Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
26 minutes ago, ZROCK said:

just an opinion. doesnt have to be justified

That's a terrible argument but nevermind

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

3 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

That's a terrible argument but nevermind

not an argument. just an opinion...

2 hours ago, ZROCK said:

not an argument. just an opinion...

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/argument

Merriam would like to argue that incorrect statement. 😄

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

7 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/argument

Merriam would like to argue that incorrect statement. 😄

There were no points to support my opinion, there was no reasoning, just expressing a single point of view without reason. I appreciate your enthusiasm and initiative to go look up the definition of an argument but it appears you didn't even read it. The only argument at this point is whether or not my non-argument is an argument- which it isn't... ;)

non-political and non-offensive huh?
F-14 Tomcat is leagues better than F/A-18 Hornet

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"
If my comment helped you please mark it as solution. Refresh before you reply, I edit comments often.

Current PC Spec
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5
Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk
RAM: XPG D10 White 2x8GB 3200 CL16
GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC
Storages: 1x512GB Intel 760P M.2 NVME(boot drive)
1x2TB Umax M1500 Gen4 M.2 NVME(Game storage)
1x1TB Adata SU800 Ultiamte 2.5 inch Sata3 SSD(Game storage)
1x3TB Toshiba 7200RPM CMR drive
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850
Keyboard: Ducky Zero 3108 Cherry MX red
Mouse: Logitech G603 LightSpeed
Headphone: Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
Microphone: AVerMedia AM310
Flight stick: Thrustmaster T16000M FCS 3 pack

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Value: $308
  • Games owned: 229
  • Games played: 163 (71%)
  • Hours on record: 4,976.9h

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Video game) is actually really good

The GT 1030 is a decent GPU, actually.

No amount of ultra setting benchmark is going to change my mind.

On the subject of low end cards, even the outdated GT 710 can play Unreal Tournament, therefore they still count as a gaming GPU

11 minutes ago, Herrscher of Whatever said:

The GT 1030 is a decent GPU, actually.

No amount of ultra setting benchmark is going to change my mind.

On the subject of low end cards, even the outdated GT 710 can play Unreal Tournament, therefore they still count as a gaming GPU

The1030 gddr5 is a useful card. It’s the gddr4 one that isn’t.  It’s just too bandwidth limited. The only thing it’s good for these days is sticking on AMD chips or intel f chips that have no dGPU. The average dGPU these days is actually faster.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

14 hours ago, Morris_lee_9116 said:

non-political and non-offensive huh?
F-14 Tomcat is leagues better than F/A-18 Hornet

Not according to sortie availability rates, maneuverability, maintenance hours per flight hour, and cost of maintenance per flight hour....but sure.  In a pure vacuum without visual-arena dogfighting via guns, F-14 is way mo betta.

48 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The1030 gddr5 is a useful card. It’s the gddr4 one that isn’t.  It’s just too bandwidth limited. The only thing it’s good for these days is sticking on AMD chips or intel f chips that have no dGPU. The average dGPU these days is actually faster.

The DDR4 variants are basically a relic of 2019 and RAM shortages, and unfortunately they are probably still there.

But they still can play UT, so it still counts

47 minutes ago, Herrscher of Whatever said:

The DDR4 variants are basically a relic of 2019 and RAM shortages, and unfortunately they are probably still there.

But they still can play UT, so it still counts

There might’ve afewreally old like haswell or earlier vintage intel iGPUs that would produce a faster frame rate with a gddr4 1030.  They might be useful on one of those.  Basically if you’ve got even a late model lower end iGP it will play games faster without it than with it. Myself I kinda want to see what would happen if you put gddr6x on a 1030. Make that bandwidth limit go away.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, IPD said:

Not according to sortie availability rates, maneuverability, maintenance hours per flight hour, and cost of maintenance per flight hour....but sure.  In a pure vacuum without visual-arena dogfighting via guns, F-14 is way mo betta.

Is and isn’t. Imho the f-18 was a political decision rather than a military one.  The problem with the f14 is it was known as “the starship”. The thing is huge.  Also it got bad press when it came out because it’s swing wings didn’t have enough oomph to deploy in flightlikethey were supposed to. You could move them backward but not forward.   Alike thing because the thing was so fat it couldn’t take off without them.  The f14 had bad politics attached to it. The f-18 didn’t. Peacetime aircraft always suck though. Look at the aircobra.  Peacetime aircraft are meant to look good on paper and threaten people with, while not actually costing much to run. Multi role aircraft win out in peacetime.  The aircobra looked amazing on paper and oils do everything.  It just couldn’t do any of it very well.  It’s big gun was big, but too low velocity to be useful.  It could dogfight, but it wasn’t good at it.  It made great paperwork though.

