which video are you watching right now?

TheCoverUp
5 hours ago, sub68 said:

The description of petrified wood made me think of stabwood.  It’s wood soaked in polymer resin in a vacuum.  used for high end e-cigarettes and isn’t cheap, but might be cheaper that what is described.  Sort of a mid-grade.  It’s harder than many hardwoods, but cheaper than some of the really hard exotics like ironwood.  It also sinks like ironwood. Also thinking of hard but really cheap things.  What about traditional Formica? It’s paper soaked in Bakelite so less brittle than just Bakelite but still a bit brittle) and set on particleboard. It’s the goto countertop material for US apartment buildings.  It’s incredibly tough.  It’s only downfall is it can’t take  high heat and someone always eventually sets a hot pan on it. At least it burns rather than melts like a lot of countertop material. Even old school chip board is pretty hard.  Still see some electrical boxes made of that.  It can be cast.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

I keep on wanting to watch this guys videos and I keep on not being able to handle more than 30 seconds or so.  Don’t know why.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, Murasaki said:

found this in my favourites and rewatched it.. damn

more a rant for him.

the USB/port issue I think it has some BIOS updates for it, but then he starts mentioned it...

Also most of the ryzen motherboards that support USB flashing of BIOS which might be a thing on this not a new CPU.

But yes, this is my biggest gripe with the current ryzen dilemma that isn't talked too much on tech review channels.

and so much unnecessary purchasing, oof.

with more amazon nonsense, nice. Good I never buyed from them, "pay for more deals and get less" with "lets scam you with our 'estimated price' for your pleasure". To better standards/protections that likely should be, and better problem solving, to generic problem codes in windows and the need for online support and using their services, but never using it when you don't know what the problem is or given any reason for an error. thank god for the future of more added steps in this process and horror of hardware and software conflicts to a mess.

6 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

I found the riscV thing very enlightening.  A lot of arguments against riscV seem to talk about how riscV isn’t actually any better than other stuff.  And a lot of arguments for it attempt to go straight against that.  This is saying it’s not about that.  RiscV could be not that great and still do well because the issue isn’t about the tech.  It’s about the legal environment that tech lives in.  There seems to be an argument that risc is the future. It may not eat x86 though so much as the possibility that it will eat ARM. Again, not because it’s a better design, but because it’s even more accessable than ARM is.  I’ve heard people say such things but they didn’t quite make sense the way they seem to do with that background.  The question though is is any of what was said misleading or wrong?  I don’t know.

knew there was something I didn't like about certain electric cars.

thanks to donut to explaining some of it. brakes being vastly different now and "perform differently".

more to look into and even more in future cars. uugh, at least there is some improvements just not another "max plane" like incident but in other vehicles sold in masses.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

19 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

knew there was something I didn't like about certain electric cars.

thanks to donut to explaining some of it. brakes being vastly different now and "perform differently".

more to look into and even more in future cars. uugh, at least there is some improvements just not another "max plane" like incident but in other vehicles sold in masses.

This is crap.  

I’m not even old enough to believe the things about cars he is saying.

electronic fuel injection WILL happen?! Dude it happened in the sixties.  Both cars I learned to drive in had electronic fuel injection.  And that was the 80’s.

Electric windows?  Really?!  Can you even BUY a car with roll up windows these days?
 Everything that was MOTOR POWERED has to be electric.  Most such stuff has been for many years though.  Wipers since the 50’s for example.

the meat of this one seems to be about brakes though.

Brakes themselves were NEVER motor powered.  They were hydraulic.  “Power brakes” were power assisted brakes.  Having a car that can’t stop without the motor running is illegal.  a car would still brake if there was no power because the pump wasn’t spinning Electricity powered power assisted brakes have been a thing since the 80’s though.  Pioneered I think on race cars because they were weighed less.  Moved to domestic cars because they were cheaper.  Might you not get quite as much assist out of an electric system as a motor driven system? Probably. Some. But even if the battery in your car is fricking  dead, the hydraulics are still there.  Also the brakes are seperate from the energy recovery system which ICE cars don’t have.  My car has a thing calle e-pedal.  I basically don’t use the actual brakes at all, though they’re there. If I take my foot off the accelerator the recovery system kicks in AMD brakes the car.  Is good for about 95% of braking needs.  Actual brakes still work though. 

