IF YOU RECEIVE THIS EMAIL THEN DO NOT OPEN IT!!!!

So me being a person who is able to spot every spoof email INSTANTLY was almost about to be trapped into this email. So I myself have allot of experience with spoof emails, I even managed to create my custom algorithm which automatically deletes emails from my inbox if they're spam but this one got passed, it.

The email claims that your account will be banned if you don't solve an issue which paypal has with your account and asks you to go to a provided link, ofcourse this link is hyperlinked to some text since the link itself is very odd. The email even makes use of the paypal mailing layout and uses the official email footer.

QuY44tV.png

Guys please stop mentioning "support@contact.com" In the inbox it says "support@paypal.com" so I'm pretty sure that you guys would go forward with it and have a look at the email itself aswell

Edited by Nallown

Thanks for the info.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

When in doubt, ignore email links and go directly to the site yourself and see if it is legit. ;)

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

That's why all my spam goes to my Yahoo Mail account and my other accounts from Google, Microsoft and a few others not many people use are clean. I find it funny when I get emails from Facebook and Paypal in my Ymail knowing that they're fake.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

That's why all my spam goes to my Yahoo Mail account and my other accounts from Google, Microsoft and a few others not many people use are clean. I find it funny when I get emails from Facebook and Paypal in my Ymail knowing that they're fake.

I have it set the same but somehow they managed to get my email address even though I only use this email just for personal uses, school and important stuff such as online transactions, hosting (no 3rd party sites btw even if they are under the same topic)

Lmfao... people these days, try to make it look REALISTIC at the very least, you have to be dumb, or really old to even buy into this fake BS, thanks for the info.

Another thing, PayPal doesn't ban accounts, they freeze or block them I think, but not ban them.

Support@contact.com

Are they even trying?

It is better than notaVirus.exe which was once running on my friends computer.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

It is better than notaVirus.exe which was once running on my friends computer.

Have you seen the amazon one? I received one aswell which was ultra realistic aswell but my bot filtered it out. It basically gets you to download invoice.exe and I ran it on a very old computer with nothing installed and it basically just opens up acrobat lol, who still uses that. It's been adobe reader before 2008

Check the sent address / Or the name.

Most of the official ones are personalised to say "Dear WiiManic", shows they know who you are. 
That's how all my PayPal stuff is at least and a fair few other bits.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Man this mail is not even close to realistic. First of all the @contact.com is a dead giveaway, but the grammar is also nothing short of horrible and the a business like PayPal would never ever ever ever ever use a word like "banned".

lol Support@contact.com :)xD

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Man this mail is not even close to realistic. First of all the @contact.com is a dead giveaway, but the grammar is also nothing short of horrible and the a business like PayPal would never ever ever ever ever use a word like "banned".

Check the sent address / Or the name.

Most of the official ones are personalised to say "Dear WiiManic", shows they know who you are. 

That's how all my PayPal stuff is at least and a fair few other bits.

Well I have a bot which filters out spoof and spam mail and never ever has any spoof mail gone passed it, this is probably the first one other then the amazon one which got forwarded by the bot to my "spoof maybe mail" so i can securely open it with that email without worrying having any old sessions stored.

lol Support@contact.com :)xD

I'm gonna say this one more time in the inbox it says support@paypal.com

Well I have a bot which filters out spoof and spam mail and never ever has any spoof mail gone passed it, this is probably the first one other then the amazon one which got forwarded by the bot to my "spoof maybe mail" so i can securely open it with that email address without worrying having any old sessions stored.

You need to realise that bots are extremely stupid. You don't have to know a lot about computers to know that they all they can do is check a couple of parameters. They have no sort of human intelligence or conscience that allows them to actually detect if a mail is actually a spoof or not (then again apparently this also goes for most humans).

You need to realise that bots are extremely stupid. You don't have to know a lot about computers to know that they all they can do is check a couple of parameters. They have no sort of human intelligence or conscience that allows them to actually detect if a mail is actually a spoof or not (then again apparently this also goes for most humans).

You do understand that the bot goes through an advanced algorithm coded by me and my friends of which one of them is going to MIT and another is going to imperial right? Also This bot doesn't permanently destroy the email but forwards them to separate email accounts depending on how bad they are so for example the amazon spam mail I received got forwarded to an 2nd priority account which I check every so often on my old computer so it just sorts the emails pretty much

You do understand that the bot goes through an advanced algorithm coded by me and my friends of which one of them is going to MIT and another is going to imperial right? Also This bot doesn't permanently destroy the email but forwards them to separate email accounts depending on how bad they are so for example the amazon spam mail I received got forwarded to an 2nd priority account which I check every so often on my old computer so it just sorts the emails pretty much

An advanced algorithm does not make it intelligent and if you go to MIT you will know this. Computers have no conscience and because of this your "advanced algorithm" is going to make mistakes that could've easily been caught by semi intelligent human beings.

You can tell its fake simply by the fact that it says dear customer and not dear "your name"

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

people need warnings about this? this is so obvious I don't see how it needs a thread in the news section

and these scam emails go out all the time, don't see how this one in particular is news.....

I wonder... if we can write a better English than this, know quite well how to make a spoof e-mail look realistic, will we able to succeed at phishing better than those spammers?

An advanced algorithm does not make it intelligent and if you go to MIT you will know this. Computers have no conscience and because of this your "advanced algorithm" is going to make mistakes that could've easily been caught by semi intelligent human beings.

I don't go MIT lol a friend who helped me work on the algorithm is going next year, He's currently in his final sixth form years and got accepted for next year

These never fool me. Phishy emails are really annoying and it makes me wonder who is selling my info to these idiots!

Google does a pretty good job at sweeping these emails into your spam folder.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx