[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

22 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

except that they're confirmed to be new focus to me, so they won't be moved any time soon

i literally bought one and as you can see its not a focus gx... i posted pics of the cables which had the in built capacitor thingies
Plus the first 4 numbers of the serial code are prolly the date cus it says 1804, 4th month of 2018

Reviewers had a similar 1804 date or 1709 or even 1704

Hell even looking at PCPP reviews of it ppl mention that the cables are very thick(which is what they are on the focus plus cus of in built capacitors on the cables making them very hard to maneuver)

2 minutes ago, NeptuneIX said:

i literally bought one and as you can see its not a focus gx... i posted pics of the cables which had the in built capacitor thingies
Plus the first 4 numbers of the serial code are prolly the date cus it says 1804, 4th month of 2018

Reviewers had a similar 1804 date or 1709 or even 1704

That literally just means that you bought the old stock.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Just now, Juular said:

That literally just means that you bought the old stock.

oh yeah if i got one from literally early 2018 and other people that have gotten it on PCPP have focus plus as well ofc it just means that i got unlucky!
You seriously think if they actually manufactured them actively i'd be getting an early 2018 batch??? Like if this is what they supply to suppliers i can guarantee you its going to be the same everywhere else, common sense really, seeing as they supplied the supplier w/ early 2018 ones lmao...
And this is how i got kinda screwed, i wont have an issue unless i run a vega 56/64 but the fact is that i got a focus plus when this list showed me that it was gonna be an A, including reassurance that it was going to be fine from you

3 minutes ago, NeptuneIX said:

oh yeah if i got one from literally early 2018 and other people that have gotten it on PCPP have focus plus as well ofc it just means that i got unlucky!
You seriously think if they actually manufactured them actively i'd be getting an early 2018 batch??? Like if this is what they supply to suppliers i can guarantee you its going to be the same everywhere else, common sense really, seeing as they supplied the supplier w/ early 2018 ones lmao...
And this is how i got kinda screwed, i wont have an issue unless i run a vega 56/64 but the fact is that i got a focus plus when this list showed me that it was gonna be an A, including reassurance that it was going to be fine from you

I don't see your point. It's not easy to see if you get a new batch or not with all other Focus based units too, you have to get confirmation from retailer. It's not just about Riotoro. Pre 2020 models are in tier A- by the way.

including reassurance that it was going to be fine from you

IIRC i told you then exactly the same as now, get a manufacturing date from retailer. And regardless, if you don't plan to use Vega with it - it would be completely fine.

8 minutes ago, Juular said:

I don't see your point. It's not easy to see if you get a new batch or not with all other Focus based units too, you have to get confirmation from retailer. It's not just about Riotoro.

do i have to copy paste what i literally just said? If they supplied the supplier with EARLY 2018 ONES, do you really really think that they actually have newer batches with ZERO evidence and a ton of evidence supporting the opposite? I asked the supplier and they didnt have a manufacturing date, they have no info about that and if riotoro isnt telling them that means no supplier/retailer has info about the manufacturing date.

1 minute ago, NeptuneIX said:

do i have to copy paste what i literally just said? If they supplied the supplier with EARLY 2018 ONES, do you really really think that they actually have newer batches with ZERO evidence and a ton of evidence supporting the opposite? I asked the supplier and they didnt have a manufacturing date lol.

I can't tell why who said that but we have confirmation that newer batches are Focus GX based. It doesn't matter if they manufactured just one new unit to date, the fact is still the same, there are old pre-fix batches and new ones on GX. That literally would be the same with all other brands such as Antec and ASUS, you're saying that we should move them too ? The concept of pre-2000 and post-2020 models is too hard to grasp ? Sorry that you bought a unit without knowing it's manufacturing date and got an old pre-fix stock.

