NVIDIA to launch GeForce RTX 3080 Ti in January

GravityHurts

Summary

A new report by HKEPC NVIDIA will launch a 3080ti this January. The card is expected to have 20gb of vram, 10496 CUDA cores and a with GA102-250-KD-A1 GPU. The apparent msrp will be $999.

Quotes

According to the new report from HKEPC, NVIDIA will launch its new high-end GPU in January. The next SKU in the GeForce RTX 30 pipeline is the RTX 3080 Ti, according to the article. This particular model had, in fact, just appeared in the rumor last week when kopite7kimi provided the initial specs of the graphics card. Most of these specs have been confirmed by HKEPC.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti will be equipped with GA102-250-KD-A1 GPU. The website reports on the 10496 CUDA core count (we were unable to confirm this part of the leak yet). The graphics card would also feature 20GB of GDDR6X memory (the memory speed is currently unknown) across a 320-bit interface. The TGP of the RTX 3080 Ti is estimated at 320W, which is the same value as for RTX 3080 non-Ti. The site reports that 3080 Ti will lack the NVLINK connector. The board number of the RTX 3080 Ti is PG133 SKU 15 (RTX 3080 uses the same board design).

My thoughts

I think whether or not NVIDIA releases the card will depend on how the new RDNA 2 cards perform. I'm defensibly not buying a new GPU until after January though just in case.

Sources

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-to-launch-in-january-2021

It’s not canceled then? 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

inb4 AMD drops the 6900XT down to $899/$949 ahead of launch, if this does end up getting confirmed.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, Mateyyy said:

inb4 AMD drops the 6900XT down to $899/$949 ahead of launch, if this does end up getting confirmed.

Was about to say the same thing. AMD is aggressive with their pricing and they know it works extremely well 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

what fab are they using?

i was expecting nvidia to go TSMC after samsung's chips gave them headaches this launch, thats why the cards are "cancelled"

didn't expect them to launch their card so soon if that's the case

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

basically a 3090 with 20gb vram ?

I expect the pricing to be closer to that of the 2080ti. (1000-1300$)

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

Another 20GB Ti card rumor? I thought Nvidia canceled it?

Apparently they uncanceled it. I guess rx6000 was terrifying enough.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I'm on edge if I should switch to team red completely for my next build or not. The only thing holding me back is Nvidia's encoder and a GSync monitor. Decisions decisions... Time to wait and see how everything pans out.

OHHHHHHHHH This is what I have been expecting that Nvda was still holding back on their stuff. They might be 2 generations still ahead but was just leading us by the nose.

Now that AMD actually have something they are now releasing the hidden stuff asap

I am pretty sure next year Nvda will pull some real voodoo magic and up it by 100% again

or so I think.

4 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Apparently they uncanceled it. I guess rx6000 was terrifying enough.

Yeah the only reason Nvidia would come out with a slightly faster 3080 is the RX6000 cards are competitive, so far the 6800XT looks like its on par or better in some games according to AMD but i'm waiting for independent benchmarks. I might go all AMD, sure Nvidia has more features but I really dislike you need to use Geforce experience to actually use them.

11 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I really dislike you need to use Geforce experience to actually use them.

1070 Ti user, so out of the loop on all the new Nvidia stuff. What is GeForce Experience required for nowadays? Asking because right now I'm using the barebones driver for 1070 Ti without GeForce Experience installed 

I'm assuming ray tracing in games, NVEncoder and CUDA cores work without it, right? Because I don't need shadowplay, so there's no need for GeForce Experience for me

I like cute animal pics.

Mac Studio | Ryzen 7 5800X3D + RTX 3090

It's so difficult to decide for me that I may as well just wait for next gen... 

I have a GSync monitor so if I want to keep using that (I do) then I need to buy NVIDIA card. 

But 3080 only has 10GB of VRAM and I already struggle with 11GB on my 1080ti in Blender so the only real upgrade is 3090 which is just way too expensive. 

Then there's 6800XT with 16GB of VRAM which is about the same price as 3090 if I also throw in a good  FreeSync monitor. 

