Windows 10 Redesign Imminent - "Sun Valley" Slated for 2021

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

I did too.  They were at one time, but my data may be old.

Not only the data may be old, but age wise old yes. Video drivers have tracking?

7 minutes ago, Orange1 said:

Not only the data may be old, but age wise old yes. Video drivers have tracking?

So the data is not correct? Nvidia now releases driver source?  The statement that there was tracking (which as used implied data collection) was made by someone else. It strikes me as unlikely, but I don’t know whether it is actually impossible or not.  I have no knowledge of such but that means little.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Apparently Nvidia does too. 

If you mean nouveau that driver is written by independent dev's with miniscule help from nvidia. So calling it nvidia's open source driver is quite a bit of an overstatement.....

10 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

If you mean nouveau that driver is written by independent dev's with miniscule help from nvidia. So calling it nvidia's open source driver is quite a bit of an overstatement.....

No, I googled it and it said nvidia open source driver for unix... But, I made a mistake because I didn't see its for "nForce", obviously super old hw lol, my bad. 

So yeah that driver you mentioned seems to be the only current nvidia "open source" thing 🤔 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Orange1 said:

As far I know GFE has data collection, if the normal standard driver has this idk, but from my point of view you kinda need GFE if you want to record videos and such. 

You also need an account, which is pretty scummy, but nothings free as they say... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 10/29/2020 at 6:25 AM, NotTheFirstDaniel said:

Summary

Windows 10 codename "Cobalt" is rumored to bring a long awaited refresh to the design of Windows, codenamed "Sun Valley". This update is expected to "modernize" the Start Menu, Action Center, and the File Explorer. I have no idea what the hell Microsoft's definition of "modernize" is this year, seeing as in 2001 their definition for "modernize" was Fisher Price, but this update is expected to come out by Holiday 2021 if all goes well. 

This development comes shortly after Panos Panay (Head of Surface) was appointed to also be in charge of Windows Experiences. Will this be the update that finally ties everything together? Probably not.

Quotes

My thoughts

As hinted above, yes I don't believe this will solve anything. Microsoft has had a track record of changing their design language at what seems like a roll of the dice, and look where that's landed us. Now what we'll have is Win9x/XP designed applications, Pre-WinRT/8 designed applications, WinRT/8 designed applications, Pre-Win10 Fluent Design, Win10 Fluent Design, and finally this new Neo-Fluent Design or whatever the hell they call it all on one system. Great for a timepiece, bad for OCD.

We may have our first glances on what this new UI will look like though, Windows 10X. <Speculation> The Action Center is most likely getting ported straight from 10X to Windows 10, and we may see the ability to center taskbar icons like in 10X. <\Speculation> Whatever this is, we should be sure that almost no app developer will adopt this new style, and Microsoft will quickly switch to another one.

Sources

Microsoft plans big Windows 10 UI refresh in 2021 codenamed 'Sun Valley' | Windows Central

I welcome the change, in my opinion, it makes it more fun and less boring.

My computer for gaming & work. AMD Ryzen 3600x with XFR support on - Arctic Cooling LF II - ASUS Prime X570-P - Gigabyte 5700XT - 32GB Geil Orion 3600 - Crucial P1 1TB NVME - Crucial BX 500 SSD - EVGA GQ 650w - NZXT Phantom 820 Gun Metal Grey colour - Samsung C27FG73FU monitor - Blue snowball mic - External best connectivity 24 bit/ 96khz DAC headphone amp -Pioneer SE-205 headphone - Focal Auditor 130mm speakers in custom sealed boxes - inPhase audio XT 8 V2 wired at 2ohm 300RMS custom slot port compact box - Vibe Audio PowerBox 400.1

Seems more minimalist design. It may help to improve responsiveness.