NVIDIA to launch GeForce RTX 3080 Ti in January

GravityHurts

I have a suspicion that Micron has a hard time making GDDR6X for nVidia, too low production, or too many failed chips, not able to reach the desired frequencies nVidia wants.  Would explain the low amount of cards and the low amount of vram on the cards...

They killed or postponed a lot of cards, I see them releasing a TI version as an answer to AMDs cards, but my guess is they're gonna go with 12-16 GB of memory and a 3080 level gpu chip

Again, it's just my personal suspicion, there's no news or rumors out there, but cosidering they started producing this kind of memory this year, they may have to go through a few revisions until they sort things out IF they have problems producing them now

17 minutes ago, mariushm said:

I have a suspicion that Micron has a hard time making GDDR6X for nVidia, too low production, or too many failed chips, not able to reach the desired frequencies nVidia wants.  Would explain the low amount of cards and the low amount of vram on the cards...

Only problem there is the 3070 which uses GDDR6 from Samsung. Not that I would be surprise if GDDR6X supply is crap anyway.

$999 <_<

NVIDIA, just sod off. I'm getting RX 6800XT this time. RTX 3000 series is good as such, but their positioning and pricing is just stupid.

Yay another paper launch. Don’t waste your time waiting for Nvidia to launch new GPUs. They can’t make the one they’ve launched already.

14 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

This doesn't really make sense, this would basically be an RTX 3090 with 4gb less v-ram, rendering the 3090 mostly useless.

But the 3090 already is mostly useless so.....

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

New NVIDIA GPUs already in January, when even the previous ones are still practically non-existent? Seems kind of silly to me, but oh well. Should've just launched them all at once, so people wouldn't be so upset with NVIDIA and be looking at AMD's offerings instead.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

8 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

New NVIDIA GPUs already in January, when even the previous ones are still practically non-existent? Seems kind of silly to me, but oh well. Should've just launched them all at once, so people wouldn't be so upset with NVIDIA and be looking at AMD's offerings instead.

Production for all these GPUs would have been scheduled long ago. These are not things neither nvidia nor board partners can quickly respond to if there is a shortage of any component that wasn't forecast already.

We also still have to see what AMD stock will be like. Might be no better given they also issued guidance to help a smoother launch following nvidia's experience.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Why isnt this topic labeled with rumor?  Sounds more BS than all other Rumor labeled topics on page 1 combined.

16 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

It’s not canceled then? 

You really thought they were going to ride out a whole gen with tech standard from 2016? (8gb vram is a joke and was always meant to be in 2020) 

They did the same with RTX / Super cards, gotta get that sweet sweet double dippers money, should surprise really no one. 

15 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

rendering the 3090 mostly useless.

It's not useless to Nvidia, it's good $$$ from people who think they always need "the best" even at ridiculously inflated prices... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

40 minutes ago, fade said:

Why isnt this topic labeled with rumor?  Sounds more BS than all other Rumor labeled topics on page 1 combined.

Aggeed, it could be bs, but the next gen cards are coming, the current 30xx "launch" wasn't really a launch at all, and low Vram on these cards won't cut it anyhow once PS5 and Xbox whatevertheycallitnow have launched... 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

16 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

inb4 AMD drops the 6900XT down to $899/$949 ahead of launch, if this does end up getting confirmed.

I was thinking more like 32GB 6900XT launch in Q1 2021 😁

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

They are having problem keeping the 3080 on demand and then pulled out this?

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

21 minutes ago, SeraphicWings said:

They are having problem keeping the 3080 on demand and then pulled out this?

I'm sure they'll come out with some bs explanation how "yields" suddenly got better, blah, blah, blah, and people will eat it up! 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Doesn't matter you won't be able to buy it anyways. I'm sticking with my 2000 series card, I give up trying to get a new card with all this bot shit going on right now

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x