Can Their Tech Support Save Us? - $1500 PC Secret Shopper 2 Part 3

jakkuh_t
1 hour ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Then I consider your expectations to be incorrect. Cars and computers are a bit different - computers don't require really any maintenance compared to a car. I mean, they should be maintained, but you can use a computer for years and years without ever touching it. A car...not so much. And even then, people might just go to a dealership to have the issue go away. Therefore, someone who knows nothing about PCs may go to an SI to get something suitable for their needs, and know nothing about the internals. Or might just do what someone else tells them.

Furthermore, what about people who work in an office who use a computer everyday, but always get IT to help them with something. My manager knows next to nothing about computers, but uses one all the time.

I expected this reply. And no. The office example doesnt hold up. I for one onyl use Ubers/taxis or at best rental cars with drivers. I ride it but i dont own it so i dont need to know. Same goes with office users. You dont OWN the machine. You just work on it so you dont need to know.

In every comment i made, i specified Ownership in one way or another.

Thats why I buy a Device with a Technician On Hand Support if something happen I just call Lenovo, Dell,... and the Technician come in 48h and fix the HW.

From AT. :x

@BaidDSBIf your a cook, and your oven or sink breaks, do you expect them to know how to fix it? They would know what they want when buying it and know how to use it, but if it breaks i bet you they are going to call someone else to fix it. Some people just dont care or want to know how the inside of a computer works. Thats really the whole Apple model, it should just work and if it doesnt bring it to us, cause good luck trying to fix it yourself. 

Being a gamer/streamer it is most beneficial to know how your computer works and be able to fix it, but that does mean they do or have to.

11 hours ago, realpetertdm said:

I don't think a tech support rep talking about bacon face masks is 2 months old tech news

The scented mask is old news

5 hours ago, BaidDSB said:

I expected this reply. And no. The office example doesnt hold up. I for one onyl use Ubers/taxis or at best rental cars with drivers. I ride it but i dont own it so i dont need to know. Same goes with office users. You dont OWN the machine. You just work on it so you dont need to know.

In every comment i made, i specified Ownership in one way or another.

I disagree with you. I work on PCs in my personal life, so when I'm at work, I have a full understanding of the machine I'm using. I can tell you all the different parts inside of it, and what they do. But if you take my manager, she likely owns a computer at home, and she uses a smartphone. While she might kinda know how to use a smartphone, I doubt that she would be able to tell me specific components that are present inside the smartphone, except maybe some basic stuff(capacitors, resistors, some ICs, etc). 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You know what, I am pretty sure the Dell support doesn't even work at Dell, probably sourced from outside.

Sarah's mistakes are acceptable, customer support should be made aware of regular poor observations of customers.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

I bet you guys that call Sarah made was transferred over to some cheap outsourced call center in India. Which is kinda BS honestly considering I saw the item line and it said Premium Support (which in another name, ProSupport), she should be getting an CS agent who is American/Canadian or at least in North America.

And yeah, they are that bad and its not a surprise at all to me because I have worked in the ProSupport queue and dealt with them before.

That incompetence I saw from that queue, I've lost count of how many ****ed cases we had to clean up because they were too incompetent to even check the customer's specs properly. The funniest one was when a customer called in absolutely livid that the field engineer who was sent to his place, only came with 1 stick of RAM. The customer's Alienware system had 2 sticks, and he was told Dell was gonna replace ALL of the RAM.

I don't know what the minimum requirement is for their call centers in India, but I'd imagine its pretty low (can you speak English, can you read off a script). I think I would have been fired if my call went the way it did in the video.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

WTH  Dell charged a Fortune for warranty and service BS. but does not even Help properly with fixing the issue.

GOOD LORD

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

17 hours ago, Mannekino said:

Does anyone know when part 4 will come out? Been eagerly waiting for it.

There's a part 4? 

1 hour ago, danwat1234 said:

There's a part 4? 

Yeah they did it last time but the LTT dbrand thing has done now so I am not sure when it will be coming out

Was this the final part? I feel like there was supposed to be performance testing still. There was 4 parts last time.

3 minutes ago, Nextempus said:

Was this the final part? I feel like there was supposed to be performance testing still. There was 4 parts last time.

there should be a 4th part

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

2 hours ago, wall03 said:

there should be a 4th part

Part 4 is up on Floatplane

I was pleasantly surprised by HP. I would expect good support from boutique builders because their volume is lower, and the company can't afford to burn too many bridges with bad service. It's much easier for a massive company like HP or Dell to simply find the cheapest call center in India to keep the overhead low and if they lose a few customers over it, who cares, there's millions more to take their place...  

Since this is apparently what Dell does, props to HP for having someone knowledgeable with competent troubleshooting skills.  

I do have to say though that Dell's enterprise support and products are significantly better than their consumer crap. We have Dell servers at work and the hardware quality and support are both good. 

Wait is it actually a big deal that the HP person didn't tell Sarah to unplug the PSU? I've never done that when doing tech support on my own PCs and never had an issue, but could just be lucky that nothing happened...

The dude from ibuypower is talking to their customers. as if they know every parts to a computer. His response of "it's right there", when Sarah ask where is the 24 pin, clearly shows he needs more training when it comes to tech support, or have some else do it. Give to those who can actually put themselves in the shoes of their customer, where they have to assume, the person they're helping knows absolutely nothing about the inner parts to a PC.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list