 at 7:59 AM, whm1974 said:

I imagine it was put there as prank. You know, just to see how many folks blow some hot air claiming it was "Aliens that put it there..."

Come to think of it, I did read something a long time ago that "Alien Believers" didn't appear on the scene until the US and USSR started the Space Race.

That, or some artists vision, or a combination of both.

For example I was installing dry wall in a unit above a garage. They were over their allowable floor space, so one of the smaller rooms that has a small window in it had to be sealed off and left unused. I was bored and having finished lunch early, I constructed a family, including pets, out of some of the scrap, put it in the room with a note asking why they'd been left there, and finished sealing off the room. When someone looks through that window when they're cleaning off the roof/installing lights/reshingling they're going to have quite a "wtf" reaction.

23 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

That’d be a bit heavy considering where it is. Unless it was air lifted in. 

Pick up trucks are a thing. Especially in the US.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

22 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Pick up trucks are a thing. Especially in the US.

Pickups aren’t getting back up the access and if the panels used were 1cm thick you’re talking 200KG just in panel without a framework on the bed of a pickup at 12 feet high. 

16 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Pickups aren’t getting back up the access and if the panels used were 1cm thick you’re talking 200KG just in panel without a framework on the bed of a pickup at 12 feet high. 

You could easily assemble it on site, you could easily fit it into the bed of a pickup. You'd just carry the pieces down. It's not complex. 

200kg sounds heavy, but in reality it's not that bad. A heavier sheet of drywall is 90lbs and we'd carry them pretty frequently. Alone. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

59 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Seal that monolith up and walk away!!

This is NOT the year, man.

source:

Hide contents

5ed28af656b08.jpeg

That cave was discovered in the late 80s/early 90s and its been explored by over 100 people.

Also people have found the monolith on Google Earth images from 5 years ago, its not a new thing, it might have been there MUCH longer than that.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Not to mention the Zombie Minks in Denmark.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

You could easily assemble it on site, you could easily fit it into the bed of a pickup. You'd just carry the pieces down. It's not complex. 

200kg sounds heavy, but in reality it's not that bad. A heavier sheet of drywall is 90lbs and we'd carry them pretty frequently. Alone. 

90lbs is like 40KG it's not that hard.  One side of 360x60x1 steel at 7.9g per cm^3 weighs 170KG or 375lbs. Multiply that by 4 and add two end plates at 60x60 and you end up with around 740KG or 1620lbs. So with a frame work you're talking 800KG or 1760lbs. To weld it there you'd need welding gear which ain't light and you'd be welding on sand with plates that weigh nearly 400lbs.

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

That cave was discovered in the late 80s/early 90s and its been explored by over 100 people.

Also people have found the monolith on Google Earth images from 5 years ago, its not a new thing, it might have been there MUCH longer than that.

covid-19 virus strand was discovered few years ago, if i wasn't mistaken, but it only became an issue now -shrug-

all in all, it's a joke and no one should be THAT interested in a metal shaft in the middle of the dessert

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

image.thumb.png.5cde70e262430fc8959780e899464d09.png

8 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Issue is getting it there on a truck. Also you can get a veneer to look like brushed stainless.

It's not veneer, it's just 3 sheets of brushed stainless welded together and trucked in by any typical off roader. It's not like it's a solid chunk of steel. It would weigh less than a quad or a motorcycle.

#Muricaparrotgang