Edited by Bombastinator

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Is and isn’t. Imho the f-18 was a political decision rather than a military one.  The problem with the f14 is it was known as “the starship”. The thing is huge.  Also it got bad press when it came out because it’s swing wings didn’t have enough oomph to deploy in flightlikethey were supposed to. You could move them backward but not forward.   Alike thing because the thing was so fat it couldn’t take off without them.  The f14 had bad politics attached to it. The f-18 didn’t. Peacetime aircraft always suck though. Look at the aircobra.  Peacetime aircraft are meant to look good on paper and threaten people with, while not actually costing much to run. Multi role aircraft win out in peacetime.  The aircobra looked amazing on paper and oils do everything.  It just couldn’t do any of it very well.  It’s big gun was big, but too low velocity to be useful.  It could dogfight, but it wasn’t good at it.  It made great paperwork though.

True.  And McNamara and his wiz-kids didn't help matters by shoveling the F-111 into service, which was even worse than the F-14.

The legacy F-18's problem though isn't capability, but rather thrust/weight ratio.  It's not like its pedigree wasn't excellent to begin with--the F5 was (and still is) a fantastic plane.  But the Navy--being the Navy--decided to go their own way with the F18 (previously the YF17), rather than adopting the F16 as the primary carrier fighter.  Of course, the F16 has gone one to become one of the best fighter jets ever built--and has been in service with more countries than you can shake a stick at.

P.S.

The P-38 was a peacetime aircraft.  It didn't get all the glory of the P51 or P47 even...but it was what we had when we needed it, and it did a bang-up job.

On 2/19/2022 at 6:33 PM, Marko1600 said:

Jojo's bizarre adventures

This one was decent, and repetitive =/= bad. Like Phineas and Ferb. I can't say they are all bad or good, but JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, was amusing. It was serious, but it also wasn't afraid to make fun of itself for its seriousness. It was extreme in every sense, the men were all exaggerated, the women were all like 2ft tall, the reactions were also kinda over the top, but it also had stuff like blood and gore to justify the reactions.

I don't get why people are stingy about Netflix cracking down on account sharers? (read they're going to be more strict)

That was always against the rules, bruh. No need for a Ph. D. in business and/or ethics. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Cross-media franchises should be banned. Maybe just because I like your intellectual property as a video game doesn't mean I want to read your subpar for-profit fan-fiction in either prose or comic form to get more out of it. And no, those also don't count as narrative fixes you get to retcon in because your story didn't make sense in the primary medium.

Adaptation is one thing, that's perfectly fine. But don't continue a story you started in a TV-show as a series of self-indulgent prog-rock concept albums and don't require of me to visit your Broadway show if I want to know what happens next in your book. If you want to express yourself in a different medium than what made you famous, be creative enough to come up with something new. Don't coast on past successes and expect me to follow you. Nothing drops my interest in a property faster than learning that a different medium now also has an entry that requires me to experience it if I want to get future references. 

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

• 2 weeks later...

Unironically digging the Comic Sans. 

*equips flame shield*

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

9 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

*equips flame shield*

WTF is up with the forum font, and HTF do I disable this shit?

2 minutes ago, IPD said:

You wait for it to no longer be April Fools day.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

2 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

You wait for it to no longer be April Fools day.

So it's like "Artisanal Sounds" in Star Trek Online?

3 hours ago, IPD said:

disable fonts. 🙂 🙃

13 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

*equips flame shield*

Me too!

13 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

*equips flame shield*

Honestly, I kinda like it too. Though I acknowledge it may get old fast if it sticks around too long.

On 3/15/2022 at 11:48 PM, IPD said:

True.  And McNamara and his wiz-kids didn't help matters by shoveling the F-111 into service, which was even worse than the F-14.

The legacy F-18's problem though isn't capability, but rather thrust/weight ratio.  It's not like its pedigree wasn't excellent to begin with--the F5 was (and still is) a fantastic plane.  But the Navy--being the Navy--decided to go their own way with the F18 (previously the YF17), rather than adopting the F16 as the primary carrier fighter.  Of course, the F16 has gone one to become one of the best fighter jets ever built--and has been in service with more countries than you can shake a stick at.

P.S.

The P-38 was a peacetime aircraft.  It didn't get all the glory of the P51 or P47 even...but it was what we had when we needed it, and it did a bang-up job.

F14 was designed to defend against an enemy that never materialized. The F18, compromises aside, was.

Ditto on the F16. And the strike eagle F15 package did more than prove its lethality.

Using "OG" as an abbreviation for "original" is stupid. "OG" is an initialism for "original gangster". Calling the Xbox "the OG Xbox" only makes you look like an uninformed fool who just repeats whatever you've heard without looking up what it means.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█