Games with excellent sound tracks (aka video game music thread)

Nertballs

BASTION! AND METAL GEAR SOLID 4!

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

BASTION!

I saw TotalBiscuit's video on the upcoming sequel to that game, Transistor. The music in that was incredibly cool too.

Here is a link to the uncommentated version of that video for you to enjoy if you have not already.

http://youtu.be/bmlnUCK9oWI

Donkey Kong Land - Track Attack

One of the first games I played obsessively, one of the first games that was mine and not my brothers or the family's. I had a couple of games before this on my Gameboy (Mario & Yoshi, Tetris and I think Super Mario Land 2) but this was the first one I really got into. If you've played the game you probably remember this music, it appears in two of the hardest levels so you end up listening to it a lot. Burned into my brain like the Tetris theme, the Castle music from Super Mario World and Rainbow Road from Super Mario Kart :D

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

GTA: Vice City, and San Andreas, Megal Gear Solid, Various Final Fantasy, Bioshock Infinite is epic as well.

I love a lot of what's been posted up already, but these are the ones that leaped to mind straight away.

This kind of thing as you walk throught the waters of the baptistry while taking your first steps into Colombia are sublime and instantly memorable.

Loved K-DST in SA, also loved the Bioshock 2 soundtrack (which sounds amazing on vinyl) and Infinite.

Brutal Legend in game music is sick also! Love guitar solos

My Rig:

OS: MSX CPU:Intel i5 4690K RAM: 16GB Averix Core Series  GPU: XFX R9 280X SSD:128GB Crucial M4 Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z97N Wifi Powersupply: Corsair HX750 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60i Case: Corsair 250D Monitors: Asus VE278 and Asus VW202 Keyboard: Steel Series 6G V2 Mouse: CM Sentinel Advanced Audio: Objective 2 ODAC Headphones: Senheiser HD595

I made this last year and I still stand by it:

1. Age of Conan

2. Morrowind

3. Mirror's Edge

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Dark Age of Camelot. Without a doubt. Some of the most epic pieces ever IMO. Along with being still the most fun i have had in any game, MMO or otherwise.

Did anyone even ever played this?

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

For me Oblivion still takes the cake, I remember travelling for the Ruins of Kvatch whilst admiring the night sky and suddenly this epic, moving symphony was playing.

I was blown away

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W

There is of course this, from the Hitman series as some others have mentioned, I uploaded this one so the audio quality is good.

Nothing makes asssassination seem more beautiful than this kind of music.

Ave Maria

http://youtu.be/fqBZajRwD0c

Classic in my book

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

I'm a big fan of video game music. Back before the Internet I used to leave the games on just to hear the music while doing other stuff. I mostly prefer Japanese composers' music. Most western composers make quite boring music that stays far in the background. The Japanese tend to make more powerful music that gives you that extra kick. Here's some of my absolute favorites!

Adventures of Alundra (PS1) - Example (Shrine of the Lake)

The Last Remnant (360/PC) - Example (Press to Victory)

Journey to Silius (NES) - Example (Stage 2)

Castlevania -series - Example (Lament of Innocence: House of Sacred Remains)

Mega Man -series - Example (Mega Man X: Sigma Stage 1)

Final Fantasy -series / Nobuo Uematsu - Example (Black Mages: Clash on the Big Bridge (FFV))

Chrono Trigger (SNES) - Example (Corridors of Time)

Donkey Kong Country (SNES) - Example (Aquatic Ambiance)

Shadowgate (NES) - Example (Entryway)

Terranigma (SNES) - Example (Underworld theme)

The Legend of Zelda -series - Example (A Link to the Past: Light World Dungeon theme)

Mostly older, more chiptuney music.

I prefer atmospheric and calm tunes in my games, makes it so that I can immerse myself better. My favorites are probably:

The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess

Journey

And then the rest of the Zelda games

I just realized I don't play many games nowadays, I used to, but have no recollection of them besides the ones that really struck home  :blink:

Cheers,

Linus

GTA music or Pac-Man

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Bastion as many have already mentioned. The narration in that game + the sound track is orgasmic. That's one of many reasons I'm looking forward to Transistor.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

In order of my favourite first:

Final Fantasy X

TES: Oblivion

TES: Skyrim

There's probably a load more, but they're my top 3.

• 2 weeks later...

I own Super Meat Boy, Journey, and Bastion soundtracks. There are a lot of other songs I love though. I'm actually listening to the Bastion OST now as I do homework...err, go on the forum.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

I'm sure someone already mentioned it but Bioshock Infinite!

who cares...

Final fantasy 7 intro-ps1

Double dragon 2 intro-nes

Donkey Kong country intro-snes

Super street fighter 2 turbo intro-snes

Killer instinct gold intro-n64

Robocop. Ingame music - commodore 64

The Binding of Isaac Basment Theme

Love that game. Hundreds of hours logged into that game.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Background Music: Almost anything from TES IV: Oblivion

Battle Music: Ornstein and Smough.