What was the first video game you ever played?

ViruZ_HUN

My very first game that got me into this whole gaming craze was Super Mario World on SNES. It was a gateway to games like Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, and eventually Pokemon Blue. When I moved onto the PS, I loved the hell out of FFVII and Crash Team Racing. I broke my first controller (through usage, not rage... maybe...) on CTR.

Age of empires ! The first one! Played it when i was 8 years old i believe....

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

Sonic 3 on the Genesis :)

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

X-Wing

CPU: Intel 4790k Cooler: Corsair h100i Mobo: ASUS Z97-A RAM: Corsair 16GB Vengeance 1866 GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 Storage: Crucial mx100 512GB & x3 2TB HDDs Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl PSU: Seasonic SSR-650RM Monitors: Acer XB271HU and Asus VG236 Keyboard: Corsair Gaming k70 RGB Mouse: Cyborg RAT 7 Headset: Sennheiser 558 + Antlion ModMic 4.0 Speakers: Harmon Kardon Soundsticks

Burnout Ledgends on PSP. best arcade racer ever.

Would buy a new burnout game if they where ever brought back.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

super Mario brothers 2

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

Rollercoaster Tycoon... 2  B)

Probably the strangest entry here, but this game was what basically got me into games and computers.

Oh and roller coasters, of course.  :P

Playing RCT 1 atm actually  :D

pQl2cgJ.jpg

I would say Pokemon Red but that was my first game so it's kind of cheating. I'll go with Sonic Adventure 2.

One of the first games I remember loving and playing over and over is either Doom or Jill of the Jungle.

Jill_of_the_Jungle.screenshot.png

Doom the shareware version got me hooked. Even ended up taking the diskettes into the school maths department and playing on the pc's there during the breaks.

Actually begged my parents for the Atari Jaguar because it came with Doom lol

Main Rig - HAL-900D:  Case: Corsair 900D, Motherboard: Asus RoG Crosshair V Formula, PSU: Corsair AX860i, CPU: AMD FX 8350, Cooler: Corsair H100i, RAM: 16Gb 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance, SSD: Samsung 120Gb 840 Pro, Kingston v300 120Gb, HDD: 1Tb WD Black, 1Tb WD Green, 2x 2Tb Seagate Barracuda

NAS - TMA-1: Case: Bitfenix Phantom Arctic White, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N-Wifi, PSU: Corsair CX430W, CPU: Intel Celeron G1820, RAM: 8Gb 1600Mhz TeamElite, HDD: 3x2Tb Seagate NAS, 

What is the first game you played and absolutely loved?

Edit: mine was Gears of War 2, I played the shit out of horde mode, but that was before I knew of the master race. Sadly, no emulator for it yet.

I loved Gears 1/2.

But as far as a first I'd have to say Mario 64, or Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (Mario NES remake on GBC).

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

Metal Gear Solid on the PS1, or Half-Life.

Can't really decide.

i used to play the shit out of pokemon games on my ds but on pc i gotta go with flatout2 or nfs carbon, those games are awesome!

Diddy-Kong Racing - N64. Played that game for 100's of hours. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Super Mario 64 for the Nintendo 64 got me into the whole gaming thing. Oh man I loved that game!

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

Fate, the free version that came on my 1st laptop. I played that game all the time!

Doom was the first one I played when I was a kid and loved. Although it is tied with Diablo 2: LOD. I've loved playing those games and find myself going back to them every now and again to this day. Although I wish that diablo 2 could be modded so that it can be run really well on high res with updated graphics

mudgee - Jedi System Builder

Probably Command and Conquer series.  I played the shit out of those games on my own and with my friends.  Crazy addicting.  They are also what introduced me to Starcraft, Age of Empires, Civilization, and the entire RTS genre.  That then led to my exposure to general video game consumption.

Star Wars: Races

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/