How much is this worth?

LilRamenCHS

Hi! So I bought an HP Pavilion about 2 years ago, and have since upgraded it to 16 GB RAM, and a GTX 1060, and new PSU. It has an I5 4460.

How much could i get for it with my Logitech G300S, keyboard and 24" 1080p AOC monitor?

Thank you <# 

5 minutes ago, LilRamenCHS said:

Hi! So I bought an HP Pavilion about 2 years ago, and have since upgraded it to 16 GB RAM, and a GTX 1060, and new PSU. It has an I5 4460.

How much could i get for it with my Logitech G300S, keyboard and 24" 1080p AOC monitor?

Thank you <# 

The part that hurts you is that it's in an hp case. If you have a spare case lying around and did some rgb you might have something to sell.

4 minutes ago, Animal901 said:

The part that hurts you is that it's in an hp case. If you have a spare case lying around and did some rgb you might have something to sell.

The only cases I have lying around is another, older, HP Pavlion, and another REALLY old Dell.... 

If it'll make it worth another $70 atleast I might put it into a $30 case. 

I'd set it up for like 400 but go down to 300-350. 

Getting new case and RGB really isn't worth it for selling. People will know the hardware. Just don't sell it to the first guy who lowballs you to $100

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

As much as I wish we had those US prices, that's not how the market works. How much you can get depends on where you live. Either tell us that and hope that someone from the area sees this, or check what similar systems are sold for (not asking, sold) yourself in whatever local sites you have.

As a general advice, selling the parts separately usually nets you more. Especially in a case like this, having an old CPU and trying to push the peripherals with the system. It'll be hard to balance what you want to get out of everything you have bought and what buyers actually want from the deal.

the 1060 seems like the most appealing part of the PC, a low end haswell quad core doesn't sell as easily

since you have peripherals, list it for $550 or maybe even $600 and let people haggle you down to $500 or $450

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

I'd set it up for like 400 but go down to 300-350. 

Getting new case and RGB really isn't worth it for selling. People will know the hardware. Just don't sell it to the first guy who lowballs you to $100

I doubt he will sell it to an elite member of the pc master race. This is up the alley for a teenager that has a little money wants to game. They want non oem cases and rgb. If someone ask why there's not an i7 in there, then it's not even for them. If its one of those hp cases that was made or designed by bmw then by all means keep it, and put all the rgb fans in it.

3 minutes ago, tatte said:

As much as I wish we had those US prices, that's not how the market works. How much you can get depends on where you live. Either tell us that and hope that someone from the area sees this, or check what similar systems are sold for (not asking, sold) yourself in whatever local sites you have.

As a general advice, selling the parts separately usually nets you more. Especially in a case like this, having an old CPU and trying to push the peripherals with the system. It'll be hard to balance what you want to get out of everything you have bought and what buyers actually want from the deal.

Yeah, I'm thinking of pushing a monitor, keyboard, and mouse with it since all the time i see PCs on Ebay with Core 2 Duos selling for about $200 because of the monitors listed with them.

Just now, Animal901 said:

I doubt he will sell it to an elite member of the pc master race. This is up the alley for a teenager that has a little money wants to game. They want non oem cases and rgb. If someone ask why there's not an i7 in there, then it's not even for them. If its one of those hp cases that was made or designed by bmw then by all means keep it, and put all the rgb fans in it.

yeah in my area especially in the group of other musicians i'd be dealing with late teens or college kids. Personally I have no trouble getting 150+ FPS with it in CSGO and Fortnite. I just want to sell it to buy an iMac to use Garageband. I bought a Macbook and do Garageband on it and I absolutely love it, so i'm converting. 

I'm just hoping whatever I sell this PC for can cover an iMac that can handle Fortnite and CSGO, if not then I have another 2 systems that are lower end I could also sell. 

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

the 1060 seems like the most appealing part of the PC, a low end haswell quad core doesn't sell as easily

since you have peripherals, list it for $550 or maybe even $600 and let people haggle you down to $500 or $450

I could list it as a quad core I5 and most people won't think to ask any difference between a 4460 and a 8400. It still performs well though, I mean last year we saw even older CPUs being adopted like the Q9550 and I5 2400 by budget gamers. 

btw I also have a PC with an Athlon X4 645, 12 GB RAM, and a 2 GB R7 250. I'm strongly considering selling it since no one uses it. I could push it with another 19" monitor, M&K. What y'all think?

EDIT : it's just barely too slow to run CSGO and Fortnite above 30 FPS, but most things it's fine with. 

1 minute ago, LilRamenCHS said:

yeah in my area especially in the group of other musicians i'd be dealing with late teens or college kids. Personally I have no trouble getting 150+ FPS with it in CSGO and Fortnite. I just want to sell it to buy an iMac to use Garageband. I bought a Macbook and do Garageband on it and I absolutely love it, so i'm converting. 

I'm just hoping whatever I sell this PC for can cover an iMac that can handle Fortnite and CSGO, if not then I have another 2 systems that are lower end I could also sell. 

It would be much cheaper to use the abandonware adobe audition 1.5 it installs with a serial key. I love that program.

btw I also have a PC with an Athlon X4 645, 12 GB RAM, and a 2 GB R7 250. I'm strongly considering selling it since no one uses it. I could push it with another 19" monitor, M&K. What y'all think?

Sounds like sellable machines.  People gotta have ssd too.

It would be much cheaper to use the abandonware adobe audition 1.5 it installs with a serial key. I love that program.

