To believe or not to believe... hoverboards may be coming faster than you thought!

Damikiller37

So I have been scrolling Facebook as per usual and this caught my attention. I have Tony Hawk liked on Facebook and he has posted a video of a 'REAL' working hoverboard and linked to this website LINK

The company called HUVr clams to have a working model of what we have always referred to as a hoverboard. The video shows Tony Hawk riding one of those beasts and Christopher Lloyd (actor that played "Doc" Emmett L. Brown in Back to the Future). There is very little know about this product so far but if this is real then I'm collecting money for one. This thing looks badass! What do you guys think of it? Do you think its legit? I sure hope so :)

Here is my take on the video especially. It may be true that you should take the video with a grain of salt and that the product show is just a vision or a concept which isn't showing a final product, however I highly doubt the company would pay both Tony Hawk and Christopher Lloyd to lie about the functionality of the device.The fact that Tony Hawk himself posted about it on Facebook and Twitter also would seem strange if it was fake to just lie to his pretty large audience. Well I guess all we can do is wish it's true and wait for more information. If it is true then I sure want to see this technology in cars or bikes :P

Also here is a small part from their 'Legal Terms' that would support my view on this product. So it is most likely a fake video of the real life stage of the product but doesn't mean that they are lying about it all.

The information, materials and services provided on or through this web site are provided "as is" without any warranties of any kind including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property. HUVr does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, materials or services provided on or through this web site. The information, materials and services provided on or through this web site may be out of date, and HUVr does not make any commitment or assume any duty to update such information, materials or services. The foregoing exclusions of implied warranties do not apply to the extent prohibited by law.

The more I look into this the more fake it seems. Looks like one of the team members of the HUVr is an actor: LINK

Update 1:

Looks like the HUVr team has responded to the 'top 3' questions that the audience had:

1. This may be the BIGGEST question we've been getting since our last FAQ! The HUVr doesn't work on water... yet! We're excited with some early tests we did that allow The HUVr to work on small bodies of water like a swimming pool. The HUVr 1 won't work on water though, sorry. We currently are working on plans for a "Pitbull" design!

2. Yes, we do have a professional actor named Nelson Cheng as our spokesman. Nelson is good friend and an even better spokesman!

3. This is not a promotional device for anything besides The HUVr!

Source: Facebook

My hopes are somewhat restored... I really do hope that they aren't lying!

Update 2:

All of those with sharp eyes can now rest aside... there is an important video posted by Tony Hawk that you can find HERE... the rest is explained there :P

This may also be quite interesting for some of you LINK

1258px-Troll_face.png

I think its fake, although I want to believe it. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

No way it's real

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Considering that it has only been reported on Facebook, and doesn't seem to be on any news sites, I am skeptical. It would be freaking awesome if it were true, but unfortunately I doubt it at the moment.

HTTP/2 203

Considering that it has only been reported on Facebook, and doesn't seem to be on any news sites, I am skeptical. It would be freaking awesome if it were true, but unfortunately I doubt it at the moment.

True but it would be a bit odd for the official Tony Hawk page ran by him to post something that was fake? Hard to say really :/

very much fake but it makes a good promo video

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Don't you think they're pretty high off the ground?

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

so fake, but still very good watch

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

if this is real then holy damn, i'd love one

doubt its real though

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

FAKE AND GAAAY

but no seriously, fake i aint falling for any more of these

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

It's fake.

Look at around 3:07 where the guy "hits" the ground to push himself.He doesn't actually touch the ground.

Here's a pic :

intSdFOQlWDHQ.png

I'm so sad ;_;

Why did I have to ruin it!

3xPms.gif

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

it's obviously fake because we dont have that kind of technology right now, but if you think it can be done just with "Magic" like linus say xD, put a iron sheet on the ground and an opposite magnet on the board and the game it's done 

Intel3570k  at  4.5ghz 1.300v  Noctua NH-D14    Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1   AsrockZ77 Extreme 6/TB4     Corsair8Gb vengeance memory    120GB Corsair Force SSD     1TB WD black      NZXT Switch 810

The funniest thing is the unplugged electric guitar at the end.

something

total bs, never trust actors.

it's obviously fake because we dont have that kind of technology right now, but if you think it can be done just with "Magic" like linus say xD, put a iron sheet on the ground and an opposite magnet on the board and the game it's done 

Well technically it would be possible when pushing air very hard out of the bottom of the board... but that would be incredibly loud ;D and a bit thicker though.

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

Well technically it would be possible when pushing air very hard out of the bottom of the board... but that would be incredibly loud ;D and a bit thicker though.

And very hot...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Obvious fake is obvious. They show tons of people never using their feet to provide the acceleration/motion of the board. That would mean the board has some type of propulsion system in it as well, which it obviously does. The board also goes way too high in the air for it to be feasible to use.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

My guess is that it's a hoax to build up hype for something. Maybe a charity event, considering that they got so much celebrities to help.

yes, but we can not levitate objects, like in back to the future :D

Intel3570k  at  4.5ghz 1.300v  Noctua NH-D14    Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1   AsrockZ77 Extreme 6/TB4     Corsair8Gb vengeance memory    120GB Corsair Force SSD     1TB WD black      NZXT Switch 810

Well I am no physicist.. Yet :P

I think its fake mostly for these facts: they claim to be MIT Master and Ph.D students and making all this research though I have not found any papers nor do they explain anything about the concept besides that "it has more technology in it than our satellites in 2010" which is not a valid thing to say especially if you are a scientist.. You can not talk about technology as a measurable quantity... Like my device has 2 grams of technology your has 1 gram :P Ok in laymans terms you could say that this has more technology than that but again it makes a cheesy impression on me...

Also the fact that it hovers instantly at quite a distance from the ground and at the same time nomatter who is using it (= men are heavier than women etc )

Also how does it accelerate? I saw someone using his feet.. ok it could just be for nostalgia reasons but I am almost certainly sure that the dragging force created when your foot frictions with the air is not enough to accelerate you and actually it cancels out ...

But it could accelerate on its own if one of the two disks (what ever they are supposed to do) turns to a slight angle so the force that it applies -in any way/form its supposed to apply it-  will not be perpendicular to the ground and thus creating a thrust power to accelerate the board

What I think as best case scenario is that these guys indeed have an idea to atleast partially allow those hoverboards to work (like on special stages etc) and need funding to realize this idea by intriguing us in such a way....

IF its true it has some groundbreaking concepts on it and if that was true the people involved in the development of this would actually receive a Nobel for the theoretical work long before the product release (and actually they would focus on more serious applicable scenarios for those ideas than just making a skateboard...)

So either the final (real) product will be something that uses magnets and will allow you hovering with it if you are on a stage that has magnets or it will have something to do with air propulsion of some sort or both.....

But the possibility of that being completely fake is plausible... On the other hand I think something else is behind it maybe not something we would guess but something cool for sure because too many people involved (among them credible actors and athletes) in a total fake video would be very strange and meaningless...

EDIT:  Ok  I dont know what is behind all this but these devices are surelly fake as hell I just watched the entire video they are too small too thin and too quite to have some sort of airpropulsion or hyperconductor mecanism on them and there are many cases that the hoverboard's disks direction is at a very big angle from the ground meaning that it either should stop hovering or that it should accelerating (as it hovers when the disks' direction is perpendicular to the ground) against that direction nothing happends though they just seem to float seemlessly.. also their movement does not seem to be affected by the geometry of the ground like when they try to go on the ramp it goes linearly and not in a curved fassion as it should.

First think I thought about

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

how do they film those scenes? awesome. its like gravity movie.