i'm a first timer in pc building. Please help me!!!

GreyPanda

so i've been searching through the internet (especially youtube) for the tips. And here's what i've decided to go with

do i have to something to change? and can you please give me some recommendation? im afraid that i might build a mess. and i live in southeastern countries, so the price is a little different.

The build seems solid, if you don't mind the watermark you can skip the 100$ for windows or just buy it from a key site. One question though: why do you need the 2nd hard drive? 

Go with Ryzen 1600 AF if you want to save some money and it's available where you are, it's basically renamed Ryzen 2600)

100$ : 1600 AF (look for SKU YD1600BBAFBOX ) : Amazon.com: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 65W AM4 Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler Wraith Spire - No LED (YD1600BBAFBOX): Computers & Accessories

The cooler is not required, the cpu comes in the box with  decent cooler, if you don't do overclocking. It will be a bit noisy when running at 100% for long periods of time... the wraith max at 40$ is a good value but you can do better at around 50-60$

The motherboard is fine, but if you want to save money you can also do better there.

Also decide if you want to go mATX or ATX ... mATX boards would allow you to choose a mATX case which would be cheaper.

If you don't need wireless you can go with these very decent boards

85$ matx asrock b450m pro 4 : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dQgzK8/asrock-b450m-pro4-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-pro4

90$ matx msi b450m gaming plus : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9C97YJ/msi-b450m-gaming-plus-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-gaming-plus

90$ atx asrock b450 pro 4 : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PCKcCJ/asrock-b450-pro4-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-pro4

100$ atx  msi b450-a pro MAX : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/XJbCmG/msi-b450-a-pro-max-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-a-pro-max

with wifi :

85$ (cheap but somewhat light on usb on io shield) asrock b450m/ac : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dQgzK8/asrock-b450m-pro4-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-pro4

I'd encourage you to skip the 2 1TB drives unless you already own them, and go with a 3-4 TB 3.5" drive, or a second 1 TB SATA SSD.

It's not worth paying 130$ for two mechanical drives.

You could probaby buy R5 3600(would help with 1080p144) if you drop the Wraith Max, Why two slow laptop HDD? You can still buy GTX1070 new? Would get a newer psu too.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

11 minutes ago, Nairda201 said:

The build seems solid, if you don't mind the watermark you can skip the 100$ for windows or just buy it from a key site. One question though: why do you need the 2nd hard drive? 

Don't encourage people to do that. That's basically going "just steal windows"

I would not go with any of those drives. Get a 500GB NVMe drive that uses MLC if possible, then if you really have your heart set on mechanical drives for "just storage", buy one 2TB drive instead of 2 1TB drives. That 660p is equivalent to buying a 5400rpm drive in SSD world as it has less memory buffer and poor endurance. I would not use that as a OS drive.

As a general rule, when selecting parts for a gaming system, you want the highest performing drive to also be the one the games you are playing are installed to, which means the SSD. You don't play the games off the mechanical drive unless the games don't benefit from the SSD (eg games that are under 100MB, which is basically nothing but indie mobile game ports.)

Hey guys thanks for replying. So i plan to game at 1080p 144 hz. And currently i still have some question.

1. Should i drop the wraith prism cooler and just use the stock cooler from ryzen 5 2600 or get another decent budget cooler?

2. I plan on doing some overclock but i dont know if this build supports it. So do you think its a good build for some overclocking?

3. After reading your answer, i decide to go with a 2 tb 3,5" hdd and a 512 gb ssd m.2. But, when i boot this pc for the first time, will i be able to install the windows on ssd?

4. i need a network wireless adapter since i dont have a LAN cable to connect it. So is my motherboard the best pick for its price point? Or should i buy a motherboard and just buy a separate wireless network adaptor?

5. Should i get the 3600 or just stick with 2600?

6. I forget to mention that my gpu is a geforce 1070 windforce 8gb (not the oc edition ones). Is it still worth it or would you recommend other gpu?

7. I plan on building an atx based motherboard. Do you think its good for this kind of build? Or should i just go to miniATX or microATX

Thankyouu

Another question

8. Should i get a baracuda hhd, wdd purple, or firecuda sshd?

9. Can you recommend me some good budget 500-512 gb m.2 ssd that might be available in my region.

10. My case come with 1 120mm fan. I plan on getting 3 extra, 1 for the topside and 2 for the frontside. But, im confused if i should get 120mm or 140mm fan. Can you give me some recommendation?