Well, it's also MacOS that i'm getting used to. I use my Macbook Pro more than my PC at this point and my PC is starting to feel like a foreign object with the gestures. 

(also i'm an amatuer studio engineer for musicians so I can't really use anything other than Logic, Garageband or Ableton basically.)

Sounds like sellable machines.  People gotta have ssd too.

Yeah, an SSD can help it sell faster but are the hours i'd have to spend with it to reinstall windows really worth it? 

Yeah, I'm thinking of pushing a monitor, keyboard, and mouse with it since all the time i see PCs on Ebay with Core 2 Duos selling for about $200 because of the monitors listed with them.

...so that's a strategy to push (scam) practically obsolete systems out of the door. Your system is nowhere near hopeless, and definitely won't enjoy the same kind of bump from the peripherals (isn't a C2D system probably worth around $20 these days, but I guess they convince people that they're cheap, ready to use systems when they bundle accessories with them).

I could list it as a quad core I5 and most people won't think to ask any difference between a 4460 and a 8400.

Big oof. Don't try to scam anyone. :thinking: But hey, that is at least a valid tactic to drive away buyers who know anything about the parts. I just skip listings with insufficient details. "Oh, it has a fan in it, and you think it uses some form of electricity? Dandy! Pass." If you go this route, please make it good enough to get featured in Science Studio. :P 

Just now, tatte said:

...so that's a strategy to push (scam) practically obsolete systems out of the door. Your system is nowhere near hopeless, and definitely won't enjoy the same kind of bump from the peripherals (isn't a C2D system probably worth around $20 these days, but I guess they convince people that they're cheap, ready to use systems when they bundle accessories with them).

Big oof. Don't try to scam anyone. :thinking: But hey, that is at least a valid tactic to drive away buyers who know anything about the parts. I just skip listings with insufficient details. "Oh, it has a fan in it, and you think it uses some form of electricity? Dandy! Pass." If you go this route, please make it good enough to get featured in Science Studio. :P 

Yeah of course I would list the specific part numbers, but I mean if you were to put an I5 4460 with 8 GB RAM up to an I7 9700k with 32 GB RAM, the average person wouldn't notice a humongous difference in web browsing, or light gaming. 

12 minutes ago, LilRamenCHS said:

I could list it as a quad core I5 and most people won't think to ask any difference between a 4460 and a 8400.

except the 8400 has 6 cores so...

also I would hate to buy a PC with no specs listed, super annoying to have to ask. You should list GPU, CPU, and other relevant data you can toss into the listing.

but are the hours i'd have to spend with it to reinstall windows really worth it? 

hours? it takes like 20 minutes

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Yeah, an SSD can help it sell faster but are the hours i'd have to spend with it to reinstall windows really worth it? 

Well it sounds like you don't have anything to sell at all. You gotta have ssd today.

@tatte

Yeah i guess it would be awful to RIP you off, but if you buy it. It's your problem. I just built an x58 machine for my living room.  It doesnt spend power like everyone says, and I'm allowed to use whatever i want to simply watch baseball. Not everyone is trying to rule the world from their keyboard. I just did a core 2 duo rebuild for someone.  They loved all that money they saved. Loads fallout much faster................................................

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

except the 8400 has 6 cores so...

also I would hate to buy a PC with no specs listed, super annoying to have to ask. You should list GPU, CPU, and other relevant data you can toss into the listing.

hours? it takes like 20 minutes

Again, I wouldn't leave out specifics....

2 minutes ago, Animal901 said:

Well it sounds like you don't have anything to sell at all. You gotta have ssd today.

@tatte

Yeah i guess it would be awful to RIP you off, but if you buy it. It's your problem. I just built an x58 machine for my living room.  It doesnt spend power like everyone says, and I'm allowed to use whatever i want to simply watch baseball. Not everyone is trying to rule the world from their keyboard. I just did a core 2 duo rebuild for someone.  They loved all that money they saved. Loads fallout much faster................................................

The main PC i'm selling has a 2TB 7200 RPM drive, I don't really have the budget for an SSD before I sell it. My literal budget for EVERYTHING I'm selling is $25. I just spent $15 for a replacement PSU on an I3 build I'm trying to sell. (Fuck HP and their proprietary PSU shit)

14 minutes ago, Animal901 said:

Throw a 120gb ssd in them.

I might if I get an opportunity. <# 

selling old staff is always a mess. Try to sell spares and not whole pc. sell the mem, gpu, psu, lcd, cpu and you will get more than selling it as a whole in the end. but you have to be patient.

1 hour ago, LilRamenCHS said:

Thank you <# 

Take out the GTX 1060, cut back to 8GB of RAM and put the original PSU back. Take it back to stock, or as close to stock as you can get it. If you're going to sell a gaming PC in a boring old desktop case, it has to be one of two things:

• A quick & dirty "add a GTX 1650" upgrade
  • A sleeper

In your case, you've got a lot more into it than just the GPU, and the case itself isn't nearly old enough to be a sleeper. You're not going to get much in the way of a serious offer on what you have in the case it's in. If you have a bead on even a $20 Rosewill mATX mini tower that you can transplant everything into, you're doing yourself a huge favor imo.

If you were to leave it as-is with the tower, monitor, keyboard and mouse, I'd list it at $300.

If you take out all of the upgrades and restore it to its original configuration, I'd list the tower and monitor together at $250 as a home/office computer.

If you were to take out what's inside of the HP tower and transplant it all to a cheapo Rosewill or DIYPC gaming case with an LED fan or two and include everything, I'd list at $450. Yes, it makes that big of a difference.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.