2 minutes ago, Juular said:

I can't tell why who said that but we have confirmation that newer batches are Focus GX based. It doesn't matter if they manufactured just one new unit to date, the fact is still the same, there are old pre-fix batches and new ones on GX. That literally would be the same with all other brands such as Antec and ASUS, you're saying that we should move them too ? The concept of pre-2000 and post-2020 models is too hard to grasp ? Sorry that you bought a unit without knowing it's manufacturing date and got an old pre-fix stock.

prove it, i see no proof saying that the "new" batches(which probably wont exist) of the enigma g2 actually exist, 

Knowing its manufacturing date? How the fuck would i know its manufacturing date? The serial code shows the manufacturing date (aka 1804, 2018 april) and i can only see it when i get it in real life(and thats exactly how i found out). 

Just now, NeptuneIX said:

prove it, i see no proof saying that the "new" batches(which probably wont exist) of the enigma g2 actually exist, 

Knowing its manufacturing date? How the fuck would i know its manufacturing date? The serial code shows the manufacturing date (aka 1804, 2018 april) and i can only see it when i get it in real life. 

I can't. You don't get my point. There is old stock of course, it's reflected in the list already, but we have info that newer batches are based on GX, which is reflected in the list too. I don't see what you're trying to prove here.

1 minute ago, Juular said:

I can't. You don't get my point. There is old stock of course, it's reflected in the list already, but we have info that newer batches are based on GX, which is reflected in the list too. I don't see what you're trying to prove here.

show me this info, because me and other people ive seen on PCPP that bought this unit like a few weeks ago all got focus plus, i wouldnt trust the person that gave you this "info" after what just transpired 

1 minute ago, NeptuneIX said:

because me and other people ive seen on PCPP that bought this unit like a few weeks ago all got focus plus

You. all. got. an. old. stock.

Whether there is a new stock or not doesn't matter for you unless you get a manufacturing date of unit you plan to buy and see it. You've made a leap of faith and got an old stock.

I'm repeating myself multiple times at this point, this conversation is over, sorry.

1 minute ago, Juular said:

You. all. got. an. old. stock.

Whether there is a new stock or not doesn't matter for you unless you get a manufacturing date of unit you plan to buy and see it. You've made a leap of faith and got an old stock.

I'm repeating myself multiple times at this point, this conversation is over, sorry.

and im repeating myself as well, show me the info that shows that GX riotoro enigma g2s exist

All youve been saying is that you have "info" then prove it to me

Just now, NeptuneIX said:

and im repeating myself as well, show me the info that shows that GX riotoro enigma g2s exist

Treat this info as if burning bush told us that. I can't name the source.

Just now, Juular said:

Treat this info as if burning bush told us that. I can't name the source.

yeah ok buddy, i got a stock SO OLD that it was from the first batch of the v2 fx and you want me to believe that 2020 batches actually exist and that you can buy them(without naming your info of all things)? Alright now i can see why some people dislike the list concept, its bullshit like this that fucks people over and i now realise i put too much trust into you and this list in general 

56 minutes ago, NeptuneIX said:

All youve been saying is that you have "info" then prove it to me

Non-disclosure is a thing in this industry, so technically I'm the source here

if you believe me or not, is your choice

1 hour ago, NeptuneIX said:

its bullshit like this that fucks people over and i now realise i put too much trust into you and this list in general 

I don't know how else you can interpret this :

488829746_.png.bde36265528d435cc44d89b15fd205d7.png

My word isn't even needed here, everything you need to know are already in the list. You made a decision yourself, i didn't force you.

Edit: and you're missing the fact that unless you really wanted to use this PSU with AMD Vega (in which case a faith-buying would've been a bad idea anyway) it would be okay, nothing to pull your hair out about.

Would like some guidance on picking between a Phanteks AMP 650W (fanless <40% load) vs Seasonic Focus Plus 650W (fanless <30% load)?

How come the two PSUs are both made by Seasonic yet, the Phantek one has higher fanless load than a Seasonic?

For someone who puts silence in priority, which some should I pick? There both are similarly priced and both have the same warranty length.

I don't know how to pick between the two. For a 650W quiet full-modular PSU should I look beyond these two?