13 hours ago, Ralf said:

You could probaby buy R5 3600(would help with 1080p144) if you drop the Wraith Max, Why two slow laptop HDD? You can still buy GTX1070 new? Would get a newer psu too.

So is my psu not good? Can you recommend the best budget psu? And what watts should i use if i want to overclock?

7 hours ago, GreyPanda said:

So is my psu not good? Can you recommend the best budget psu? And what watts should i use if i want to overclock?

Without knowing the prices in your country, I can only guess, Corsair CX550 or CX550M.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

8 hours ago, GreyPanda said:

My build i posted above adresses all your questions.

There is a mobo with integrated wifi and supports overclock. You don't need a new fan for now, if you decide in the future to get a new fan, there are much better options than the wraith.

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

My build i posted above adresses all your questions.

There is a mobo with integrated wifi and supports overclock. You don't need a new fan for now, if you decide in the future to get a new fan, there are much better options than the wraith.

so i can overclock with my current build and dont even need a cooler? if i need it, can you give me some recommendation?

2 hours ago, Ralf said:

Without knowing the prices in your country, I can only guess, Corsair CX550 or CX550M.

is it enough for overclocking?

what watt should i go with?

can you recommend me some budget psu?

can i overclock this build?

should i go with 3600 instead of 2600?

A 6 core cpu consumes 80-120w. Overclocking maybe raises power consumption by 20-50w.

a rtx2070 video card consumes up to 200-250 w

So altogether you'll barely get close to 400-450w.

550w is plenty. 650w is definitely more than plenty.

28 minutes ago, GreyPanda said:

can i overclock this build?

should i go with 3600 instead of 2600?

First of all, if you are going to spend 600$ on a gpu, get a 2080 Super. The normal 2600 is locked, as it is the non-x variant. Any ryzen cpu with the x, i.e 3600x, 2700x, you could overclock.

If going with a 2080 Super, you could get by fine with a 650 watt psu, and I’d suggest any Corsair or SeaSonic psu that can handle 650 watts with good efficiency.

11 minutes ago, Quadrum said:

The normal 2600 is locked, as it is the non-x variant. Any ryzen cpu with the x, i.e 3600x, 2700x, you could overclock.

That's incorrect. All of the ryzen CPUs can be overclocked. The X variant comes with a slightly higher clock speed out of the box and a slightly better stock cooler.

You're mistaking it for Intel's K series CPUs which are unlocked and the non-K series CPUs are locked. AMD doesn't do that.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

12 minutes ago, Quadrum said:

First of all, if you are going to spend 600$ on a gpu, get a 2080 Super. The normal 2600 is locked, as it is the non-x variant. Any ryzen cpu with the x, i.e 3600x, 2700x, you could overclock.

This is not Intel. You can overclock any Ryzen. The X versions are just slightly higher binned chips factory preoverclocked a bit.

EDIT: Damn Spotty was a minute faster :P 

56 minutes ago, GreyPanda said:

Seasonic Focus GX 550W.

But i would go for the 650W in case i ad different hardware, like Leds RGB, Fans, ect...

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

31 minutes ago, Quadrum said:

If going with a 2080 Super, you could get by fine with a 650 watt psu, and I’d suggest any Corsair or SeaSonic psu that can handle 650 watts with good efficiency.

i pay 260 usd for that used 1070 ti. its still in a perfect condition

25 minutes ago, Spotty said:

That's incorrect. All of the ryzen CPUs can be overclocked. The X variant comes with a slightly higher clock speed out of the box and a slightly better stock cooler.

You're mistaking it for Intel's K series CPUs which are unlocked and the non-K series CPUs are locked. AMD doesn't do that.

Thanks for clarifying that. I was completely unaware. My bad!

4 hours ago, GreyPanda said:

so i can overclock with my current build and dont even need a cooler? if i need it, can you give me some recommendation?

Any under $50 cooler with two fans, like the arctic freezer 34 duo, or something from scythe or noctua