Weird popular things on this forum

Computernaut

I have seen a few things show up regularly on this forum that I do not understand the meaning/purpose of. The first is the wiggling rainbow parrot. The second is the picture of Linus looking down at the camera (the pic he uses as his wallpaper) where he looks like he has a fat chin, and lastly the song "never gonna give you up", it's been in videos, it was linked on the April 1st banner, and then there was that guy whose thread got locked. Can someone please explain to me why the LTT community seemingly likes these so much?

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

4 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Parrot Birbs just wanna have fun. Parrot

But why? Where does it come from? And is "birbs" an intentional misspelling, kind of like "boi"?

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

1 minute ago, Computernaut said:

But why? Where does it come from? And is "birbs" an intentional misspelling, kind of like "boi"?

For this birb, it's fun. Rythmical Parrot

Where does it come from? Erm... Long story.

'Murica (But International) Parrot Gang thread might shed some light:

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

24 minutes ago, Computernaut said:

I have seen a few things show up regularly on this forum that I do not understand the meaning/purpose of. The first is the wiggling rainbow parrot. The second is the picture of Linus looking down at the camera (the pic he uses as his wallpaper) where he looks like he has a fat chin, and lastly the song "never gonna give you up", it's been in videos, it was linked on the April 1st banner, and then there was that guy whose thread got locked. Can someone please explain to me why the LTT community seemingly likes these so much?

There's no explaining humour, really. It just is what it is. Party-birbs, weird pictures of Linus and so on are just nerd-humour.

23 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Parrot Birbs just wanna have fun. Parrot

*Tommygun-wielding Rambo-birb approves of these noisy, coloured hooligans*

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1. Bird endangered/extinct

2. Linus = linus

3. We’re loyal

4. TL;DR

16 hours ago, Computernaut said:

The first is the wiggling rainbow parrot.

it started out with a kiss how did it end up like this

I blame a certain Decent forum member for having this profile picture and other users parroting him.

The second is the picture of Linus looking down at the camera (the pic he uses as his wallpaper) where he looks like he has a fat chin

he showed you his tech tips, now you shall obey Linus our god.

and lastly the song "never gonna give you up", it's been in videos, it was linked on the April 1st banner, and then there was that guy whose thread got locked.

Oh no.. We have reach the point where people don't know about this 😧

Can someone please explain to me why the LTT community seemingly likes these so much?

no one can explain these occult phenomenons.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, minibois said:

Oh no.. We have reach the point where people don't know about this 😧

To be fair, although he would have to be either very young or new to the internet, that stopped being popular a good while ago. And it was irritating as shit.

#Muricaparrotgang

13 hours ago, minibois said:

it started out with a kiss how did it end up like this

I blame a certain Decent forum member for having this profile picture and other users parroting him.

Hmm...

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

5 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Hmm...

UH-OH, GOTTA RUN!

giphy.gif

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Honestly I'm still just as confused as when I posted this thread in the first place, if not more. 🤔 😛

28 minutes ago, Computernaut said:

Honestly I'm still just as confused as when I posted this thread in the first place, if not more. 🤔 😛

Don't worry. Everybody gets confused sometimes. Even birb does: confusedparrot.gif.1e4ac932ce321f91e34125153be63708.gif

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

20 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Don't worry. Everybody gets confused sometimes. Even birb does: confusedparrot.gif.1e4ac932ce321f91e34125153be63708.gif

But the whole point of this thread though is to insure that I'm not confused (at least about the things I mentioned in the OP). However I get the sense you're one of those people who doesn't like to answer "why" questions with anything other than "Why not?". 😆🙄

16 minutes ago, Computernaut said:

But the whole point of this thread though is to insure that I'm not confused (at least about the things I mentioned in the OP). However I get the sense you're one of those people who doesn't like to answer "why" questions with anything other than "Why not?". 😆🙄

By his grace, the holy Birb, his bob and weave guides us along the path. Let his light show unto us the his greatness. Follow his example. We bob in reverence. We weave in excitement by what his word may bring. For we are his followers and he is our guide. Now, Father Birb, show us the path to enlightenment. Show us the True Path of the Feathered One.

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

3 hours ago, minibois said:

UH-OH, GOTTA RUN!

giphy.gif

I don't know what that's from, but that had to hurt.

14 minutes ago, Computernaut said:

Why not is a valid counter. The bird gif is just a dumb internet meme profile picture. What's to not understand?

#Muricaparrotgang

2 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I don't know what that's from, but that had to hurt.

Why not is a valid counter. The bird gif is just a dumb internet meme profile picture. What's to not understand?

Never believe those who fail to see. Instead, guide them and show them they way. His greatness will be delighted to have another under his wing. 

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

6 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:
By his grace, the holy Birb, his bob and weave guides us along the path. Let his light show unto us the his greatness. Follow his example. We bob in reverence. We weave in excitement by what his word may bring. For we are his followers and he is our guide. Now, Father Birb, show us the path to enlightenment. Show us the True Path of the Feathered One.

Just now, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Never believe those who fail to see. Instead, guide them and show them they way. His greatness will be delighted to have another under his wing. 

How long did you spend formatting that text to be rainbow-coloured? Was it worth it? Do you write all of your posts in so many colours?

Just now, Computernaut said:

How long did you spend formatting that text to be rainbow-coloured? Was it worth it? Do you write all of your posts in so many colours?

A follower will never share his or her secretes. That is for our Father to show you. 

1 minute ago, Computernaut said:

Formatting this one doesn't take long.

Formatting this one takes a while.

Why the rainbow happens:

KeyboardParrot.gif.c6578dc6c28017916a8602bdb139f7fd.gif

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

12 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Formatting this one doesn't take long.

Formatting this one takes a while.

Why the rainbow happens:

KeyboardParrot.gif.c6578dc6c28017916a8602bdb139f7fd.gif

My fellow Compatriot, this one will require further guidance. Please be gentle. We do not want to ruffle their feathers.

Yeah, okay, I give up.

2 hours ago, Computernaut said:

Yeah, okay, I give up.

Tsk tsk. He will not be happy with this. Father wishes for us to continue to struggle on the path. The path of our reverent one. Let him guide us. 

Just now, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Tsk tsk. He will not be happy with this. Father wishes for us to continue to struggle on the path. The path of our reverent one. Let him guide us. 

You seem very devoted to the wiggling parrot considering you are one of the few enthusiasts of his who doesn't have him in your profile picture.

6 minutes ago, Computernaut said:

You seem very devoted to the wiggling parrot considering you are one of the few enthusiasts of his who doesn't have him in your profile picture.

A believer does not have to wear his robes. 

5 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

A believer does not have to wear his robes. 

Well all the other ones seem to see it necessary.