Case similar to phanteks p400a?

Rodark

Due to the pandemic the case is out of stock, locally, and ill have to wait at least a month for a restock. Also due to the pandemic the prices are weird, so i dont want to wait a month.

The rest of my build 

Is there any case similar to p400a? The mesh front seemed amazing for airflow. Also the case must have included fans, or please recommend some quiet fans. Lastly, please dont recommend cases that their included fans arent programmable and work 100% all of the time. Im having trouble finding a good case, especially since the 2070s is kinda big. My budget is 80-120 euros.

It would be the best for me to use this site https://www.skroutz.gr/ for checking out cases and prices, but since its in Greek, feel free to just drop some names

p300a mesh.

you can get a 5700xt instead of the 2070 super for similar performance.

also, for the price of the gaming pro carbon, you can get a x570 board that will be compatible with 4000 series cpus.

5 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

[...] for the price of the gaming pro carbon, you can get a x570 board that will be compatible with 4000 series cpus.

That's what I thought as well until I checked prices for X570 boards in greece and if I didn't totally screw up the Asus X570-P is still ~60€ more expensive than his choice. But with the money saved by going with a 5700XT/P300A it's a good investment to make.

16 minutes ago, Rodark said:

Is there any case similar to p400a?

The direct competition to that (cases with decent/good mesh fronts with RGB fans) would be the Coolermaster Masterbox MB511 RGB and the Corsair 220T. 

Beyond that, there are cases that you could use with added fans:

Fractal Design Meshify C

Coolermaster Masterbox NR600

Phanteks P300A (mentioned above)

Corsair 275R Airflow

Coolermaster Mastercase H500 is also good, though a bit overpriced due to US tariffs right now.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

cooler master nr400 & nr 600

silverstone rl08

I have the nr400 in my home office and i use the rl08 for gaming. Both excellent airflow cases that were available and affordable at the time i bought them < 6 months ago.

28 minutes ago, Rodark said:

included fans arent programmable and work 100%

pretty sure your motherboard can control the voltage/speed of 3-pin fans.

35 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

p300a mesh.

you can get a 5700xt instead of the 2070 super for similar performance.

also, for the price of the gaming pro carbon, you can get a x570 board that will be compatible with 4000 series cpus.

ah sorry i didnt clarify. i really want an nvidia card, more stable, better drivers, better at gaming and the occasional rtx. and i need a mobo with wifi and bluetooth. thats why i chose that msi. which fans would you add to p300a? as it seems it doesnt have any

29 minutes ago, ShinRamen said:

That's what I thought as well until I checked prices for X570 boards in greece and if I didn't totally screw up the Asus X570-P is still ~60€ more expensive than his choice. But with the money saved by going with a 5700XT/P300A it's a good investment to make.

you are right, it is more expensive. and as i said, ill go with my 2070s since many people seem to have problems with amd drivers. also since its a gaming rig, the 2070s seems better. also my understanding is that my mobo can support current high end stuff like a ryzen 9, so i think i can upgrade in the future. of course intel might pick up the pace and make me switch back to it XD

27 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The direct competition to that (cases with decent/good mesh fronts with RGB fans) would be the Coolermaster Masterbox MB511 RGB and the Corsair 220T. 

Beyond that, there are cases that you could use with added fans:

Fractal Design Meshify C

Coolermaster Masterbox NR600

Phanteks P300A (mentioned above)

Corsair 275R Airflow

Coolermaster Mastercase H500 is also good, though a bit overpriced due to US tariffs right now.

yeah the h500 is 125e here + shipping

a friend also suggested this https://www.skroutz.gr/s/22123023/Deepcool-Matrexx-55-Mesh-Add-RGB-4F.html#specs what do you think about that?

Just now, Rodark said:

you are right, it is more expensive. and as i said, ill go with my 2070s since many people seem to have problems with amd drivers. also since its a gaming rig, the 2070s seems better. also my understanding is that my mobo can support current high end stuff like a ryzen 9, so i think i can upgrade in the future. of course intel might pick up the pace and make me switch back to it XD

Sure, if you want Nvidia, go for it.

Yes, your motherboard will support Ryzen 9, you could theoretically throw a 3900X in there no problem - that'll give you additional 4 cores, but those won't help much with gaming performance. And if Ryzen 4000 increases gaming performance with it's 4600 or 4700X models significantly, you are out of luck, as B450 will not support Ryzen 4000. Just to clarify why we recommend an X570 board.

Just now, Rodark said:

yeah the h500 is 125e here + shipping

a friend also suggested this https://www.skroutz.gr/s/22123023/Deepcool-Matrexx-55-Mesh-Add-RGB-4F.html#specs what do you think about that?

