Indian Government a competitor to the Play Store?

5 hours ago, LAwLz said:

With the Indian government banning apps left and right I would not be surprised if this was just another plan for them to gain more control over their citizens.

Why have to deal with middle-men like Google and Apple when they can just own the marketplace and have things banned by themselves? 

only nothing ever good happens here, its gonna be half backed and be atleast a decade old tech even if implemented it, they started something called UPI and released a govt based payment app that's suppose to send money or receive to any bank account but it looked like someone from 2005 has designed the god forsaken app, it wasn't until google pay and amazon  and few other 3 party apps took over and released alternative UPI apps did the tech ever really take off in India, so Indian govt trying to make an alternative play store will be definitely be a dumpster fire until a 3rd party will take over and at that point we'll have too many app store unnecessarily. it will still get a lot of praises due to the political nature here buts its all smoke and mirrors. Jammu and Kashmir still don't have the internet as its still cut off there by the order of our fascist Prime Minister. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

and just as i predicted 

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/news/paytm-mini-app-store-launch-portal-google-play-indian-developers-30-percent-tax-2305201

now everyone and their kitchen sink will start to integrate their own app store. gg indian govt. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

1 hour ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

now everyone and their kitchen sink will start to integrate their own app store. gg indian govt. 

I think is both funny and could seriously become a reality, as I thought about it people in this country are like that. But, when you even try to talk something tech related they always bring up "My Ph0n3 has 64 Gigs of R4M"

4 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

Jammu and Kashmir still don't have the internet

Talk about the 4G network speeds of India at just 1 Mbps when the stars align ! TRAI needs so serious re-building from the ground up, I think. They should have proper laws, that would prevent such false advertising by *insert name of Indian Mega Corp. that funds political parties and then makes profit, when the party is in power* and many other network providers. They should also make laws that limit how many users a network provider can have on a set range of spectrum. Most of the service providers in India have too many users, and hence their network spectrum is overcrowded even when they have gud coverage.

On 10/1/2020 at 1:54 PM, Yatharth Shah said:

Apple's app stores.

Over Apples dead body.  LOL

Apple will NOT allow a 3rd party App Store on their phones. So India might be screwed. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

As an Indian, all I can tell is no one except the political fans of the current government are going to try this shit.

The current government has already made tons of apps that are not so popular outside of those circles, and there's no possibility of them making a better product than the playstore.

If massive tech companies like Samsung fail to make good app stores, I don't see how the Indian government (hell, any government) can make a better service considering the fact that every government around the world is know for being decades behind in terms of tech, and the Indian government is no better.

Ultimately, unless they go full CCP, I or anyone I know won't be installing that pile of shit.

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Over Apples dead body.  LOL

Apple will NOT allow a 3rd party App Store on their phones. So India might be screwed. 

Not willingly anyway.  There’s still that lawsuit.  I doubt epic will win though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

18 hours ago, Justaphysicsnerd said:

Talk about the 4G network speeds of India at just 1 Mbps when the stars align ! TRAI needs so serious re-building from the ground up, I think. They should have proper laws, that would prevent such false advertising by *insert name of Indian Mega Corp. that funds political parties and then makes profit, when the party is in power* and many other network providers. They should also make laws that limit how many users a network provider can have on a set range of spectrum. Most of the service providers in India have too many users, and hence their network spectrum is overcrowded even when they have gud coverage.

I think you have missed some big events in India.

Jammu and Kashmir aren't without Internet because the infrastructure isn't there. They have infrastructure. It's just that it is shut down by the Indian government.

I'll try to not get too political but it's hard with these topics. 

In 1947, both India and Pakistan claimed to own the land where Jammu and Kashmir was located. They could not agree on where their countries borders were located. India claims they own Jammu and Kashmir, and Pakistan says they own it. China plays a minor roll in the conflict too because in 1959, Pakistan claimed that some Chinese maps showed land belonging to Pakistan as being part of China. In 1963 Pakistan and China came to an agreement which parts of the world belonged to Pakistan and which belonged to China. Basically, they were not in agreement where the country borders were but they came to an agreement. However, some of the land China said "okay, this belongs to Pakistan" was in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.

So Pakistan and China says it belongs to Pakistan, and India says it belongs to them. As a result, there have been war in the area for decades.

Since 1989, Kashmir have hade major protests against the Indian government because Kashmir want to choose which country they want to belong to (or be independent) and have the wars ended. As a response to these protests, India has sent in armed troops and shut off any communication Kashmir have had with the outside word.

Kashmir isn't without Internet because their infrastructure is poor. They are without Internet because the Indian government do not want them to be able to communicate with the outside word.

The majority of all people in Kashmir (more specifically, Kashmir valley where the conflict is) do not want to be ruled by the Indian government though according to a poll. 90% of people who voted in the poll (which was conducted by an Indian newspaper) wanted independence.

This conflict has resulted in an estimated 60,000 deaths and as as a result, it is a highly emotionally and politically charged subject.

7 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Not willingly anyway.  There’s still that lawsuit.  I doubt epic will win though.

The Epic lawsuit won't effect what happens in India, probably. While India is a large market for them, with Apple's pricing, I doubt they do very well over there in terms of sales. A lot of the things I have read suggest Android devices do much better in developing countries, probably due to the cost as many of those nations have lower wages. So for Apple, while there are like a billion people there, they probably do better else where. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

I think you have missed some big events in India.

Jammu and Kashmir aren't without Internet because the infrastructure isn't there. They have infrastructure. It's just that it is shut down by the Indian government.

I know that ! I was mocking how even on the so called 4g networks you can barely get 1 megabyte per second speeds when you even have excellent coverage.  PS : I live in a small country whose name you might not know, it starts with I. So please don't tell me, ok ?