Which one should I choose power supply? FSP -SEASONİC - Be Quiet!

Teot

Hello. Could you please help me about which power supply I have to choose.

1. Be Quiet! BN284 Straight Power 11 850W 80+Gold 185$
  2. FSP HYDRO G PRO 850W 80+ Gold    165$ 
  3. Seasonic Focus Plus 850+ Gold 182$ SSR-850FX

3 model PSU  have 10 years  guarantee.  

I want it to work silently and be durable. I currently have OCZ fatality 750W 80+ bronze in my system, I have been using it for 6 years. When I upgrade to video card , its started to give blue screen under load.

1870056548_2020-07-12(2).thumb.png.242ac33c6ba8853f6fe7c38dca38ffa1.png

Hello,

Power wattage calculator are totally useless. I don't see the CPU but your system should not go above 550W even when overclocked. So get the same PSU with 550W for 100-120$ instead.

12 minutes ago, Meganter said:

Hello,

Power wattage calculator are totally useless. I don't see the CPU but your system should not go above 550W even when overclocked. So get the same PSU with 550W for 100-120$ instead.

Hello Thanks for reply

AMD Ryzen 1700X

Gigabyte Auros x470 Ultragaming

2x8GB Corsair 3200Mhz

1x SSD samsung 850 500GB

1X m2 Samsung 500GB

1x 3.5 "HDD (For bacup)

1x 2.5" external SSD

Sapphire 5600XT

OCZ Fatality 750W 80+

-------------------------------------------------- -----

The reason I want 750 or 850W is to reduce the fan noise as much as possible .. Assuming it is not broken. I plan to use it over 5+ years. I do not want to upgrade PSU it next time

Price increased due to Covid19. Strangely enough, 750 and 850Ws are sold at almost the same price. $ 10 -30 difference

1 minute ago, Teot said:

Hello Thanks for reply

AMD Ryzen 1700X

Gigabyte Auros x470 Ultragaming

2x8GB Corsair 3200Mhz

1x SSD samsung 850 500GB

1X m2 Samsung 500GB

1x 3.5 "HDD (For bacup)

1x 2.5" external SSD

Sapphire 5600XT

OCZ Fatality 750W 80+

-------------------------------------------------- -----

The reason I want 750 or 850W is to reduce the fan noise as much as possible .. Assuming it is not broken. I plan to use it over 5+ years. I do not want to upgrade PSU it next time

Price increased due to Covid19. Strangely enough, 750 and 850Ws are sold at almost the same price. $ 10 -30 difference

The entire system will only pull 250-300W.

Get a Platinum 600W. I think the SewSonic Platinum 650W should be about the same price as those

2 minutes ago, Teot said:

Assuming you don't want another unit, I would go with the bequiet! one, it's the best out of those 3 (SP11 > Hydro > FX).

5 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Where are you located?

Turkey

5 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

The entire system will only pull 250-300W.

Get a Platinum 600W. I think the SewSonic Platinum 650W should be about the same price as those

Prime series  are out of stock. It will not restock for a long time. Platinium and titanium in Corsair and FSP but its prices are above the budget.

5 minutes ago, Meganter said:

Assuming you don't want another unit, I would go with the bequiet! one, it's the best out of those 3 (SP11 > Hydro > FX).

Thank you. 

33 minutes ago, Teot said:

When I upgrade to video card , its started to give blue screen under load.

Probably not your PSU then.

Reinstall the display drivers. If it blue screens again check what error message it gives you as that might help diagnose what the issue is.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Probably not your PSU then.

Reinstall the display drivers. If it blue screens again check what error message it gives you as that might help diagnose what the issue is.

1) "Video TDR Failure (atikmpag.sys)"  Blue screen . its standart driver problem. I Do not use adrenaline software. I just install driver. Its works fine. I get onliy 1 times in 3 days.

2) rarely, the pc locks under load, the screen turns green and the pc restarts. My guess is that psu is unable to provide enough power 

At first I was skeptical of RAM. İts Team Vulkan series. I will replace it with Corsair. The new ram will be delivered tomorrow. If the problem persists, there is only one PSU that I cannot replace. I think it is time to renew, even if it has no problem.
In my old system (I was having froozen and restart issues with 8Gb 2400 Ram and HD7990 again. But it was very, very rarely.