42 minutes ago, vformula00 said:

Would like some guidance on picking between a Phanteks AMP 650W (fanless <40% load) vs Seasonic Focus Plus 650W (fanless <30% load)?

How come the two PSUs are both made by Seasonic yet, the Phantek one has higher fanless load than a Seasonic?

because both are technically false values

they don't consider just load, but also temperature and combine this into a fan load. AMP is guaranteed to be the new 2019 GX models though, while only the GX version of Focus Plus will be the new one, while FX of course will always be the old one

46 minutes ago, vformula00 said:

For someone who puts silence in priority, which some should I pick? There both are similarly priced and both have the same warranty length.

I don't know how to pick between the two. For a 650W quiet full-modular PSU should I look beyond these two?

Phanteks AMP is based on Seasonic GX, which is updated version of Focus+. So they aren't the same PSU.
And what Luke said.

If you want quiet PSU, why not look into Corsair RMx or Fractal Design Ion?

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

1 hour ago, Quadriplegic said:

Phanteks AMP is based on Seasonic GX, which is updated version of Focus+. So they aren't the same PSU.
And what Luke said.

If you want quiet PSU, why not look into Corsair RMx or Fractal Design Ion?

I thought the Corsair RMx uses rifle bearing on their fans while Seasonic/Phanteks uses a fluid dynamics bearing. I assume the latter is a quieter fan. 

16 minutes ago, vformula00 said:

I thought the Corsair RMx uses rifle bearing on their fans while Seasonic/Phanteks uses a fluid dynamics bearing. I assume the latter is a quieter fan. 

That's just the bearing. The Hong Hua fan that Seasonic likes to use has a ticking noise, and is the loudest part of my PC. 

The RM is a cost cut RMx, and one of the downgrades is the fan. The NR135 is replaced with a Hong Hua fan similar to the one Seasonic uses. 

:)

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

The NR135 is replaced with a Hong Hua fan similar to the one Seasonic uses. 

just to add:

RM: HA1425M12F-Z

Focus: HA1225H12F-Z

35 minutes ago, NeptuneIX said:

You really think if they actively made new ones they'd be giving out ones from EARLY 2018, 2 full years ago?

You don't understand that it's not manufacturer that 'gives out' units but the retailer. Which buys units from manufacturer, if they have enough in stock there's no point in buying new ones. And even if they buy new batches from Riotoro, they may have a lot of old units lying around.

Guy that made the list says he has info but doesnt actually provide his source

And you also refuse to understand that there's such a thing as NDA, it is enough that we were even given such information.

I say again, no one forced you to buy Riotoro Enigma G2 after you couldn't retrieve an info about it's manufacturing date, you made that decision yourself. We made clear that there are new and old units in the list, you didn't even needed any word here, all the info are there. EVEN if there's no such thing as Focus GX based Riotoro Enigma G2 this changes nothing, you have to get manufacturing date from retailer to differentiate new and old units as there's no other signs, same SKU, same box. You couldn't, still bought it, it was your decision.

And, you also freaking out on the very fact that you got an old stock despite it's still okay with pretty much anything but AMD Vega.

I will certainly be spreading the news

Feel free to do so, just please, stop littering this thread.

9 hours ago, seon123 said:

That's just the bearing. The Hong Hua fan that Seasonic likes to use has a ticking noise, and is the loudest part of my PC. 

The RM is a cost cut RMx, and one of the downgrades is the fan. The NR135 is replaced with a Hong Hua fan similar to the one Seasonic uses. 

What Seasonic model you have?

Currently I am looking at fan rpm vs noise curve from Tom's Hardware reviews of the RM650x and AMP 650W. The max load-wise the RM650x is much better acoustically since the max fan rpm of the Corsair is below 1400 with Phanteks hits up to 2200 rpm level. The issue with me is that while the Phanteks cannot sustain much fanless load at around the 250W before starting the fan and its fan curve is much more pleasant to the ears. The Corsair just Thai-kicks the fan to loud. 

Picking the right PSU for a computer is probably the highest part of a computer build for me.