Weird popular things on this forum

Computernaut
1 hour ago, Computernaut said:

Well all the other ones seem to see it necessary.

I once wore my robes, then the call of another kind came. My heart still follows him, our savior, Lord Birb. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

2 hours ago, Computernaut said:

Well all the other ones seem to see it necessary.

So anyways, it's the internet and people are weird. Trying to understand it is merely a lesson in futility, just like how I can't comprehend why people would willingly own cats.

#Muricaparrotgang

52 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

So anyways, it's the internet and people are weird. Trying to understand it is merely a lesson in futility, just like how I can't comprehend why people would willingly own cats.

Because cats are better than dogs. I do t have to walk them or anything. Feed em, show them where they poop and you are good. Oh and they don’t bark and yip. I hate yippy dogs.

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Just now, homeofmew said:

not sure if this thread is serious or not.
but memes.

Oh, another one who is willing to walk the path? No?

1 hour ago, homeofmew said:

not sure if this thread is serious or not.
but memes.

This thread was supposed to be serious, but I guess if you question the silly people you get them to arrive with their abundance of eccentricities and turn any thread upside down.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

On 4/12/2020 at 11:39 PM, Computernaut said:

and lastly the song "never gonna give you up"

Once upon a time, in the days of old, when the internet was a series of rusty, lead tubes, there was a prank wherein someone would present you with a link, following a brief, "Hey, isn't this what you were looking for?" or, "Found this thing you might like, check it out" or some other blurb to pique your curiosity. So, you'd click the link, and at the time this prank was going around, "streaming" audio was just taking hold, instead of waiting for the page to load content first, so the music would start playing before you saw what it was. And it was always this song. Why this song? I have no idea why, and I don't think anyone does. Likely as one that people didn't like in a group of friends, and it just grew from there.

Yes, there was a point in history, when you would let the song download completely (or about 70 per cent) before you hit play, or else you'd run into "buffering" issues every few seconds.

EDIT: So, to explain that bit: That's just a universal internet meme from yesteryear that is kind of fun to bring around again. Like "I Can Haz Cheezburger" or "The Game".

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

38 minutes ago, The1Dickens said:

Once upon a time, in the days of old, when the internet was a series of rusty, lead tubes, there was a prank wherein someone would present you with a link, following a brief, "Hey, isn't this what you were looking for?" or, "Found this thing you might like, check it out" or some other blurb to pique your curiosity. So, you'd click the link, and at the time this prank was going around, "streaming" audio was just taking hold, instead of waiting for the page to load content first, so the music would start playing before you saw what it was. And it was always this song. Why this song? I have no idea why, and I don't think anyone does. Likely as one that people didn't like in a group of friends, and it just grew from there.

Yes, there was a point in history, when you would let the song download completely (or about 70 per cent) before you hit play, or else you'd run into "buffering" issues every few seconds.

EDIT: So, to explain that bit: That's just a universal internet meme from yesteryear that is kind of fun to bring around again. Like "I Can Haz Cheezburger" or "The Game".

Thank you, you are the first one to properly explain one of the things I asked about.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

6 hours ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Because cats are better than dogs. I do t have to walk them or anything. Feed em, show them where they poop and you are good. Oh and they don’t bark and yip. I hate yippy dogs.

They aren't better than dogs. I don't walk my dogs and they take themselves outside to poop so it doesn't stink up the house. They also actually enjoy being sociable and are more of a pet than a fish.

3 hours ago, Computernaut said:

Thank you, you are the first one to properly explain one of the things I asked about.

Someone else mentioned that there's already people that don't know what that is, and I said it was a while ago, followed by me saying memes. You could literally google it and find the answer on that one.

#Muricaparrotgang

4 hours ago, Computernaut said:

This thread was supposed to be serious, but I guess if you question the silly people you get them to arrive with their abundance of eccentricities and turn any thread upside down.

Yeah sorry about that XD