Note: Sorry for my poor english.

The 5600XT consumes up to around 160 watts.

The 1700X consumes up to around 100 watts.

The motherboard, memory and hard drives altogether won't consume more than 50 watts.

Even a 550 watts power supply will be more than enough, and from gold efficiency and higher, the amount of heat generated by a psu will be small enough that they'll either keep fans turned off or running at very low rpm.... so minimal noise.

The crashes could be due to the power supply but unlikely. It's a higher possibility it's just some interaction between the video card and the motherboard or drivers related. Try full uninstall of drivers using DDU and reinstall, update the chipset drivers etc.

When the 5xxx cards were launched, there were a few bugs and crashes related to them being pci-e 4.0 cards running on pci-e 3.0 slots, but most of these issues were supposed to be fixed through driver updates.

As for memory... unlikely, but you can try increasing memory timings or lowering the frequency to 3000 Mhz as an experiment to see if you get less crashes.

You can test using memtest (bootable cd/dvd or usb stick) and if you don't get errors, it's unlikely the memory is cause for your crashes.

3 hours ago, Teot said:

Hello. Could you please help me about which power supply I have to choose.

1. Be Quiet! BN284 Straight Power 11 850W 80+Gold 185$
  2. FSP HYDRO G PRO 850W 80+ Gold    165$ 
  3. Seasonic Focus Plus 850+ Gold 182$ SSR-850FX

3 model PSU  have 10 years  guarantee.  

Seasonic because they make only good psu's, but if noise is a concern, I would pick the Straight Power, but a good 600w unit is all you need.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

2 hours ago, Ralf said:

Seasonic because they make only good psu's

They only make good PSUs if you ignore the bad ones and the ones that had flaws. 

Like the S12ii was still sold up untill very recently, and it wasnt a good PSU. The consistently pair their PSUs with mediocre fans regardless of how expencive they are. 

Every PSU company has their bad apples and their good ones. In this case, the better protection coverage of the Straight power 11 makes it a better pick, not to mention the better noise performance. 

6 hours ago, Teot said:

Seasonic Focus Plus 850+ Gold 182$ SSR-850FX

This is the older focus fx and not the focus gx. Avoid the fx in favor of other options. 

A 650w unit would be plenty, and would mean that you dont really need to aim for multirail units for their extra level of protections. 

2 hours ago, Ralf said:

Seasonic because they make only good psu's, but if noise is a concern, I would pick the Straight Power, but a good 600w unit is all you need.

First up, every company has made bad products. secondly, the focus fx units aren't very good, the sp11 will fare better. the OP would be fine with a sp11 550/650w unit

It is but human, to err, to buy a PSU, akin to dirt,

but fret not, young Padawan, for we will tell you, 

what will become, of that, which you have earned

19 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

They only make good PSUs if you ignore the bad ones and the ones that had flaws. 

Like the S12ii was still sold up untill very recently, and it wasnt a good PSU. The consistently pair their PSUs with mediocre fans regardless of how expencive they are. 

Every PSU company has their bad apples and their good ones. In this case, the better protection coverage of the Straight power 11 makes it a better pick, not to mention the better noise performance. 

This is the older focus fx and not the focus gx. Avoid the fx in favor of other options. 

A 650w unit would be plenty, and would mean that you dont really need to aim for multirail units for their extra level of protections. 

Product model SSR-850FX on website  but seller send new series,  its started GX-850  I do not know which one better.

1 minute ago, Teot said:

Product model SSR-850FX on website  but seller send new series,  its started GX-850  I do not know which one better.

New focus GX is better. 

You sure the seller is sending the new series? Focus FX is still being sold as there is remaining stock. 

In which case i still wouldbt choose the focus GX over the straight power 11. 

On 7/12/2020 at 5:42 PM, GoldenLag said:

New focus GX is better. 

You sure the seller is sending the new series? Focus FX is still being sold as there is remaining stock. 

In which case i still wouldbt choose the focus GX over the straight power 11. 

Part number is (SSR-850FX) - FOCUS GX-850 . I guess its new series. . you still choose   straight power 11. I got it.