Accidental Bumps in my Bicep?

WunderWuffle

Alright... Today during third period, my friend threw a text book at my left bicep, and now I have about 2 bumps in my bicep. Is there a way to get rid of them? @Lanoi has recommended lifting, but I don't think that'll help very much. Should I try to wait a week or two and see if it disappears?

post-17906-0-54070900-1392338632_thumb.p

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Wait it off. I have no idea what it looks like but it sounds like something that will go away with time.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Isn't that just like a bruising? I hit my hand on a the corner of my table. Had a bump and all. It disappeared in about 2 weeks.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

erm..is it a bump like a bruise or something else? i doubt you would just randomly get a bump (not sure what the size is) on your bicep

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Just give it time to heal. You'll be fine.

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3 Ghz | Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: Asus Z97 Pro Wifi AC (USB 3.0 rev) | Memory: G.Skill 2x8GB Ripjaws @ 1866MHZ | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Gaming | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

Isn't that just like a bruising? I hit my hand on a the corner of my table. Had a bump and all. It disappeared in about 2 weeks.

No, it's like a concave in my bicep... 

post-17906-0-29841800-1392338447_thumb.p

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

You and your friends never threw anything at each other?

Not really. Except for snowballs. Even tho my scool does not allow it. (A kid almost died because of a moron threw ice blocks at him) 

Why don't you just go and see the doc? 

Cause I don't think it's that big of a problem. I'm just trying to reduce or eliminate the bump.

Not really. Except for snowballs. Even tho my scool does not allow it. (A kid almost died because of a moron threw ice blocks at him)

interesting. I was in my lecture hall sitting on my own because my friends said they were too hung over for class. Then in the middle of the lecture I get hit by a shoe. So I look where it came from and there I see three of my buddies just giggling.

If it just randomly happened I'd be more concerned, but at this point I wouldn't worry about it.  You got hit with a textbook.  Makes sense.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Does it hurt when you touch it? On a scale of 0-10?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Cause I don't think it's that big of a problem. I'm just trying to reduce or eliminate the bump.

If i had a bump in my bicep i would go to the doc at the speed of ligth. (But i'm a wimp so that migth not mean anything to you) 

Does it hurt when you touch it? On a scale of 0-10?

1. It feels as if I'm touching a nice piece of raw steak though... It kinda feels nice.

If i had a bump in my bicep i would go to the doc at the speed of ligth. (But i'm a wimp so that migth not mean anything to you) 

True, going to the doctor is a good idea.

When you lift something does it hurt in elbow area? (Opposite side with the bicep of course) If it's a burning sensation you should go to the doctor, it's a possibility that he may have slightly torn your tendon.

When you lift something does it hurt in elbow area? (Oppisate side with the bicep of course) If it's a burning sensation you should go to the doctor, it's a possibility that he may have slightly torn your tendon.

Let me go and find a 15 lb bag of rice to lift.

LOL, sounds like a plan. Just flexing hard would tell you if the muscle/tendon is injured, if not just ice it.

Keep an eye on it and if weird stuff starts to happen, then go to the doctor.  Don't waste everyone's time because you got a bump playing with your friends.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

When you lift something does it hurt in elbow area? (Opposite side with the bicep of course) If it's a burning sensation you should go to the doctor, it's a possibility that he may have slightly torn your tendon.

Nope. It doesn't hurt at all.

Sweet! You gonna give that bag to eat?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Nope. It doesn't hurt at all.

I might go anyway, just to be sure.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)