A solid option. Performance would likely be comparable to the P400a and MB511 RGB, so if it's way cheaper for that, then get that one.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

20 minutes ago, foldingNoob said:

pretty sure your motherboard can control the voltage/speed of 3-pin fans.

oh wait. so even if the case doesnt have a fan controller i can do it through the bios? sorry for the stupid questions, its my first build

1 minute ago, ShinRamen said:

Sure, if you want Nvidia, go for it.

Yes, your motherboard will support Ryzen 9, you could theoretically throw a 3900X in there no problem - that'll give you additional 4 cores, but those won't help much with gaming performance. And if Ryzen 4000 increases gaming performance with it's 4600 or 4700X models significantly, you are out of luck, as B450 will not support Ryzen 4000. Just to clarify why we recommend an X570 board.

oh yes i understood it, i read an article a few days ago, i think linus even did a tech news video about how he was disappointed with their decision Xd

what you recommend does make sense, but this build will probably last me some years before a big update, ill buy maybe another hdd or add ram but thats it, so i think many changes will have come to pass before i even think about upgrading. they might even take it back and make them supportable throught a bios, just like ryzen 5 series

5 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

A solid option. Performance would likely be comparable to the P400a and MB511 RGB, so if it's way cheaper for that, then get that one.

MB511 would be with shipping around 108, p400a when in stock is gonna be around 110, while deepcool s 91. so you think i should go with deepcool? even if the p400a was available today? it also seems it comes with 4 fans. i wouldnt need to buy an exhaust like with p400a

4 minutes ago, Rodark said:

MB511 would be with shipping around 108, p400a when in stock is gonna be around 110, while deepcool s 91. so you think i should go with deepcool? even if the p400a was available today? it also seems it comes with 4 fans. i wouldnt need to buy an exhaust like with p400a

The MB511 RGB and P400A's build quality and cable management will be better, but if all you care about is performance per dollar, the Matrexx 55 Mesh is the clear winner given your current pricing options.

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The MB511 RGB and P400A's build quality and cable management will be better, but if all you care about is performance per dollar, the Matrexx 55 Mesh is the clear winner given your current pricing options.

oh damm sounds good. They only thing im curious if its a mistake or something is that in the p400a, specs say: Fan Controller, LED Controller, RGB Lighting

while nothing on deepcool. is it possible to control fan from bios as someone else said? not sure whats the difference between led and rgb, but for rgb DC has a button.

on another note, do you think i might have space issues with the DC? since its a big gpu and cpu cooler and the phanteks is deeper

many stupid questions, i know sorry XD its my first build and im anxious

4 minutes ago, Rodark said:

is it possible to control fan from bios as someone else said? not sure whats the difference between led and rgb, but for rgb DC has a button.

LED is usually only one color. Deepcool likely only allows RGB color changing through a front panel button and not via motherboard software like the P400A. 

5 minutes ago, Rodark said:

Do you think i might have space issues with the DC? since its a big gpu and cpu cooler and the phanteks is deeper

Alwaus refer to the manufacturers page for clearances if you're not sure. For this case you'll have no issues (they dont have a Mesh technicaly spec but the base Matrexx 55 is the same)

http://deepcool.com/product/case/2018-07/9_8726.shtml

image.png.17153761c9f24b17bea507190f51da88.png

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

LED is usually only one color. Deepcool likely only allows RGB color changing through a front panel button and not via motherboard software like the P400A. 

Alwaus refer to the manufacturers page for clearances if you're not sure. For this case you'll have no issues (they dont have a Mesh technicaly spec but the base Matrexx 55 is the same)

http://deepcool.com/product/case/2018-07/9_8726.shtml

image.png.17153761c9f24b17bea507190f51da88.png

you have been very helpful sir, thank you very much.

just saw a youtube video regarding the case, from DC and they even said replying to a comment "

yes, it supports MSI mystic, you can connect to the 5V 3pin port, and control via motherboard"

so it seems i CAN conrol it via software, besides the case button. so ill be able to get all white colors or rgb. the fans also seem to be programmable as he installed included pwm splitter between fans and mobo.

i was asking for the size, because apparently my 2070s is so big they include a stand you must use

2 minutes ago, Rodark said:

i was asking for the size, because apparently my 2070s is so big they include a stand you must use

The stand is to reduce GPU sag since the card is very long (usually cards over 280mm will sag to some extent) However cards up to about 300mm are becoming quite common recently. 

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

The stand is to reduce GPU sag since the card is very long (usually cards over 280mm will sag to some extent) However cards up to about 300mm are becoming quite common recently. 

true and mine is 328 mm. so i was curious if there space to add that stand, im not sure how big that is