Poll: Where Do You Usually Buy Tech From?

Snapy1

Mines a bit of both, I shop at PCCaseGear. I "reserve" the items online and pick them up from the warehouse. (about a 15/30min drive away)

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

Mostly online from Newegg or Amazon, perhaps even go to eBay for even steeper pricing deals but very cautious about it (concerning RMA returns - it has to be brand new so the manufacturer will honor the purchase). I also live an hour from a Microcenter so either way which one offer the most deal.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

i go to a store because it's semi-near, and if its broken, you can just go straight back to the guy that sold you the thing in the first place.

I'm really curious,

I come from France, and I know that everything which is being sell in a store is at least 15/20% extra. I would never (I did it when i was young ... everyone make mistakes come on !) buy something going directly to the store, and I read a lot of people who does that. Another question come, is it the same in your country ?

Also it doesn't cost anything to ship if you don't mind waiting 1 week and having to go to a place in the city where you can pick it up. 

And most of the time, the shipping at your place will cost something like 10€, and if the amount is more than 100/200€, it would be free ! 

So what about you ? 

ps : sorry for my english !

If you live in France you should order from Germany because electronics are a lot cheaper there.

| CPU: i5-4460 | GPU: GTX 750Ti Twin Frozr | Motherboard: Asus H97M-Plus | Ram: 2x4gb Kinkston ValueRam | CPU Cooler: Rajintek Aidos | PSU: Corsair VS550 | Storage: Kingston SSDNOW V300 120gb & 1TB WD Blue | Case: Sharkoon T28 Red | Case coolers: 3 Cooler Master SickleFlow Red Led | 

| HP ProBook 650 G1 | i5-4200M | Ram: 4gb | 500gb HDD |

If you live in France you should order from Germany because electronics are a lot cheaper there.

i agree with this guy

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 w/Core i5 3210M and glorious HD 4000 Graphics

Buy online but pick up at the store? Since Umart does that. Plus it's cheaper to drive to the store than it is to have anything posted to me. That's some good logic I must admit.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

I'm really curious,

I come from France, and I know that everything which is being sell in a store is at least 15/20% extra. I would never (I did it when i was young ... everyone make mistakes come on !) buy something going directly to the store, and I read a lot of people who does that. Another question come, is it the same in your country ?

Also it doesn't cost anything to ship if you don't mind waiting 1 week and having to go to a place in the city where you can pick it up. 

And most of the time, the shipping at your place will cost something like 10€, and if the amount is more than 100/200€, it would be free ! 

So what about you ? 

In the UK so Overclockers UK and Scan.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

That's interesting !

i agree with this guy

Ow really ? I should keep that in mind ! Any german by here ? to tell me where I should look at ?

Directly at the store, you can even bargain the price (not sure about your store).

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Usually Amazon. They have competitive prices, no sales tax, 2-day shipping, awesome customer support, and I get an additional 5% off everything I buy there with my credit card. 

buy from the store .. at least can physically inspect the product , and if there is last minute changes , less hassle . 

Where is the Both Option? 

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

Here we go !

Thank you sir. 

I go where I get the best price and it varies depending where I am. I'm doing more Online here in San Antonio. When I was in Minneapolis I got a lot at Micro Center, in Phoenix and LA it was Frys. All of the retail locations I Price Match online stores to get the best price and get it instantly. 

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

i buy from amazon and microcenter (i live 30 minutes away from one) 

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

I raid the shops in search of very specific parts at the best prices...

I bought my keyboard online, second hand. My pc Parts in the store.

Offcourse I buy tech online, (Dutch) stores are worthless, every single one of them.

I'm really curious,

So what about you ?

we have a way around the 21% extra lol!

Offcourse I buy tech online, (Dutch) stores are worthless, every single one of them.

Where ? :)

I bought my keyboard online, second hand. My pc Parts in the store.

So it's the same price / doesn't have a big price difference?

In Germany I usually check out Mindfactory and Caseking first. They are mostly the "cheapest" shops around. But i don´t know whether they ship to france or not. 

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

Where ? :)

Basically any giant retail store (BCC, Mediamarkt, Expert etc) , pricing is ok but they most of times out of stock, so you can wait 2 weeks or more, depends of shipping.

Also you get these people who call themselves salesmen that sell the sh*t you don't need.

Online ordering is like within 3 days (Azerty, Alternate, Informatique etc all good.)

Also Germany is 5km away from me, I buy most of my stuff there (groceries and other)