But all of these cards lack AV1 encode and I'm sure (or hope) that next gen cards will actually have an AV1 HW encoding. 

Damn it... 

3080ti is so dumb though, the difference between 3080 and 3090 is so small that only the VRAM difference is to consider. 

Besides that, the prices of 3080 are so high yet many people were willing to pay even extra over MSRP so this is just a pure insult if 3080ti will basically be just an OCd 3080 with 20GB for the price that many people already paid for 3080.

I'm not going to believe any of this until there's some actual concrete cards out there or information from Nvidia itself.

These rumors are getting out of control. Just people being stuck at home thinking up new theories.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

23 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Another 20GB Ti card rumor? I thought Nvidia canceled it?

I think the original 20GB card was a non ti which was canceled

This doesn't really make sense, this would basically be an RTX 3090 with 4gb less v-ram, rendering the 3090 mostly useless.

1 hour ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

It’s not canceled then? 

The original rumour from memory said the 3080 20GB was "cancelled". This rumour is for a 3080 Ti 20GB. I took that to mean they wanted to increase the core configuration.

47 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

This doesn't really make sense, this would basically be an RTX 3090 with 4gb less v-ram, rendering the 3090 mostly useless.

Some people really do want the higher vram I guess, and also the 3090 would likely remain with higher ram bandwidth so it could still have a (small) edge in some use cases.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

5 minutes ago, porina said:

Some people really do want the higher vram I guess, and also the 3090 would likely remain with higher ram bandwidth so it could still have a (small) edge in some use cases.

But realistically speaking, if this is true, the 3090 is mostly useless, unless you have too much money to spend, it definitely isn't worth an extra 500$ just for 4GB extra vram and a very small performance bump.

If that means I can get a cheaper 3080, or even get one in the first place then let it arrive. I'll believe it when I see it. That card still doesn't make sense to me.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

9 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

But realistically speaking, if this is true, the 3090 is mostly useless, unless you have too much money to spend, it definitely isn't worth an extra 500$ just for 4GB extra vram and a very small performance bump.

Not everyone is looking at it from a gamer perspective. The vram and bandwidth can still make a difference for some, however few they may be.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Not surprised by this one bit. not even on the specs.

I am surprised that it's come so early though, i guess that's due to the pressure that AMD has put on NV.

This seems to hark back to what NV used to do with their Ti line... Almost titan (in this case 3090) performance at a price closer to their **80 series, but released at a later point in time.

Except the price is still a bit high in my view. I liked being able to buy ~£700 Ti cards.

1 hour ago, n0stalghia said:

1070 Ti user, so out of the loop on all the new Nvidia stuff. What is GeForce Experience required for nowadays? Asking because right now I'm using the barebones driver for 1070 Ti without GeForce Experience installed 

I'm assuming ray tracing in games, NVEncoder and CUDA cores work without it, right? Because I don't need shadowplay, so there's no need for GeForce Experience for me

Shadowplay is a useful feature, also game optimization, I don't really need GeForce Experience but the features are useful to a lot of people.

AMD has their own hardware encoding but it hasn't been as good as NVENC, ray tracing looks nice but I don't see it as a serious feature because I'd rather have higher FPS.

22 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

The 3080 has 8704 CUDA cores, the 3090 has 10496. And the 3080 Ti is here being rumoured to also have 10496

So, the 3090 likely won't even have a small performance bump over the 3080 Ti. And the 3090's performance bump over the 3080 is already very meagre.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

1 hour ago, lostcattears said:

OHHHHHHHHH This is what I have been expecting that Nvda was still holding back on their stuff. They might be 2 generations still ahead but was just leading us by the nose.

Now that AMD actually have something they are now releasing the hidden stuff asap

I am pretty sure next year Nvda will pull some real voodoo magic and up it by 100% again

or so I think.

Next year Nvidia will release their refresh of Ampere,because Nvidia adopted the Tick-Tock strategy since 2016:

2016: Pascal

2017: Pascal refresh

2018: Turing

2019: Turing refresh

2020: Ampere

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566