Dram+Nand price drop

Letgomyleghoe.

Summary

The market is still oversupplied so the price of nand flash and dram are predicted to go down about 10% in q4 2020.

HXCpAYYx8praFcw4_thm.jpg

Quotes

The memory market is expected to remain in a state of oversupply during Q4 2020 for both DRAM and NAND flash according to a new report from TrendForce. This oversupply will mean ~10% lower prices for memory in Q4 2020 with further price drops in 2021, this will result in falling SSD prices of 10-15%.

My thoughts

I know this isn't a really exciting news compared to all the new launches but lower prices for the same product are better prices and who knows if this persists maybe things will be dirt cheap by the time I build my computer.

Sources

https://www.techpowerup.com/273526/ssd-prices-expected-to-fall-10-15-in-q4-2020

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

19 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

affordable TLC 4tb nvme when

I don’t think 4TB NVME will drop anywhere below $400-500 in the next few years.

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh

I mean yey for sure to see prices continue dropping. Don't forget that quality type of NAND is the reason too. There's no SLC on consumer side for a very long time, not even MLC as of late with newest and fastest drives. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Sorry, kind of a storage noob here, but are there chances of this affecting SSD prices for consumers?

I have been eyeing a 1TB SATA SSD for my laptop that I want to buy around December. Would be nice to see it be a little more cheaper.

3 hours ago, TrigrH said:

affordable TLC 4tb nvme when

I'd be happy with QLC. I'd see 320MB/sec once SLC cache was used, and since the SLC is writen to at the same time as QLC...the initial transfer times would actually be still quite good. Extrapolating from my Crucial P1 (it flogs my OCZ SSD with MLC nand in endurance if theoretically cut to 240GB).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

when I remember what I had to pay for my ram and SSD. looks like the time to upgrade now

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

59 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

I'd be happy with QLC. I'd see 320MB/sec once SLC cache was used, and since the SLC is writen to at the same time as QLC...the initial transfer times would actually be still quite good. Extrapolating from my Crucial P1 (it flogs my OCZ SSD with MLC nand in endurance if theoretically cut to 240GB).

If it can't handle 1.5-2GB/s + after cache I'm not interested.  Same if the write rating is less than 500TB which should be easily doable with a 4TB drive

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

8 hours ago, ewitte said:

If it can't handle 1.5-2GB/s + after cache I'm not interested.  Same if the write rating is less than 500TB which should be easily doable with a 4TB drive

You do realise just how much you need to copy even to a 1TB QLC SSD before the cache is exhausted, due to how SSD with cache write? Either way - a 4TB QLC SSD will be leagues ahead of a HDD even with the cache exhausted, and still faster than some MLC and TLC SATA SSD after they've exhausted their cache.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

might get some 3600 cl16. eventhough I cant use 3600mhz, I can have some nicer memory for when I can get a amd setup.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

39 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

might get some 3600 cl16. eventhough I cant use 3600mhz, I can have some nicer memory for when I can get a amd setup.

On your profile it says that this is due to some bios restriction. Would you mind to explain? Like does it just not have an option above 2400mhz?

AMD blackout rig

7 minutes ago, Gundar said:

On your profile it says that this is due to some bios restriction. Would you mind to explain? Like does it just not have an option above 2400mhz?

intel b series is locked. in this case its 2400mhz for my i5 7400.

EDIT: Bassically, XMP is nonfuncial, and it only works at cpu stock max speed.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Gundar said:

His CPU+Motherboard do not support higher memory speed. It varies from generation, but Intel requires at least one of 1) a -K CPU, 2) a Z chipset motherboard for unrestricted XMP. In the latest couple gens I think there is no escaping the Z chipset.

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

intel b series is locked. in this case its 2400mhz for my i5 7400.

Lol forgot that intel had the thing where only z zeries boards get all the overclocking.

AMD blackout rig

Just now, Gundar said:

Lol forgot that intel had the thing where only z zeries boards get all the overclocking.

which is why I want to get a ryzen system lol

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

which is why I want to get a ryzen system lol

Probably wont overclock much as its probably not worth going past upping he pbo limits unless you get a pretty good chip and can hit an all core of like 4.5/4.6 and well memory doesn't go past 3800 on the best chips for current gen which to be fair is like almost twice what you have right now.

AMD blackout rig