Explain Your Username

DLM_012

fir_nev = Mohammad Firdaus (people call me 'Fir' mostly) and Gary 'Nev' Neville (people in UK hate this retired Manchester United defender)

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M5 | COOLER MASTER Hyper 212X | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 2600MHz 8GB (4GBx2 kit) | MSI GeForce GTX 970 | FSP Aurum S 600W

Wordpress

Mine is clever, it fits into my real name. Joseph. It goes like "Joe-sof" and my email is joe.sof.rich as my last name is Richardson.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

born and raised in canada...  i saw the "made in china" logo and thought of the name.

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

Mines simple, I own one.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 XX Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Killer XX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory XX GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II XX Case: Phanteks Evolve ATX XX Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SSD ; Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD; Western Digital Caviar Blue 3TB HDD XX PSU: Thermaltake SMART 550W 80+ Bronze 

Of course my name and age

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Well, my name is Roger and my last name starts with Z, so zRoger was the coolest way to show that lol

-zRoger

My username? well, hehe. I was making a user on minecraft a couple of years ago and ALL the usernames i tried was taken and you also had to type in som letters to prove you're not a robot or something like that, and there it said ssongu, so, yeah, it's weird, i guess.

Back on the days of minecraft addictiveness, I was(and still am) very good at redstone. So, Red. Owen=*name*, 1177=random numbers that have no meaning.

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

My name is Greg, I switched the r and the e to make it into Gerg.

Gerg sounds like the first syllable in Gurgle, so I just replaced the Gur with the Ger.

Gergle Destroyer of Pancakes

Back in 2006 when I was doing my IT education I developed this "skill" to sneak up to anyone without them noticing (to the point that they asked where I was while I stood right next to them), so at first my friends at school started calling me a Navy Seal but one day I wore a t-shirt to school that said "Security" which they started calling me and it stuck.

I also go by Seccedonien, which a crazy German guy came up with when he wanted to call me something else then Security.

It all started when me and a friend use to play xbox 360. We played F1 2010 and played the co-op career mode. You get to pick a name that the game can call you in the race and I chose Alan he chose Jim and for some reason I got emu's involved and though it was hilarious as a username at the time, but it somehow stuck with me mainly because I don't ever have to include numbers or additional letters to it and is always available as a username. I also like how it rolls off the tongue. 

Just joined and thought this was a fun topic to participate in. 

when i first discovered the internet could be used for gaming online, i had found a service called MPlayer. i made my first user name really simple (was P.Holme) but for whatever reason the service required a password that had not been taken yet. (not sure why they made that a thing) but they ended up recommending a few passwords for me. one of which was VileTuna. being 16 at the time i couldn't stop laughing and picked it. once steam came into the playing field i decided to promote my password to my user name. but i got bored of it one day and decided to spice it up. (and to the bane of my friends trying to search me, make it longer)

thus VileCatFishEater was born. 

Fun fact: I don't like fish

Fibeus, (pronounced as feebeus) was actually the username I chose for the first account I made in LoL. I didn't like it at first to be honest, I just typed it and kept it. :)

But as time progressed, all my friends started calling me fibeus, and I started liking it quite a lot, especially when my friends came up with their own versions of the username fibeus. They called me feedeus, and such.. 

At some point, I even used it more often that my real name, It has become part of me and part of the way my friends know me. My best friend asked me one day, how I came up with fibeus, and me not wanting to tell him that it was completely random, I told him that I would tell him later on that day the true meaning of the username. (Hype Hype Hype!!)

So... I got a piece of paper and a pencil and started thinking about sentences that could use the word Fibeus as an acronym. 

I came up with quite a stupid sentance but I do like it, and to this day I live by this sentence and recognise its value and non random randomness. (so deep).

Fibeus = Fear Is Basically Everyone's Unique Strength.

Of course my name and age

It's odd to think that there's a 96 year old on the forums...

Just Joshing.

Mine is from the greek word for manly. I've always seen myself as a smaller meek man and I've always wanted to that big, strong, morally upright man. I call him Alcandor.

007 agent  = james bond fan

HP = intials

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

It floated to the top in my alphabet soup.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

It's my first and middle name with xo (hugs and kisses) at the end.

Pretty simple. xD

I usually change usernames almost yearly because I get bored of typing it or seeing it or something annoys me about it. The past week I have been on LTT forum more than I ever have before but it's at work. So I tried logging in with my previous account, failed because forgot password. Went on phone, data, created new one: with the username I currently am happy with. I have probably posted more in the past few hours than I have ever with my old account that was probably 2-3 years old.

Back to topic: my username takes hints from various sources with slight modification to spelling.

Dai Gurren: tengen toppa gurren lagann

Guren: code geass

MK: any model of anything but primarily iron man

42: answer to the universe (duh)

Extra:

Guren: that person in naruto

Dai Guren: bleach zanpaktu (bleach not favourite FYI, just memorable. frozen dragon why not)

*Inspirations do not hint at favourites just stuff

etc...

At work can't remember all of them, but these are the main.

Before this my user was GurenMarkV and that got old because I couldn't figure out where MK 1-4 came from. At least this time the number has a meaning.

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

Played a game called Conquer Online. The guilds name stucked to me and been using it since '05.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Half Noob Half Warrior - Came out of my fights with building pc's. Originally I had know idea what i was doing but played around with configs because it was fun. Also used to play Battlefield alot and they named me the NoobWarrior after being completly stupid and crazy lucky all the time. I made some modifacations and thats my name.

"Its not my fault the computer crashed. The game is just WAY TOO AWESOME ON ULTRA!"

Its easy ... Master of Disaster ... usualy if im doing something what ever it is, its a big posibility that it will end up as disaster ... the other two comon nicnames what people are using in real world is "Tall man" (im 6.6" or 1.97m ) and "Poet" (in my language it makes some sence ) :D

arcane i like arcane magic in games like skyrim and well kittens are adorable :P

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

When I was in high school I loved Philosophy and it was the name of my first real band.