3D Printed Chicken for you

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It’s why they get in the news.  Never has much to do with what they serve or how they serve it. They try to get in the news for their food but they keep failing. Did a bunch of taste test challenges against other fast food chains and got their butts kicked. Even Popeyes and burger king (that doesn’t even specialize in chicken) beat them. What’s famous about chic fil a isnt food it’s politics.  Perhaps I was thinking of religious bigotry.  Some kind of bigotry anyway.  

Whoever is taste testing them against the likes of Popeyes (where every food item literally tastes the same. Just way too much cajun seasoning on every damned thing) and burger king (I don't even need to justify that. burger king is only superior to Wendy's) should be fired then. Because the food at Chic-Fil-a is legitimately superior quality and taste to literally every other franchise. I'd assume whoever is administering that taste test is legitimately just biased against them because of the religious aspect of the company.

As for so called religious bigotry, I can't really go into that in depth (in completely refuting your claims without question) because of the rules of the forum, so let's just leave it at that.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

3 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Whoever is taste testing them against the likes of Popeyes (where every food item literally tastes the same. Just way too much cajun seasoning on every damned thing) and burger king (I don't even need to justify that. burger king is only superior to Wendy's) should be fired then. Because the food at Chic-Fil-a is legitimately superior quality and taste to literally every other franchise. I'd assume whoever is administering that taste test is legitimately just biased against them because of the religious aspect of the company.

As for so called religious bigotry, I can't really go into that in depth (in completely refuting your claims without question) because of the rules of the forum, so let's just leave it at that.

You like it more.  I get it.  I’m just saying that many many people apparently think the opposite is true.  I’ve never liked Popeyes much myself.  Too greasy for me. Burger King I will eat at before Macdonalds.  Macdonalds burgers creep me out.  That’s an uncommon opinion too.  People have them.  I don’t know who did the taste test or where it was done. Could have been regional.  Chic fil a did beat Macdonalds at chicken I think.  Not sure.  They were in the bottom though.. iirc Popeyes won followed by kfc (which I personally found surprising) burger kind was third (also a surprise) and chic fil a was fourth of 5

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Can't wait for all the conspiracies and fuckwits like "brew" to come out and start making their money out of this. 🙄

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Wow yea i guess that 3D printed chicken sounds alot better then, chicken paste cut into shapes?

still interesting, next step KFC printing human limbs with check cells?

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

Obviously joking. But still, Chic-Fil-A is the best damned chicken)

Name would be changed to "chik-fil-a-ment" if fhey license the 3d print tech? 😂

20 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

Any reason why they couldn't just take the mass of chicken, chop it up with a chain of knives or whatever they use, and dump it in the deep fryer? It seems like it's too much effort and isn't very efficient unless the nozzle is an inch and a half wide.

>deep fry a whole chicken

I like you thinking.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

22 hours ago, zeusthemoose said:

Summary

KFC has announced that they are working on 3D printing chicken nuggets. The new process is supposed to be more environmentally friendly then the current way of making chicken nuggets and they should be ready for final testing this fall.

Quotes

My thoughts

Even though they should be finished by this fall, I think it will take a couple of years for them to scale it to the point where they can supply all their restaurants with enough chicken. It will be challenging for KFC to adopt this as the new chicken nugget, but I think it will eventually happen. What do you think?

Sources

The Verge

KFC Press Release

If anything this would make the nugget's a consistent size and shape. I however think this is more about using more of the processed chicken trimmings and disguising the resulting pink slime as meat.

And just to hit that TMI note, you can 3D printing food is probably the way you'll see "fast food" steaks come to a restaurant near you.

5 minutes ago, Kisai said:

If anything this would make the nugget's a consistent size and shape. I however think this is more about using more of the processed chicken trimmings and disguising the resulting pink slime as meat.

And just to hit that TMI note, you can 3D printing food is probably the way you'll see "fast food" steaks come to a restaurant near you.

Pointless factoid:

My memory was Macdonalds was the first chain to come out with nuggets and it took years of research.  The problem was making something that  cooked well could be easily and reliably formed, and wouldn’t break in shipping. Appealing form was a big big deal too.  They made multiple shapes so the wouldn’t look so much like food pellets. The Macdonalds nugget shapes (iirc originally there were 4) even have names.  One of them is “the boot” which was one of the harder ones iirc.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Hmm that's interesting. I raise my own chicken anyways. I feel like people get too hung up on the trimmings being a bad thing. I have always ended up using it all in some way or another. Personally, until they can 3D "print" me some chicken gizzards by the barrel, it'll just be passing on by.

I'm now going to make some fried gizzards.

3 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

I feel like people get too hung up on the trimmings being a bad thing

yeah never understood the hate around it. If anything it's actually a good thing that almost nothing of the chicken get tossed away.

i use either to make paddies as shown on the video i posted above or to make a light chicken stock

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On 7/18/2020 at 2:11 PM, VegetableStu said:

what's the 3D printer's role in this.

Probably just for uniformity / changeability reasons. They can control the shape without fix molds and if they want to change the shape it's non trivial.

On 7/18/2020 at 8:11 PM, VegetableStu said:

what's the 3D printer's role in this...? i mean compared to stuff like imposiburger patties where all the constituent materials are averaged and slapped together o_o

They won't say this for marketing reasons but they're actually printing the chicken themselves from elementary parts only to immediately butcher them

Like billions of voices squeaking out in fear suddenly being silenced ☠️ 🤐

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

i mean if it's just to make purely random shapes, then sure, but otherwise in the long run wouldn't molds be much cheaper?

Most fast food franchises are two companies.  The main company and the franchise holder that owns the outlet.  Might raise cost for franchise holder but lower it for main company.

29 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

i mean if it's just to make purely random shapes, then sure, but otherwise in the long run wouldn't molds be much cheaper?

Mold are quite expensive but still i'm pretty sure it would pops out more nugget per minutes than 3d printing can enough to cover the difference in price. 3d printing is a lot of moving parts so more chance of failure over simple mold.

On 7/18/2020 at 9:38 PM, Bombastinator said:

I’ve never liked Popeyes much myself.  Too greasy for me.

Yeah, but their biscuits are outstanding! Dipping them into a bowl of their beans and rice is southern heaven!

Anyways, I stopped paying attention to poultry industry after reading "mechanically separated chicken" on the side of a Slim Jim in my youth.

I'll never look at a nugget the same way again.

7 hours ago, StDragon said:

Yeah, but their biscuits are outstanding! Dipping them into a bowl of their beans and rice is southern heaven!

Anyways, I stopped paying attention to poultry industry after reading "mechanically separated chicken" on the side of a Slim Jim in my youth.

I don’t consider slim Jim’s to be food.  They’re a rolled flavored piece of paper. 

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I don’t consider slim Jim’s to be food.  They’re a rolled flavored piece of paper. 

I do. They are just the hot dogs of beef snacks. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.