HOW does someone that much younger than me have 1960’s views about automobiles? Smells to me like electric cars make him sad because his business is oriented around high performance gasoline cars and electric cars could hurt it so he’s making excuses.  More people with vested interests pretending they don’t.  

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Brakes themselves were NEVER motor powered.  They were hydraulic.  “Power brakes” were power assisted brakes.  a car would still brake if there was no power because the pump wasn’t spinning Electricity powered power assisted brakes have been a thing since the 80’s though.  Pioneered I think on race cars because they were cheaper and weighed less.  Might you not get quite as much assist out of an electric system as a motor driven system? Probably. Some. But even if the battery in your car is fricking  dead, the hydraulics are still there.  Also the brakes are seperate from the energy recovery system which ICE cars don’t have.  My car has a thing calle e-pedal.  I basically don’t use the actual brakes at all, though they’re there. If I take my foot off the accelerator the recovery system kicks in AMD brakes the car.  Is good for about 95% of braking needs.  Actual brakes still work though. 

not sure if he already mentioned some of that.

maybe I confused some of it, but the feeling is a different thing again.

19 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

not sure if he already mentioned some of that.

maybe I confused some of it, but the feeling is a different thing again.

He did.  The thing spins as “electric cars are bad” though. He does say eventually that Electric cars have the same kind of brakes as ICE cars they just have both kinds.  It’s hammocked though.  

There is a difference between misleading and lying and the misleading here is subtle.  Crap is still crap though. “Contains crap” perhaps?

for electric only brakes to even happen the law would have to be changed, and I don’t think it will be for a very very long time.  He seems to be lobbying for both “electric cars are bad” and “give us electric only brakes”. Both are desires of some big car companies.

Edited by Bombastinator

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

He did.  The thing spins as “electric cars are bad” though. He does say eventually that Electric cars have the same kind of brakes as ICE cars they just have both kinds.  It’s hammocked though. 

There is a difference between misleading and lying and the misleading here is subtle.  Crap is still crap though.

Although my issue that car manifactures can make the brakes into a "crap" feeling and kind of dangerous, but would likely be pushed with autopilot instead of driver input. making the driver inputs more and more horrible to use?

12 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Although my issue that car manifactures can make the brakes into a "crap" feeling and kind of dangerous, but would likely be pushed with autopilot instead of driver input. making the driver inputs more and more horrible to use?

There are road feel issues that I notice.  I used to have a 2008 GTI which was a pretty mechanical car geared towards performance.  I now have a used 2019 leaf (sort of the opposite of a performance car) do find I have an issue with speeding in my new car because it’s so quiet. It also accelerates harder from a stop.   My old ICE car would make a lot of engine noise at high speed and my new one doesn’t. I find I’m going 45 in 25s sometimes. I need to alter my perceptions. Not the car’s fault though. It is an altogether “squishier” vehicle.  I chalk that up to the different performance type of car though not the electronicness. Doughnut is a performance car channel. I can see how a supercar might run out the performance envelope of some electrical systems.  The suspension, brakes, and steering are all the same sorts of systems that would be used on an ICE car though. Even on the decidedly non performance car I now have.

10 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

There are road feel issues that I notice.  I used to have a 2008 GTI which was a pretty mechanical car geared towards performance.  I now have a used 2019 leaf (sort of the opposite of a performance car) do find I have an issue with speeding in my new car because it’s so quiet. It also accelerates harder from a stop.   My old ICE car would make a lot of engine noise at high speed and my new one doesn’t. I find I’m going 45 in 25s sometimes. I need to alter my perceptions. Not the car’s fault though. 

yeah, and I have noticed a lot more speeding with most electric cars and sometimes have the same issues or downhill.

Atleast it has regenerative braking as kind of the gears for el cars, but is not teached much about. (maybe now or soon it might).

the acceleration is sometimes a pain, when from 20 to 60 in no time with barely any touch and has to slow down to 40/50 again, just not get caught speeding from this issue.

Sometimes I wish there was some simulated speed zones with much finer controls, custom controls and easier time following the speed limit, that would make it a lot easier to balance it. (should be easy to do in electric cars or kind of) Although those regen brakes might do some of that.

F@H

GPD Win 2