Using Print screen key to screenshot whole screen instead of LWIN + Printscreen with or without auto hot key

Rekti7
Go to solution Solved by Rekti7,
18 minutes ago, Rekti7 said:

Sharpkey to remap my key to Printscn key (which is conveniently locate beside my L win key)

then press win + \  and wala screenshot taken and saved.

But the thing is I wanted the "\" key to be the one key to rule all (remap it such that it would take screenshot and save using one key press)

And one month too late......:)

I wanted to remap print screen key to Lwin & print screen

But so far I did this :

"; PrintScreen::LWin & PrintScreen

*PrintScreen::

SetKeyDelay -1 ;If the destination key is a mouse button, SetMouseDelay is used instead.

Send {Blind}{LWin DownTemp}{PrintScreen DownTemp} ; DownTemp is like Down except that other Send commands in the script won't assume "b" should stay down during their Send.

return"

which has an error causing it to activate after every click of any key...

Help Plz. Thx in advance .

Where I think the issue here is not having a comma after "Send".

I made an AutoHotKey script I made to change my Printscreen to Win+Shift+S, taking what I have  there and editing it for your purpose gets you this:

;When PrintScreen is pressed
PrintScreen::
	Send, {LWin down}PrintScreen{LWin up}
Return

EDIT: wait, I just re-read your question.. Doesn't Printscreen on its own already do what you want? Printscreen all monitors? Just like Win+PrntScrn does?

EDIT2: oh yeah, Win + Printscreen = saves the screenshot.. Oh well, the above code should work for that.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I save myself all the hassle and use Irfanview, a free image viewer :  https://www.irfanview.com/

605655223_capturemenu.png.ecfc1b521bb19610860b2073c9d16bf6.png

So as you can see, you can choose to press a hotkey or do the capture automatically every n seconds

You can choose all screens / just main screen / just main window / just main window client area (no title and menu) , or a specific region of the screen (predefined or ask when hotkey pressed)

You can hide mouse cursor, or highlight it and so on (the options section)

You can either show the captured stuff in the application or save it automatically somewhere, with a specific filename (you can use tags/keywords to include hour , minute, second, counters etc in the filename)

Lwin+shift+S on vanilla win10 does all of the above. You get a free selection snip by default, and there's buttons up top to do a window or a fullscreen screenshot. It also creates a notification you can click to edit or save it

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2020 at 9:57 PM, GoodBytes said:

Alternatively:

2071062207_Screenshot2020-11-05105722.thumb.png.20fbabaab8059df7d23dc9a98124a624.png

Need to save the file manually later........

Already lost quite some files that way

On 11/5/2020 at 8:59 PM, Yebi said:

Lwin+shift+S on vanilla win10 does all of the above. You get a free selection snip by default, and there's buttons up top to do a window or a fullscreen screenshot. It also creates a notification you can click to edit or save it

Let me do one better

Sharpkey to remap my key to Printscn key (which is conveniently locate beside my L win key)

But the thing is I wanted the "\" key to be the one key to rule all (remap it such that it would take screenshot and save using one key press)

On 11/5/2020 at 8:59 PM, Yebi said:

Ik this shortcut but too many keys to press for a quickdraw (for taking notes)

On 11/5/2020 at 6:37 PM, mariushm said:

I save myself all the hassle and use Irfanview, a free image viewer :  https://www.irfanview.com/

605655223_capturemenu.png.ecfc1b521bb19610860b2073c9d16bf6.png

So as you can see, you can choose to press a hotkey or do the capture automatically every n seconds

You can choose all screens / just main screen / just main window / just main window client area (no title and menu) , or a specific region of the screen (predefined or ask when hotkey pressed)

You can hide mouse cursor, or highlight it and so on (the options section)

You can either show the captured stuff in the application or save it automatically somewhere, with a specific filename (you can use tags/keywords to include hour , minute, second, counters etc in the filename)

Still need to press too two many keys ,

Still thanks tho 

9 minutes ago, Rekti7 said:

then press win + \  and wala screenshot taken and saved

But as u can see I already found a slightly better way <ig> .

As I don't need to keep an app running in background  (Unless it doesn't Correct me if i am wrong)

On 11/5/2020 at 6:16 PM, minibois said:

Where I think the issue here is not having a comma after "Send".

I made an AutoHotKey script I made to change my Printscreen to Win+Shift+S, taking what I have  there and editing it for your purpose gets you this:

;When PrintScreen is pressed
PrintScreen::
	Send, {LWin down}PrintScreen{LWin up}
Return

EDIT: wait, I just re-read your question.. Doesn't Printscreen on its own already do what you want? Printscreen all monitors? Just like Win+PrntScrn does?

EDIT2: oh yeah, Win + Printscreen = saves the screenshot.. Oh well, the above code should work for that.

I have seen this code before but it glitches out the keyboard for some reason Aka win key seems to be pressed down but virtually and I need to press down win key to fix it. (Although it could be that I missed a comma or something but ur code also gave me no luck I even copied it directly.

18 minutes ago, Rekti7 said:

And one month too late......:)