Too good to be true?

xARACHN1D

So I now have a significant other. She legit seems WAYYYYY to good to be true. Like, she is legit everything I like about a girl. She is so perfect. Like has no flaws kind of person. Do you guys think its too good to be true?

You will get to know her more, and there will be quirks you aren't a massive fan of. But hey, that's part of the experience and why you fall in love with someone. 

No, she isn't perfect. You just have rose colored glasses on right now and that's a great thing. ?

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

6 minutes ago, Skipple said:

You will get to know her more, and there will be quirks you aren't a massive fan of. But hey, that's part of the experience and why you fall in love with someone. 

No, she isn't perfect. You just have rose colored glasses on right now and that's a great thing. ?

Please explain rose colored glasses. I do not know of this term. But thank you for the insight.

I think the problem is you're putting her on a pedestal, and that's never a healthy thing to do.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, Deli said:

It's a trap.

This better have been a star wars reference. Oh shoot. I need to ask her if she likes star wars.

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I think the problem is you're putting her on a pedestal, and that's never a healthy thing to do.

You might be right. I will try to adopt a more healthy view.

17 minutes ago, xARACHN1D said:

Please explain rose colored glasses. I do not know of this term. But thank you for the insight.

Rose coloured glasses (more commonly said “rose tinted glasses”) means that you’re looking at something without objectivity and are ignoring or overlooking flaws. 

Nobody is perfect. Period. She might be the perfect fit for you personally, but she’s not perfect. 

Everyone has flaws. It’s also very unhealthy to view her as “literally perfect” because you start to see her as a “thing” you’ve won, instead of a human being with flaws and feelings and likes and dislike, etc. 

Get to know her more. Find out what she likes, what she dislikes, what she’s like to be around when she’s mad or angry or sad or excited. 

Good luck though!

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Rose coloured glasses (more commonly said “rose tinted glasses”) means that you’re looking at something without objectivity and are ignoring or overlooking flaws. 

Nobody is perfect. Period. She might be the perfect fit for you personally, but she’s not perfect. 

Everyone has flaws. It’s also very unhealthy to view her as “literally perfect” because you start to see her as a “thing” you’ve won, instead of a human being with flaws and feelings and likes and dislike, etc. 

Get to know her more. Find out what she likes, what she dislikes, what she’s like to be around when she’s mad or angry or sad or excited. 

Good luck though!

I have figured out most of those things already. She expresses a lot to me. Etc. Dislikes, emotions, feelings. Stuff like that, I just don't see any flaws in her for me at least.

It really does sound like you're looking at the relationship through rose tinted glasses. Honestly it may be a good idea to take a step back a bit and think everything over a bit more. It's good to keep in mind that things that you don't consider flaws now could be considered as such at a later time (Small things the person does that over time begin to annoy you, etc). It's best to come to terms with that now so you can accept those flaws if you really do like this person. If not then it is what it is tbh. 

Just now, Clarkius said:

It really does sound like you're looking at the relationship through rose tinted glasses. Honestly it may be a good idea to take a step back a bit and think everything over a bit more. It's good to keep in mind that things that you don't consider flaws now could be considered as such at a later time (Small things the person does that over time begin to annoy you, etc). It's best to come to terms with that now so you can accept those flaws if you really do like this person. If not then it is what it is tbh. 

Thanks for the tip clarkius, you might be right.

Oh, I should also mention, she lives a city away and our relationship is online.

3 minutes ago, xARACHN1D said:

Oh, I should also mention, she lives a city away and our relationship is online.

Yeah that's another thing that could cause problems down the line.

Do a couple facetime chats or something then meet in person, if your interaction that way goes smooth then things could be promising. But it's hard to judge compatibility when you aren't able to spend much time in person, online vs physical interactions are very very different. 

1 hour ago, xARACHN1D said:

So I now have a significant other. She legit seems WAYYYYY to good to be true. Like, she is legit everything I like about a girl. She is so perfect. Like has no flaws kind of person. Do you guys think its too good to be true?

Remember: it is never your women, it is just your turn

15 minutes ago, xARACHN1D said:

WOW, just wow!

16 minutes ago, Clarkius said:

Yeah that's another thing that could cause problems down the line.

Do a couple facetime chats or something then meet in person, if your interaction that way goes smooth then things could be promising. But it's hard to judge compatibility when you aren't able to spend much time in person, online vs physical interactions are very very different. 

Yea I know that. I am being careful however

7 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

WOW, just wow!

Also, That had to be the most retarded thing I have ever heard.

I think you need to learn to meditate. Sam Harris does a good job of explaining this to athiests. If you are in a religion then you know what to do.

14 minutes ago, xARACHN1D said:

Also, That had to be the most retarded thing I have ever heard.

I don‘t blame you for this reaction because society teaches you to think this way. You seem to be young and inexperienced so give it a couple of years and you might begin to understand. Good luck!

Everyone has flaws.

If you treat her like a Goddess, i can asure you, she will lose interesst at some point. Women are strange Creatures. Logic doesnt apply.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

14 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I don‘t blame you for this reaction because society teaches you to think this way. You seem to be young and inexperienced so give it a couple of years and you might begin to understand. Good luck!

40 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

WOW, just wow!

just because you had a bad experience doesnt mean its that way for everyone. 

but OP shouldn't expect her to be perfect and doing so might harm the relationship and could put too much pressure on her. there are going to be things that you dont like about the person and you two are probably going to argue occasionally. imo love isnt about finding the person that is perfect for you and that you have no problems with but rather love is believing that the other person is worth it to work through those problems with

12 hours ago, wasab said:

Does she worship you?

Or perhaps you are worshipping her. 

I feel like its mutual, But I could be wrong.

12 hours ago, Caroline said:

Not all of us are whores you know.

Thank you, I told him this earlier.

17 hours ago, Bacon soup said:

I think we found her flaw. You need to ask her if she has a penis. You need to do this right now without delay!

Joke in ‘99, important distinction in ‘19.

14 hours ago, Caroline said:

Not all of us are whores you know.

Yeah, some of us can’t make any money!

/s

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

18 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

Yeah no. Most people don't have this weird, unhealthy, and cynical worldview of romantic relationships that you hold.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

@xARACHN1D@spartaman64@Caroline@Tegos@dalekphalm

I really regret that I answered here and maybe upset some of you. I should haven known that my opinion is only shared by a very small percentage of people. I am honestly sorry. I try to remember it for the future

Its ok I wasn't offended. In fact I'm sympathetic as probably you had some horrible experience that made you feel that way. I hope you do find someone you love and that loves you if that is the case.