You don't deserve this monitor. - ASUS PG259Q 360Hz Monitor

James

Buy 240Hz monitors on Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/BGYuD

You thought 240Hz gaming monitors were fast? Meet the ASUS PG259QN, a 360HZ IPS gaming monitor with G-SYNC and HDR10. But is it a meaningful upgrade to the PG258Q…or a worthy opponent of the Samsung Odyssey G7?

12 minutes ago, James said:

You thought 240Hz gaming monitors were fast? Meet the ASUS PG259QN, a 360HZ IPS gaming monitor with G-SYNC and HDR10. But is it a meaningful upgrade to the PG258Q…or a worthy opponent of the Samsung Odyssey G7?

who needs that much of a monitor? 4K makes my eyes strain.

at 3:24 in the video what game is Colton playing please?

Ryzen 5 5600x, GTX 1070 Duel Asus OC Edition, 16gb ram, Asus Tuf Gaming x570-plus

why don't I just run 10 monitors at 36Hz?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I highly recommend the title card for anyone interested in this monitor. 100% unnecessary 

me_irl.png

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

37 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

I highly recommend the title card for anyone interested in this monitor. 100% unnecessary 

but turning 360 degrees makes you face the same direction -thonk- 🤔

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Will there be a second video on this?

It seemed a bit lacking since 360hz is such a huge technical improvement

Linus mentions at the end "can any game run 360hz" well, can it? I know CS:GO does, but Asus themselves are sponsoring Bugha to play fortnite on this, can that run at a consistent 360 fps on current gen hardware ?

On a side note, I'm surprised no-one noticed the 360hz monitor by virtue of it being IPS vs TN 

27 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

but turning 360 degrees makes you face the same direction -thonk- 🤔

No one said the "walk away" couldn't be a "moonwalk away"

fd1.gif

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I'm glad they started pointing their finger at pixel response time now, might make manufacturers do something about it

cant wait to see the OLED test, i dont really care about burn in of OLED, as long as i can see clearly while panning

I don't browse web on my main desktop anyways (niche market i know)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

3 hours ago, James said:

[..] or a worthy opponent of the Samsung Odyssey G7?

Might be my upgrade since Samsung purposefully lied about their Adaptive-Sync problems on the G7 where the screen flickers if Adaptive-Sync is enabled.

Samsung-support told me a driver was scheduled to be soon released by Nvidia fixing these problems. Turns out that was a huge lie as confirmed by Nvidia.
Either Samsung tries to fix this via a firmwareupdate (if possible) or they'll just flow with it and ignore the complains.

6 hours ago, James said:

Well done gents, solid vid. You mentioned everything ( bar 1) that people should know about the display and even explained the whole issue behind diminishing returns due to frame time.

A good blind test, though if any1 knew it was a IPS displays they could easily discount those TN panels from the color shift.

The pixel response section was good, i still prefer the statistical tests for Pixel response times (like those done by Tftcentral, rtings, and hardware unboxed), but the pursuit camera is good enough for a visual reference.

That one thing u missed out btw was panel uniformity. Black uniformity (BLB and IPS glow) is a significant aspect of a displays perceived quality. it would be ideal if u included a statistical test of the displays Uniformity in future display vidoes.

Im interested to see ur CX test and what u make of it. The CX with its BFI has a ridiculously clear moving image. From tests already done by other reviewers, i'd match it up against any 240hz display even though its 'only' 120hz.

Not only is it clear, it has no overshoot or image duplication (strobe crosstalk). Some 240hz Displays , mainly TN 'can' look sharper, BUT they suffer crosstalk and overshoot artifacts at the same time, not to mention they are TN so they look like ass.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

before I think about deserving or not deserving this monitior, first let me try to afford this.....

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."

On 8/31/2020 at 4:26 PM, SolarNova said:

Well done gents, solid vid. You mentioned everything ( bar 1) that people should know about the display and even explained the whole issue behind diminishing returns due to frame time.

A good blind test, though if any1 knew it was a IPS displays they could easily discount those TN panels from the color shift.

The pixel response section was good, i still prefer the statistical tests for Pixel response times (like those done by Tftcentral, rtings, and hardware unboxed), but the pursuit camera is good enough for a visual reference.

That one thing u missed out btw was panel uniformity. Black uniformity (BLB and IPS glow) is a significant aspect of a displays perceived quality. it would be ideal if u included a statistical test of the displays Uniformity in future display vidoes.

Im interested to see ur CX test and what u make of it. The CX with its BFI has a ridiculously clear moving image. From tests already done by other reviewers, i'd match it up against any 240hz display even though its 'only' 120hz.

Not only is it clear, it has no overshoot or image duplication (strobe crosstalk). Some 240hz Displays , mainly TN 'can' look sharper, BUT they suffer crosstalk and overshoot artifacts at the same time, not to mention they are TN so they look like ass.

Glad you like this one more. We'd love to get the quantitative tests like those other channels and have started looking around for the necessary equipment.

this will be good for osu though

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

• 4 weeks later...

I am torn on this. I managed to snag a pre-order on this for $700 CAD but I'm worried I won't see much difference over a 144Hz panel. 

What's the community opinion on how much difference the refresh speed makes, and on 1080P vs 1440P?

1 hour ago, Cat_Herder said:

I am torn on this. I managed to snag a pre-order on this for $700 CAD but I'm worried I won't see much difference over a 144Hz panel. 

What's the community opinion on how much difference the refresh speed makes, and on 1080P vs 1440P?

Unless you are an Esports gamer that can notice the difference between 144Hz and higher then I guess it's an okay buy (if you have the money). But from their tests in this video, you can see that it's hard to differentiate between the 144Hz panel and above when you are just a casual gamer.

1 hour ago, Cat_Herder said:

1080P vs 1440P?

Depends on what games you are playing. If like cinematic games that also benefit from high refresh rate then 1440p is a good choice. If you just want the high refresh rates, then get 1080.

You also have to think about if your computer can even take advantage of the full 360Hz. Think about your current set up and application, to determine if this would be worth your while.

• 1 month later...

really depends on the performance of your PC at the end of the day