People who buy from scalpers

Jet_ski

Do people who are paying double for Nvidia FE graphics cards know that they aren’t getting any warranty? Nvidia explicitly says the warranty is non-transferable from the original buyer. Other OEMs ask for the invoice.

Do they not enforce this policy? How are the AIBs handling it?

Just now, Jet_ski said:

Do people who are paying double for Nvidia FE graphics cards know that they aren’t getting any warranty? Nvidia explicitly says the warranty is non-transferable from the original buyer. Other OEMs ask for the invoice.

If they're paying 2x MSRP on ebay I think they've got enough money to not care.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

There's no way nvidia can enforce that. There's literally no way they can tell that wouldn't break laws.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

its very easy to inspect element any "order made page" to be whatever item you need it to be (and some fake receipt websites exist). Most times the manufacturer doesn't look up the order number unless they are smaller to make sure its real so its really not as issue if you really needed to go to that measure. and some stores the manufacturer doesn't have the power to check order numbers, so Amazon they can. a place like BB where BB buys and sells the card Nvidia cant look that up. 

but if you are knowing buying a card for double the price I don't you really care about warranty Id assume they can just buy a new one lol. I don't think its the broke people buying them. 

6 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

Surely Nvidia can look up orders on thier own store.

And taking into count all the cards have serial numbers they CAN track them if they put in the effort...

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

3 hours ago, Jet_ski said:

Sounds like you haven’t been able to get an ampere card, am I right? 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

4 hours ago, Jumballi said:

There's no way nvidia can enforce that. There's literally no way they can tell that wouldn't break laws.

Well, they can. They ask for proof of purchase when you make a claim/register. If your receipt is "some dude on ebay", you ain't covered.

Scalper or used, what's the difference? AFAIK if you have the receipt, that's enough, heck, as long as the product is younger then the warranty period, many manufactures don't care about purchase proof at all, as it should be.

13 minutes ago, TehDwonz said:

Well, they can. They ask for proof of purchase when you make a claim/register. If your receipt is "some dude on ebay", you ain't covered.

Unless the scalper sends you their proof of purchase, even if it has a name, they don't have the right to deny me sending my cousin's card for warranty.

7 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Sounds like you haven’t been able to get an ampere card, am I right? 

Nope. I have a couple of 3090s. Need 6 more to be done with the Quad Tesla V100 setup.

I don't think anyone who frecuents these forums would buy a scalped card.

I doubt there are too many scalpers selling at what they are asking.

Also non tranferable warrenty shouldn't exist but that's a whole different issue.

There should just be a law against scalping just like how ticket scalping is technically forbidden.

Sure it'll still happen, but you could prevent sales on websites

People buying from scalpers - I hope you're happy for enabling this behavior.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x