Linus Tech tips staff

Goru

Linus Tech tips has grown alot over the years and I was just wondering who still worked there as some people that were seen in many videos seem to have just left. Could someone tell me who still works there?

You can view a list of the staff at the Linus Media Group website.

https://linusmediagroup.com/our-team

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I'm not listed there.

Because I don't work there.

Pretty much everyone still works with him as they did when they joined LTT except Maxine who left and went to croatia with her BF, Russian dude who had other interest, Berkel who was into cycling and photography, atleast that's what we know there are others who have been let go that we don't know that never made appearance as Linus as a strict period of time they had to be working at LMG to be in their videos, hence you see some members will be blurred until they are qualified to be on camera 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

This is probably just due to the people you see in video being their job to present, and others have their positions. 

We mostly saw the rest of the team on channel super fun, which wasnt lmg's primary business, and otherwise a pile of hot garbage ROI wise.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

3 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

Pretty much everyone still works with him as they did when they joined LTT except Maxine who left and went to croatia with her BF, Russian dude who had other interest, Berkel who was into cycling and photography, atleast that's what we know there are others who have been let go that we don't know that never made appearance as Linus as a strict period of time they had to be working at LMG to be in their videos, hence you see some members will be blurred until they are qualified to be on camera 

I think Linus mentioned in 'Upgrading our worst gaming rigs' that at the time Lloyd had just passed his probation, they do this to stop the audience (us) getting attached to some on-screen personality just for them to either leave or be let go in the first month or so. After the first month I think they are allowed on camera, for example one of Colin's first videos was that all wish pc build in which his voice was changed and his face blurred  

4 hours ago, Spotty said:

You can view a list of the staff at the Linus Media Group website.

What happend to Ivan?

1 hour ago, JouanDeag said:

What happend to Ivan?

If thats the person I am thinking of, short hair and beefy, long gone.

1 hour ago, JouanDeag said:

What happend to Ivan?

No one knows as there has never been an official reason given. Nick (coo iirc) responded to a thread on Reddit just saying he left, and we the audience aren't owed any reason. There is no beef per se between lmg and Ivan as he appeared in this year's April fools video. 

I think he was a temporary hire as he worked at NCIX and was of course in between jobs when they shut down

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

19 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

and we the audience aren't owed any reason.

Suspense and wonder is better for the drama of Linus.

6 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

Berkel who was into cycling and photography

skimmed over this and read it as "Berkel who was into recycling" and thought, what a weird reason to leave.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

reason to leave

Lots of valid reasons to leave, of course we dont know what they are getting paid and its not like LTT is a basement YT channel........ anymore.

27 minutes ago, Orange1 said:

Or the internal workings of a privately owned company isn't our business and they don't owe us an explanation for their internal decisions and how they run their company, but sure you do you. 

1 minute ago, Orange1 said:

of course we dont know what they are getting paid

Judging by the Teslas and other cars in front of their building and the fact that many employees own houses, we can guess it's not minimum wage. 

21 minutes ago, Orange1 said:

We don't need to know the reason he left, nor are we owed one.

There are no hard feelings either way, and that is sufficient.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

12 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

We don't need to know the reason he left, nor are we owed one.

i don't like the growing assumption that people are entitled to know things about a company or group of people just because they happen to be a public face.

Maybe it's the natural evolution of the tabloids that come out of the US where Hollywood celebrities have zero privacy and every action is reported on. Or maybe it's just a side effect of Social Media where people are so willing to give up every bit of information about themselves and their lives that if you DON'T make everything public, then you must be hiding something.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, The_russian said:

Or the internal workings of a privately owned company isn't our business and they don't owe us an explanation for their internal decisions and how they run their company, but sure you do you. 

Drama sells!

37 minutes ago, Arika S said:

entitled to know things

Gossip is a powerful drug, thats why you see daytime tv shows and tabloids.

11 hours ago, GougedKirby522 said:

I think Linus mentioned in 'Upgrading our worst gaming rigs' that at the time Lloyd had just passed his probation, they do this to stop the audience (us) getting attached to some on-screen personality just for them to either leave or be let go in the first month or so. After the first month I think they are allowed on camera, for example one of Colin's first videos was that all wish pc build in which his voice was changed and his face blurred  

i know, i've been watching Linus since 2010-11 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

8 hours ago, Arika S said:

skimmed over this and read it as "Berkel who was into recycling" and thought, what a weird reason to leave.

haha, no, he's intro private video editing these days i think, he and dennis used to be inseparable 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

18 hours ago, GougedKirby522 said:

If thats the case

Its cheaper to boot them just before the probation period ends, a total prick move TBH. But maybe they are told what will happen to them when they sign up.

15 hours ago, Orange1 said:

Drama sells!

Gossip is a powerful drug, thats why you see daytime tv shows and tabloids.

Because of how? Linus doesn't make videos of people, he makes them of tech. The presenters, or other people in front of camera aren't important, so any drama is actually bad for them since it usually drives audience away. I for one wouldn't want to see LTT turned into fake scripted Vlog channel as some channels have done.

31 minutes ago, Orange1 said:

f thats the case

Its cheaper to boot them just before the probation period ends, a total prick move TBH. But maybe they are told what will happen to them when they sign up.

Again, not making any sense there. Probation is common (and might be even said in Canadian workers laws). We have similar. In LMG its 3 moths I think. Yes, its cheaper for company to terminate contract within that period as it can be quick and they don't need to pay severance. But its also easier for employee if they don't feel like company is right place. Otherwise you would need to announce it 1+ months in advance (again, depends on contracts and laws), and they might be held accountable for certain things. Like not being able to accept job in competing company etc.

All of these are certainly not about getting some juice to business. LMG is not in that kind of field of entertainment. Its also (probation for example) easier for them to eliminate threads like this, discussing about someone who audience gets attached because they are only hired as temporary help (Justin from moving vlogs).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

13 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Again, not making any sense there. Probation is common (and might be even said in Canadian workers laws). We have similar. In LMG its 3 moths I think

Not going to defend orange as he phrased things in a dick way, but the "probation" period (Linus has explained it) is going to be largely alien to the US audeince.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

41 minutes ago, Video Beagle said:

Not going to defend orange as he phrased things in a dick way, but the "probation" period (Linus has explained it) is going to be largely alien to the US audeince.

Well, that would explain things. And I guess Linus' way of explaining it isn't helpful either.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I miss Max.

She was funny and goofy and (no offense to anyone else at LMG) some fresh air of technological illiteracy in the LMG team. 

EDIT:// Oh and breathe some life into channel superfun, it was a nice way to see the LMG team in a more natural manner and not always in scripted videos. 

22 hours ago, Orange1 said:

If thats the case

BC law states that they can let someone go without payment that would be payed out after that time period if they got the boot. I think?