Games with excellent sound tracks (aka video game music thread)

Nertballs

Halo, Mass effect, FFXIII, Elder Scrolls, Ratchet and clank, Spyro YotD, the list goes on. I son't think I could name a single OST which is my favourite never mind a single track.

My most favourite soundtrack of all time is still the "Legend of Zelda - Main Theme"

But in recent games I liked these 2 very much:

"Miami" - Jasper Byrne 

The game is so simple, so brutal and so much fun, yet every time you finish a chapter and this theme comes on you simply relax and start philosophing about your own life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy3CVP_LlAk

"Ezio's family" - Assasin's Creed II OST
I picked up ACII and Brotherhood when Brotherhood released and finished both within a week. At the end of Part2 I was simply stunned and my brain relived Ezio's adventures to this epic song. A shame Ubisoft trashed this masterpiece franchise.

Intel Q6600@3.2Ghz | HD6870 | 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz
BF3 medium settings | no vSync | 1080p | 50-70fps (:

Aside from the excellent credit song, Portal 2 had a really great soundtrack.

Pretty much every GTA, but mainly Vice City and San Andreas. Crysis 2 has beautiful music, Dirt 3, Mafia 2, Hotline Miami, FEZ.

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 640  GPU: ASUS Geforce GTX550ti DirectCU  RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX 2 x 4GB DDR3  MoBo: ASRock N68C-S UCC  Case: Fractal Design Core 1000

Peripherals: Razer NAGA Hex Wraith, Microsoft Sidewinder X6, Steelseries 7H Fnatic Edition

Monitors: LG Flatron M237WDP 23inDell E172FP 17in

Elder Scrolls & Bioshock Infinite

CPU : Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2Ghz Motherboard : MSI Z77A-GD65 GPU : MSI R7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5 @ 950/1300MHz RAM : Crucial BX Sport 16 GB DDR3-1600 @ 2000MHz PSU : XFX 850W XXX Edition  Storage : Intel 520 Series 120 GB / Samsung 840 Series 240 GB / Western Digital Caviar Green 3 TB  Case : Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i

Nothing comes close to the Doom Soundtrack. Nothing.

...And then there's the old Runescape theme song on another level.

Can't believe no one's mentioned either of the two yet :P

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3200Mhz GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti MoBo: MSI Z170 Krait Gaming 3X Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52 Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D HDD/SSD: (Boot) Intel 750 Series 400GB, (Games) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, (Data) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 750W Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro L w/ Cherry MX Blues Mouse: Logitech G900 Monitor: Acer X34 Predator @ 100hz

Phone(s): Samsung Galaxy S8+

gonna have to say the music riiiight before you fight cynthia in pokemon D/P

Fair shake of the sauce bottle.

If it's about Ingame Musik, Halo easily. It creates the perfect atmosphere, epic music for an epic universe.

Oh man oh man, this this this.

Metal Gear Solid 2 was also awesome.

This, and this and thiiiiiiis :D

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

''the mix'' radio station in saints row 2, not sure if it counts, but what ever ;)

GPU: MSI GTX 770 gaming || CPU: Intel 4670k @ 4.4Ghz || RAM: 4x4GB 1600mhz Corsair vengeance pro || MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming || CPU cooler: Corsair H105 || PSU: Corsair RM650 || SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, Crucial M4 128GB || Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 || Monitor: ASUS PA238Q

Halo Mjolnir mix from halo 2, TES morrowind and oblivion themes, Doom 2, pretty much all of the legend of zelda themes, super meat boy and the binding of isaac soundtracks, castlevania 2 bloody tears, gta 4 the ballad of gay tony theme, honestly i could go on and on.

To me the best game music is

Crysis Warhead             

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IL6DKnS6COY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stalker Shadow Of Chernobyl haunting yet beautiful    

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xoYeqEMLupE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stalker Call Of Pyipyat

The games that really come to mind are: Halo, Sims, Sonic, and by far my favorite, Megaman X themes....

Silent Hill and Metal Gear series when it comes to my favorite in-game music.

those old pokemon songs. reminds me of my childhood.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll