What was the first video game you ever played?

ViruZ_HUN

First played this when I was 8. Loved it and bought the rest of the series on PS1.

61v4CXiLksL._SX300_.jpg

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Zelda Twilight Princess.

I was about 7-8 years old when I first played a Wii in a store and I was fascinated at the "motion" controls. Now we laugh at it, but I thought the graphics were amazing. It was playing Twilight Princess at the very beggining, when you play with Epona to control those goats, and when I looked at the horse for the first time, for some reason it felt very realistic to me as a child. 2-3 years later I completed the game for the first time, then again, and again, and again....I have about 350+ hours in that game in total (it was possible to see your game hours in the Nintendo Channel, a video service that was discontinued and can't be acessed anymore), it was my only game to play, and the one I loved the most. Oh, so many memories!

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

Rollercoaster Tycoon... 2  B)

Probably the strangest entry here, but this game was what basically got me into games and computers.

Oh and roller coasters, of course.  :P

~IMG

MINECRAFT FTW

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Wow, great thread topic...

Some of the replies on here lead me to believe that many of you are very young.... like pinball for XP, makes me feel old.

The first game I ever played (not loved) in the early 90's was the original Mario game (released in 1985) for the original Nintendo... but since then there have been many games that I loved to play:

-Jurassic Park for Genesis (1993)

-Diablo 1 for Windows 95 (1996?)<--- first game that I loved to play, and did in fact, play the shit out of it... still do sometimes.

-Goldeneye for Nintendo 64 (1997)<--- played this all day every day for several years and now have it on my phone.

-Zelda Ocarina of Time (1998) for Nintendo 64

-Perfect Dark (2000) for Nintendo 64 and now HD on XBOX 360<--- much like goldeneye... lots of life well wasted on this game.

-Halo: Combat Evolved (2001) for XBOX<--- probably the most played and loved game ever for me with many LAN parties and split screen games.

-Morrowind (2002) for XBOX

-Rainbow Six 3 (2003) for XBOX and PC

-Mass Effect 2 (2010) for XBOX 360<--- My favourite modern game and series

-Skyrim (2011) for XBOX360 and PC

-Forza Motorsport 4 (2011) for XBOX 360

-NASCAR Racing 2003 Season (2003) for PC<--- look this game up if you have never played it

There are probably a few awesome ones that I forgot about...

I'm torn between Day of the tentacle and King's bounty (the 1990 version, not the remake)

toy story 2: buzz lightyear to the rescue on N64

INTEL i7 4790K | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X GAMING 5 | A-DATA 16GB | PCS+ R9 290 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | MOMENTUS XT BARRACUDA |  FRACTAL DESIGN R4

The first game i ever played was a Battle-Ship game for the Gameboy (I don't remember the name). The text was only in english so i didn't understand anything (i was like 5 years old).

The first game i completely loved was Pokemon Yellow. I never understood why some of these boys were named teenager, as Tee is the german word for tea and Nager is the german word for gnawer. 6 year old me never understood why someone would gnaw on tea.

The first pc game i ever played was (besides pinball for windows xp) probably some flash game in the browser. I think it was a mario-clone.

have to say my best was final fantasy 7 for the PlayStation 1 must of spent 3 years of my life on that game ..

First played this when I was 8. Loved it and bought the rest of the series on PS1.

[Pic of Spyro]

Ahhhh this game! I can remember it so well. I still have vivid memories of it.

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

pokemon diamond got me into gaming then halo reach smashed me into adoring gaming 

Crash Team Racing on the PS1 with a four-controller adapter on a split screen.

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus